• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Mariners win. Felix pitches brilliantly, but no run support. Ackley looks amazing, and it was nice to see Ichiro do well in the three hole.

Really glad I got up to watch the game (it was fun comparing NTV's feed with what Root did to it), but I don't know if I'll do it again tomorrow morning at 2am.

sangreal

I can't believe the Mariners and A's get to play real (lol) baseball while the rest of us are stuck with Spring Training

BFIB

Yes, that is ridiculously stupid

BudSelig_d588d.jpg

mjc

Only a week away boys ONLY A WEEK

I'm getting my Vita today so I'll be able to sate the anxiousness with The Show.

hagaf22

Neo Member
Jason Vargas vs. Bartolo Colon. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS PREMIER MATCHUP.

hopefully its a 20 inning nailbiter.... damn you M's wasting another outstanding pitching display by the King.... Hopefully Chone misses the plane back and gets stuck in Japan...

Parch

I understand the purpose. The Japanese are great baseball fans. They deserve some MLB and it's nice to see Ichiro shine at home. But they couldn't coordinate this with the real Opening Day? Give them two games and then some days off before they start NA games.
They're west coast teams. It's not like the jet lag is going to cripple them for a week. Or let them play each other again so there's no jet lag excuse.
It's just ridiculous scheduling. It's fine to give Japan some real games but not at the expense of North America by making Opening Day the joke of sports. The incompetence of Selig knows no bounds.

Chris R

For at least one game, the Mariners are #1org.

Best team in the entire league right now baby! Just end the season now and I'll be happy.

Realistically though I'd like the Ms to at least challenge the Angels for 2nd in the division, but I doubt that will happen :|

The Twins have officially released Joel Zumaya, who's done for the season with Tommy John surgery. They have to pay him his entire $850k salary because he got injured before the season started.

How long would the flight be from Seattle to Japan? 7 hours?

I've never done a flight over the pacific.

I've done the Seattle to Tokyo flight twice. It's about 10 hours there and 9 hours back due to tradewinds.

On the broadcast this morning, they were talkimg about Phoenix to Tokyo, so that's probably where they got 12 hours.

Speaking of Tokyo, the Dome is really showing it's age. Saw the Giants and the Dragons there back in 2010, I had a blast at the game, but was really surprised how it looked like a aging combination of the Metrodome and Kingdome.

bryehn

Speaking of Tokyo, the Dome is really showing it's age. Saw the Giants and the Dragons there back in 2010, I had a blast at the game, but was really surprised how it looked like a aging combination of the Metrodome and Kingdome.

Sounds like Rogers Centre. Please someone power wash the walls in that place! Maybe put a backdrop behind the wall so it doesn't look like an old small town hockey arena too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom