• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

ALE
Yankees
Rays -WC
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles

ALC
Tigers
Royals
Twins
Indians
White Sox

ALW
Rangers
Angels -WC
Mariners
Athletics

NLE
Phils
Braves -WC
Marlins
Nats
Mets

NLC
Brewers
Reds
Cardinals
Pirates
Cubs
Astros

NLW
D-Backs
Giants -WC
Rockies
Dodgers
Padres

WS
Phils over Angels

Sanjuro

everyone should start using the irc channel in preparation of MLB-gaf's demise.
I leave it open in the background. Right now its fairly dead. Like I said before hope some of you can waste the minor CPU usage and do the same for this season.

Malo

Banned
So, just a heads up for those who view the forum via their phone during the day: this subforum isn't visible on the mobile app site. Only way to get to the thread right now is via Subscriptions.
I was wondering where the fuck mlb gaf and the rest of sports gaf went. This sucks, time to get on irc chat more.

RIP Sports Gaf.

Fenix

New Community tab on the top of the forum but not the bottom, awesome.

Not visible on the mobile app? Awesomer.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I leave it open in the background. Right now its fairly dead. Like I said before hope some of you can waste the minor CPU usage and do the same for this season.
Yeah I have made it one of the pages that open up when i load my browser. Still need a decent iOS solution though.

Sanjuro

I downloaded mirc but that runs out in 30 days. need to pay after. just gonna use that last link you put in the OP.
XChat is vastly superior for just chatting. There is an open source version that is free floating around. Check the wikipedia, If not ill find it later.

Windu, Colloquy is on IOS and seems to be the popular version. Android there is AndroIRC.

Mibbit isn't great for long term. It will usually ban you periodically if you stay in it for a while.

Doytch

I don't really care about the reorg changes since I just use subs for everything anyway, but it's hilarious how it's around for seemingly no reason, totally half-assed, looks like it was barely tested.

Though now I know there's a lot more fuckups on this forum than I thought there were: a my little pony thread...? Wow people.

BFIB

I made the mistake of accidentally clicking on the "My Little Pony" thread once. I'm not going to discuss what I saw.

Jon

Sure glad I started Coco Crisp and Jesus Montero for these two games.

Yanquis-Age has fooled me on his true value! OVER HYPED.

Fox318

Way to put words in my mouth. You know who else puts things in peoples mouths without consent? Pedo's.

hmmmm

That got a good chuckle out of me.

Also should I have a family member in AA.

Should I root for their major league counterpart or against?

Doytch

You know not everybody who likes MLP is a pedo. Christ.
You're right.
If they're British they're paedos.

MLB-relevant: A National League scout doesn't think the Phillies are that scary once you get past Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels. "Other than those three pitchers, they're not very good," the scout told Andy Martino of the New York Daily News (Twitter link).

Yeah I stole that from MLBTR and didn't even bother to give the link. Pretty correct though. Victorino's the only player on that roster I'd count on to contribute.

Jon

You're right.

MLB-relevant: A National League scout doesn't think the Phillies are that scary once you get past Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels. "Other than those three pitchers, they're not very good," the scout told Andy Martino of the New York Daily News (Twitter link).

Yeah I stole that from MLBTR and didn't even bother to give the link. Pretty correct though. Victorino's the only player on that roster I'd count on to contribute.

You mean Freddy Galvis or Ty Wigginton don't scare you Doytch? Well you are in for a rude awakening sir.

Zep

Banned
You're right.

Woah, the scout figured that all out himself? Here I'm thinking that having Utley and Howard on the DL for the first 3 months meant 116 wins this season.

edit; And who can forget about Juan Pierre and Scott Posednik battling for an outfield spot?!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Phillies will be fine. They had to deal with Utley's health problems in the past and Ryan Howard is garbage. It will not be difficult for Jim Thome / Mayberry to put up comparable production.

Besides having 3 of the best pitchers in baseball yeah they got issues. They'll still win the division by 10 games.

Woah, the scout figured that all out himself? Here I'm thinking that having Utley and Howard on the DL for the first 3 months meant 116 wins this season.

edit; And who can forget about Juan Pierre and Scott Posednik battling for an outfield spot?!

Is Pence not on the team anymore, I feel like I must have missed something. With their starters plus bullpen they are only going to need to score like 3 runs most nights. Mayberry is going to be good this year, Thome has looked really good in ST, Pence is going to have a monster year, the Phils are going to be fine this year.

Jon

Is Pence no0t on the team anymore, I feel like I must have missed something. With their starters plus bullpen they are only going to need to score like 3 runs most nights. Mayberry is going to be good this year, Thome has looked really good in ST, Pence is going to have a monster year, the Phils are going to be fine this year.

Mayberry is going to regress badly this year. He couldn't have looked worse in Spring Training. Thome will be a non-factor playing in probably 50 games this season. Hunter Pence might be traded by July for prospects.

Mayberry is going to regress badly this year. He couldn't have looked worse in Spring Training. Thome will be a non-factor playing in probably 50 games this season. Hunter Pence might be traded by July for prospects.

Hey Jon's back! I was worried someone had hacked your account.

Jon

Hey Jon's back! I was worried someone had hacked your account.

Hahaha. No no, don't get me wrong, I think the Phillies will be fine, just that I have soured on Mayberry Jr. Pence will be a big contributor--he's going to have to be, really. Even if this team ends up like the Giants of 2010, it doesn't much matter to me.

There's the Mariners I remember from last year. Even though they won their first game, they still left King Felix with a ND. The second game was 2011 Mariners stuff: 3 hits, 1 run, 1 loss.

They projected as a .500 team at best, but a little offense would be nice.

Hahaha. No no, don't get me wrong, I think the Phillies will be fine, just that I have soured on Mayberry Jr. Pence will be a big contributor--he's going to have to be, really. Even if this team ends up like the Giants of 2010, it doesn't much matter to me.

There are lots of guys that are horrible in ST but crank it up once the season stars, Hopefully Mayberry will be like that. Pence had 11 HR's and hit over .300 in less then 1/3 of the season after being traded to the Phils. I really think he is going to have a huge season. I dont think they win 102 again, but 92 doesnt seem out of the question. I think the whole division will be better so the Braves are going to win less games in the division as well.

cashman

Banned
You're right.

That's what I was thinking when I made my picks, but looking back I don't think I would count on Josh Johnson more than Halladay/Lee/Hamel.

CJ should have signed with the marlins. Fucker.

sangreal

V9Vjq.jpg

Doytch

That's what I was thinking when I made my picks, but looking back I don't think I would count on Josh Johnson more than Halladay/Lee/Hamel.

CJ should have signed with the marlins. Fucker.
JJ actually started doing useful training this offseason rather than retarded strongman-comp-esque stuff though. Might help keep him on the mound.

Macattk15

There's the Mariners I remember from last year. Even though they won their first game, they still left King Felix with a ND. The second game was 2011 Mariners stuff: 3 hits, 1 run, 1 loss.

They projected as a .500 team at best, but a little offense would be nice.

Meh. 2nd game of the season. Well ... quasi-season. Let's get the fuck out of Japan and see how things are. Such a dumb Selig move ... no one cared anyway, why the hell were we there?

Though I agree ... the offense tonight was asstastic, as was the bullpen. Thank god I went to sleep after the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom