• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB: THE BIGS(Wii,PS3,360) - First screens

Zep

Banned
Developed by Blue Castle Games, The BIGS brings blazing graphics to huge proportions with larger-than-life MLB player models and ballparks. Featuring fantastic pitching, batting, and fielding animations, gamers can also take advantage of spectacular power-ups with outrageous special effects. As a standard for all major 2K Sports titles, The BIGS features online play for up to four players, making it a grand slam for online baseball battles.

04.11.07.03.06.09.jpg

04.11.07.03.06.59.jpg

04.11.07.03.08.09.jpg

04.11.07.03.08.25.jpg

04.11.07.03.07.53.jpg

04.11.07.03.05.46.jpg

04.11.07.03.07.20.jpg

04.11.07.03.07.37.jpg

Emowii

Banned
You know, this game could be really freaking awesome if it plays well. I would love to see a great arcade baseball game, in the vein of Ken Griffey baseball on the N64.

The only thing that could totally mess this game up would be if it got too wacky, and stupid. I don't need fireballs in my baseball games, and hijinks of any kind. I just need fast paced, and fun baseball action with some sweet graphics.

They seem to have got the graphics party mostly right.

Zep

Banned
It's an arcade baseball game..lol

anyway, Wii version online? maybe...Lets put Warm Machine on the spot :)

OatmealMu said:
"How did I get here? I'm not good with baseball."
I think they’re trying to sneak out new night-time GTA4 screenies and hope no one works it out.
So for their sakes guys . . . . . . . . Ssssssssh!! ;)

OatmealMu

DefectiveReject said:
I think they’re trying to sneak out new night-time GTA4 screenies and hope no one works it out.
So for their sakes guys . . . . . . . . Ssssssssh!! ;)

I was actually thinking that it reminded me of GT4's photo mode.

guise

I can understand if they wanted to make a "street" baseball game, but was it really necessary to give the players the full on baseball outfits, and shove them in the middle of a main road in a city centre :lol :lol :lol

Zep

Banned
guise said:
I can understand if they wanted to make a "street" baseball game, but was it really necessary to give the players the full on baseball outfits, and shove them in the middle of a main road in a city centre :lol :lol :lol

I dont think we want a shirts vs. skins game with david ortiz involved.

Jammy

Banned
This should be a fairly big seller on the Wii. Every one of my friends who has played Wii Sports has said that they'd love to see an all-out MLB baseball game on the Wii.

big_z

wsippel said:
Does this look like Wii to you? It's obviously either Xbox360 or PS3. The resolution of the screenshots is exactly a quarter of 720p...

Well it's got enough dithering to be a wii game... ;)

EDIT: dithering gone, stupid IE7 image compression am cry :(

Man those uniforms are tight compared to EA's "we dress in tarps" uniforms.

mckmas8808

Banned
Jammy said:
This should be a fairly big seller on the Wii. Every one of my friends who has played Wii Sports has said that they'd love to see an all-out MLB baseball game on the Wii.

I don't know about these guys but swinging with PS3 controller like a bat in the MLB 2K7 demo was fun.

Big Zep said:
It's an arcade baseball game..lol

anyway, Wii version online? maybe...Lets put Warm Machine on the spot :)

Confirmed to be online for Wii.

These are nice screens, except the character models are only ok imo.

ZeoVGM

Banned
First I've heard of this.

Is it an arcade style baseball game?

Those are the only kind of sports games I like.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Looks nice, it's high time for a new arcadey baseball game. Wii version might be an interesting pickup, if they nail the controls.

Meier

Haha, I *knew* there would be some great photoshops of that jumping catch when I saw the number of replies coming in. :lol LMAO at Wollan's as well. :lol

Top Bottom