• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

4359b3bc2c6b7cc3d6f78a7cf4b76f5d

Discuss.

Chris R

My dream scenario

Twins beats Cleveland
Boston beats Houston

Twins win AL

Sneks/Rockies beat LA
Washington beats Cubs

Sneks/Rockies win NL

WILD CARD WORLD SERIES

Dodgers looking more vulnerable than ever, so this is the year that we win it all! That's how the MLB postseason works, right?

I'd love to see another Yankees Red Sox ALCS.

Malo

Banned
Playoffs Prediction:

Yankees over Twins
Dbacks over Rockies

Cleveland in 5
Houston in 4

Doyers in 4
Nats in 5

Cleveland in 7
Doyers in 6

Cleveland rocks in 6

Homer Predictions: Forget what I wrote earlier YANKEES WIN and fuk yo team

Beckx

christ, it is possible to have a worse playoff thread than the one FP made.

anyway, Yankees/Dodgers, let's party like it's 1981.

Welcome back, Council members. Welcome back, baseball faithful, brothers and sisters in condiment unity.

My predictions:

WC Game:
Yankees x Twins: We own them. They might not have Sano. We can do that bullpen relay if shit gets real to limit the damage. In one game, anything can happen...but this ain't the one.

D'backs x Rockies: Goldy and JD Martinez are just too real to deal with in one game.

ALDS:
Cleveland x Yankees: I hate to admit this, but Cleveland just owns us. Continuing the revenge tours of the 2014, 2015 and 2016 postseasons, Cleveland will not be stopped until they do what they came close to last year. CLE in 4.

Houston x Red Sox: Astros really set themselves up nicely when they got Verlander. Red Sox pitching got interesting with Price as an erstwhile super-reliever...but I just don't believe in playoff Price. Also, their offense ain't shit compared to Houston's. HOU in 4.

NLDS:
Dodgers x D'backs: Playoff Doyers won't be powerful enough to stop them from beating the Snakes. Too much talent. LAD in 4.

Cubs x Nats: Cubbies don't repeat, which is alright because they already ended the curse. Nats are balanced and healthy, and they'll eke this one out. WSH in 5.

ALCS:
CLE over HOU in 6

NLCS:
LAD over WSH in 5

WS:
CLE over LAD in 7.

...now, this all changes if somehow, the Yankees manage to beat the Indians in the ALDS. If they can beat them...they're beating *everyone*.

Shout out to Logan Morrison. Shout out to the Fightin' Jangocubes.
BEISBOL.

rekameohs

Banned
Journey along with the rest of us to the
Universally most exciting part of the baseball
Season, in which the best and brightest
Teams square off in the most critical of times.

Down to the last strike, the last man standing,
Inside the stadium filled to the brim;
None but the fierce will emerge victorious.
Gone are the days of callups and tanking,
Even the wars of ketchup / mustard halted (for now),
Really all that’s left to enjoy is
Some motherfucking postseason baseball.

Playoffs Prediction:

Yankees over Twins
Dbacks over Rockies

Cleveland in 5
Houston in 4

Doyers in 4
Nats in 5

Cleveland in 7
Doyers in 6

Cleveland rocks in 6

Homer Predictions: Forget what I wrote earlier YANKEES WIN and fuk yo team

I knew you were secretly good people Malo

ThisGuy

Pumped for tomorrows game.

Counting on Indians dodgers world series.

Indians win it all. Would like to see Indians cubs again tho.

Chase17

I believe in reborn playoff Price out of the pin, and that he will lead the Red Sox to the lofty goal of not getting swept in the first round again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Teams I want to choke: Nats and Doyers.

Teams I expect to choke: Nats and Doyers.

3N16MA

Banned
20 top selling jerseys:

1. Aaron Judge, Yankees
2. Kris Bryant, Cubs
3. Anthony Rizzo, Cubs
4. Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
5. Bryce Harper, Nationals
6. Buster Posey, Giants
7. Yadier Molina, Cardinals
8. Mike Trout, Angels
9. Francisco Lindor, Indians
10. Javier Baez, Cubs
11. Corey Seager, Dodgers
12. Mookie Betts, Red Sox
13. Jose Altuve, Astros
14. Kyle Schwarber, Cubs
15. Gary Sanchez, Yankees
16. Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
17. Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox
18. Freddie Freeman, Braves
19. Noah Syndergaard, Mets
20. Nolan Arenado, Rockies

Stanton nowhere on the list. Not surprising.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The takes that if the Twins beat the Yankees it'll ruin the playoffs are pretty fucking infuriating. God damn I hate the Yankees.

Malo

Banned
The takes that if the Twins beat the Yankees it'll ruin the playoffs are pretty fucking infuriating. God damn I hate the Yankees.
One person shouldn't have so much hate. It's time to let go, lamb.

A-Rod can't hurt the twins anymore.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
One person shouldn't have so much hate. It's time to let go, lamb.

A-Rod can't hurt the twins anymore.
It'll take a decade and a half of the Twins having a .700 winning percentage against the Yankees to make up for this shit, friend.

Starting with a win tonight.

Caja 117

I will keep my anual commitment in boycotting the coin flip game. This has no bussiness in baseball and is agravating that its even called a playoff game. Playing some Dragon's Dogma tonight instead.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Trust me I'm intimately familiar with this stat.

Look, the Twins had an amazing turnaround and they're probably going to lose tonight since they're not as good as the Yankees, but the way people are acting like they shouldn't have bothered getting on the plane, and if by some miracle they win, that it would ruin the rest of the postseason is pretty fucking infuriating. They've been bad for 7 years, and broke my heart over and over again in the playoffs before that. Instead of getting to enjoy this, I'm just watching my boys get shit on over and over. I hope if they win, they completely embarrass the Yankees. But hey, they won't, and shouldn't have bothered getting on the plane to be honest.

Malo

Banned
Trust me I'm intimately familiar with this stat.

Look, the Twins had an amazing turnaround and they're probably going to lose tonight since they're not as good as the Yankees, but the way people are acting like they shouldn't have bothered getting on the plane, and if by some miracle they win, that it would ruin the rest of the postseason is pretty fucking infuriating. They've been bad for 7 years, and broke my heart over and over again in the playoffs before that. Instead of getting to enjoy this, I'm just watching my boys get shit on over and over. I hope if they win, they completely embarrass the Yankees. But hey, they won't, and shouldn't have bothered getting on the plane to be honest.
MLB and network executives would definitely rather the Yankees win tonight because of ratings, but it would be funny to see the twins vs Indians in the prime time slot. Exects would lose their shit.

I know the Yankees are the better team, but I'm pretty damn nervous. Anything can happen in one game.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Twins' chances in one game a hell of a lot more than I do in a series, given they have basically one reliable starter, two who can be good, and about two guys in the bullpen I trust.

tr4nce 26

Banned
I'm so excited for this nl wild card game tomorrow. The entire season hinges on this one game. Really great time to be a dbacks fan in the valley.

Top Bottom