• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc farks

If you want to call it whining I don't care. I'm just commenting on one of the Cubs related things going on this off-season. Never have I said it's a big deal, it's a mediocre prospect for an executive, exactly what I predicted it would be. Like when I explained to you how Boston did not have the upper hand in negotiations.
And now I'm saying it would be annoying to pick out another mediocre prospect just because Boston keeps complaining. What an embarrassing way for an organization to run itself. No one knew of the injury when the trade was finalized.

Just gon' keep on whining here.

Sanjuro

If you want to call it whining I don't care. I'm just commenting on one of the Cubs related things going on this off-season. Never have I said it's a big deal, it's a mediocre prospect for an executive, exactly what I predicted it would be. Like when I explained to you how Boston did not have the upper hand in negotiations.
And now I'm saying it would be annoying to pick out another mediocre prospect just because Boston keeps complaining. What an embarrassing way for an organization to run itself. No one knew of the injury when the trade was finalized.

Just gon' keep on whining here.

You are saying that like it's an absolute fact. Even if they didn't know, it's not unprecedented for that player to go back.

Again, they did technically have the upper hand. Hence why Bud became involved in the first place.

tc farks

You are saying that like it's an absolute fact. Even if they didn't know, it's not unprecedented for that player to go back.

It came from a 'baseball source', who said that the teams agreed no intent or prior knowledge was known by the Cubs to mislead the Red Sox. It's not fact, but if this wasn't true, the Red Sox would have already filed a claim to the MLB office instead of sitting around "weighing their options." The only known fact is Carp passed medical exams by both Chicago and Boston.

Their plan is to go cry to Bud that their compensation is junk and they want a new toy. I doubt very highly he acquiesces. If he does, and you're right that it's certainly possible, it will just be yet another annoying ordeal for a mediocre prospect who may or may not suck in Boston's bullpen for a season or two.

Boston should walk away, knowing their front office however; they're still churning out complaints and humming along as per usual.

Sanjuro

At least you can take comfort in knowing the people responsible for the current state of our front office is set up now in Chicago.

tc farks

At least you can take comfort in knowing the people responsible for the current state of our front office is set up now in Chicago.

I was unaware that Henry and Lucchino had came to Chicago as well.

Esptein has thrown off these reprehensible shackles and is born anew. As for taking comfort, I have indeed.

Riggs

Banned
Let's go red sox lets go!
dice-k%20F%20bomb.jpg

Descalso most likely getting the leadoff spot. Furcal apparently forgot how to hit. And the Cards are on the hook for two years. Can we please get a dependable SS? We've been playing revolving door since Eckstein left.
As long as he's healthy and playing solid defense, I really don't mind giving him some time to get his swing back. He supposedly had an appendectomy over the offseason. This is why the Brendan Ryan trade was stupid as fuck. I guess we can always call up Ryan Jackson if the Furcal deal blows up in our face.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Astros released Livan Hernandez, who was then immediately signed by the Braves.

That shit is going to be weird.
so what is he? the 10th man in the rotation? lol.

hudson
hanson
jurrjens
beachy
minor
medlen
teheran
delgado
hernandez

heh 9th.

edit: actually hoover should probably be above him too...and maybe redmond.

hudson
hanson
jurrjens
beachy
minor
medlen
teheran
delgado
hernandez

heh 9th.

They're basically just going to use him until Hudson comes back and then probably release him unless Jurrjens sucks/gets hurt again.

Signing official. Braves signed Livan Hernandez to a minor league deal. Braves AJC reporter says he just walked into the clubhouse.

Doogdogg

Looks like Bard is getting the hang of being a starter. His strikeouts are rising in the last two starts. Throwing upward to 98MPH today, and sitting 94-96.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Well

Seems he might be the spot starter/long reliever. He's still sort of effective. His arm will stay attached.

So, ok.

Sanjuro

Looks like Bard is getting the hang out being a starter. His strikeouts are rising in the last two starts. Throwing upward to 98MPH today, and sitting 94-96.
Felix should be the fourth, Bard the fifth. Aceves is far too valuable in the bullpen. Bard simply can't be worse than Lackey from the season prior. If he struggles you can put him back when Daisuke is ready. Not sold on Bard, but I feel its past the point of no return.

Livan's deal with the Braves is a major league deal. However, the Braves have said he will only be used as a long reliever/spot starter. Delgado will probably still make the team as the 5th starter, and this allows them to move Cristhian Martinez in middle relief (which is good; Lisp was too good last year for long relief).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This must have been what darkside's family looked like on Opening Day when he was young.

http://i.imgur.com/XFJTD.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude. You are a Texas Rangers and Atlanta Braves fan.

How do you live with this? How can you walk outside with your Livan Hernandez Braves jersey while you're wearing a Rangers cap.

hudson
hanson
jurrjens
beachy
minor
medlen
teheran
delgado
hernandez

heh 9th.

edit: actually hoover should probably be above him too...and maybe redmond.
10 starters n 2 relievers pitching staff?

JambiBum

I love Thome. Shame he plays for the Phils now.

Baseball Tonight just did a replay of the final day of the season last year. That was a damn good day in baseball. Wonder if we will get anything like that again with the new WC spots.

JABEE

Dude. You are a Texas Rangers and Atlanta Braves fan.

How do you live with this? How can you walk outside with your Livan Hernandez Braves jersey while you're wearing a Rangers cap.

I don't understand how you can be a fan of more than one team in a league.

Enron

Banned
I don't understand how you can be a fan of more than one team in a league.

Spend your life in two cities. At least they are in different leagues.

In my defense, I adopted the braves when I was a kid, after moving away from Dallas and both teams were shitty as fuck. Whereas mr darkside ran from the mets when they got shitty and hopped on the Rays wagon!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Spend your life in two cities. At least they are in different leagues.

In my defense, I adopted the braves when I was a kid, after moving away from Dallas and both teams were shitty as fuck. Whereas mr darkside ran from the mets when they got shitty and hopped on the Rays wagon!

Dude I've been living in Florida for close to 10 years now. I really can call myself an almost lifelong Rays fan.

You aren't any different than me. Quit mocking me.

Sanjuro

what so he can pitch a complete game against us? no! if you can't beat them, sign them. We should sign Jamie Moyer next.
I'm sure Lowe will be a FA in no time!

Also, damn you people for not letting me do fantasy baseball. Kind of got into it last season.

McNei1y

what so he can pitch a complete game against us? no! if you can't beat them, sign them. We should sign Jamie Moyer next.

Damn you Braves!! I was thinking a Strasburg-Livan combo would be insane. That change of speed.

Thanks to our luck, Livo will probably pitch like an all star against us.

Malo

Banned
Royals have reached an extension with Alex Gordon. 4 guaranteed years with a player option for the fifth. No word on money yet.

Sanjuro

I'm at work, ill maybe do so later. I'm not huge into fantasy sports, but I like tweaking the roosters and stats over the course of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom