• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
nsxZ0.png

brilliant.

Jon

so I've never played any of the mass effect games.are they long or short or what?

Not sure if serious, but they are fairly long. ME1 was about ~40 hours, and ME2 was closer to 70 IIRC. Either way, Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game ever, so if you haven't played it, you probably should.

AND YET, I still haven't gotten ME3, because I want to finish Skyrim first, except it's proving impossible.

Malo

Banned
Not sure if serious, but they are fairly long. ME1 was about ~40 hours, and ME2 was closer to 70 IIRC. Either way, Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game ever, so if you haven't played it, you probably should.

AND YET, I still haven't gotten ME3, because I want to finish Skyrim first, except it's proving impossible.
How did it take you 70 hours to beat ME2? It took me only 35 hours and
all my crew members survived

Back on topic, Hughes looked pretty good again today.

Jon

I beat ME2 in 20 hours.

Yeah but, did you do everything?
And did your crew survive?

How did it's take you 70 hours to beat ME2? It took me only 35 hours and all my crew members survived.

Back on topic, Hughes looked pretty good again today.

Haha honestly I cannot remember how long. I remember one game taking me close to twice the other to finish. I'm going to have to check this out tonight now, out of curiosity.

EDIT: 70 hours does seem like a lot, because I just hit 70 hours in Skyrim, and it feels like that game will never end. Maybe it was closer to 40? Either way, that game ruled.

And back on topic....man I am really ready for baseball.

Hey 6 IP from Johan, nice job.

Keep rewriting facts and public opinion.

who's opinion? yours? get outta here with that.
the Mets were a better team than both of them IMO and they still nuked the division away, inch by painful inch all the while letting the phillies inch closer and letting jimmy Rollins fullfil his prediction and finally at the last day..!
to not even show up and have your team just gutted by upstart fish before the game even gets going is..... only way to describe it is nails being pulled out painful. but I forgive you for wanting to forget all that unpleasantness frankman. it was painful and sorrowful and embarrasing and pathetic. I forgive you bro.

Just don't watch days when Jason Marquis or Nick Blackburn start.

It'll still be fun watching the Tigers fumble around in the field.

Blackburn is having a pretty decent spring, but yeah he'll probably suck come the season. Marquis has never really been all that good, and I'm not sure why Ryan signed him. I think the Twins will do much better than last year, but the back end of the rotation is really going to hold them back.

who's opinion? yours? get outta here with that.
the Mets were a better team than both of them IMO and they still nuked the division away, inch by painful inch all the while letting the phillies inch closer and letting jimmy Rollins fullfil his prediction and finally at the last day..!
to not even show up and have your team just gutted by upstart fish before the game even gets going is..... only way to describe it is nails being pulled out painful. but I forgive you for wanting to forget all that unpleasantness frankman. it was painful and sorrowful and embarrasing and pathetic. I forgive you bro.
You wasted all those words just to still be wrong. Jesus, all I have to do is point to last year's thread. Your trolling is Lovingsteam-bad, just quit it already.

Speaking of Revisionist History... here's a interesting piece on Tsuyoshi Nishioka.

Sanjuro

You wasted all those words just to still be wrong. Jesus, all I have to do is point to last year's thread. Your trolling is Lovingsteam-bad, just quit it already.

Speaking of Revisionist History... here's a interesting piece on Tsuyoshi Nishioka.

I've noticed the pattern of when you don't get your way, you just pout and compare a poster to someone else. I don't see how he is "trolling" or anything like Lovingsteam as a poster.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking hate Bill Smith. When they got Hardy, I was ecstatic. They had no solid plan at short when they traded away Bartlett, and here was an elite shortstop to shore up that position. Then they penny pinched despite paying Matt Capps $7 million, and Pavano $8 million, and Delmon Young $6 million. All of those players could've easily been replaced with players existing in the organization (Perkins could've closed, Slowey could've started, Kubel could've filled Delmon's role). Clearly Hardy was not replaceable, still they traded him for peanuts after one year. Since he didn't run fast enough, apparently. Christ. It was a bad move at the time, it's even worse in retrospect.

I was discussing this with some other Twins fans the other day. I think that there's too much blame placed on the signing of Nishioka, and not enough on letting Hardy go. If they keep Hardy, and Nishioka flames out, you have Casilla there playing second. There's a backup plan. With Nisihoka & Casilla you're praying an unproven player and a player who has been inconsistant his entire career lock down your middle infield for one season. Ugh.

I'm glad Smith got fired, but the trickle down effect of his reign will be felt by the team for years. The team is going to be shit for several seasons during the prime of a once in a franchise talent like Mauer. That just grinds my gears.

I trust in Terry Ryan to turn things around, but it's going to be a lot of work.

clemenx

Banned
Sucks about Soria but everyone's been saying they had to trade him the last 3 seasons. It makes no sense they held onto him that long.

I agree. But Oswalt is an old broken down piece of meat that should be put out to the pasture. last year he was contemplating retirement now he is gung ho about returning mideason. brah thinks he is P Mart. he can posture all he wants with selig to get a franchise in missisippi.

Enron

Banned
Because Feliz was a starter his whole career, was a top prospect as a starter, and has the talent to be a torp and quite frankly has more value as a starting pitcher. Most rangers fans think this move was LONG overdue. Closers are literally a dime a dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom