Release date: March 28, 2017
Developer: SIE San Diego Studio
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Series: MLB: The Show
Genre: Sports game
Platform: PlayStation 4
NA Box Art:
Aaron Sanchez graces the Canadian cover:
Wei-Yin Chen once again graces the Taiwan cover:
Versions and Prices:
A few more clarifications on the content included in the different skus:
Gold Season Starter Pack Contents: Includes one item for a mission starter that leads to a Gold player.
Sponsor Pack Contents: 5 pieces of equipment to use in Road To The Show/Diamond Dynasty (RTTS/DD) and 3 Franchise sponsorships.
Diamond Season Starter Pack Contents: Includes one item for a mission starter that leads to a Diamond player.
Digital Deluxe Pack Contents: Includes 4 players, 1 guaranteed Live Series Gold player, and 1 guaranteed Flashback.
Standard Pack: 8 total items, 6 Players, and 2 items (either RTTS/Diamond Dynasty Player equipment or Franchise Sponsorship).
Stub(s): The universal currency used in MLB The Show.
PS4 Pro features (announced in stream):
Three different modes available:
2. High Detail (1440p)
3. High Framerate (1080p)
- HDR is also supported (OG & Pro)
More Pro details here:
New/Updated Gameplay Features:
Introducing Retro Mode, a retro gameplay experience that pays homage to the classic baseball games many of us grew up playing. Retro Mode allows you to move the pitcher across the pitchers rubber and move around the batters box with ease, classic on-screen displays, an old school soundtrack, unique sound effects, a throwback pause menu and more.
Retro Mode is entirely separate to the popular Road To The Show, Diamond Dynasty and Franchise game modes. This new way to play MLB The Show is designed to be a fun, throwback game mode that instigates battles on the couch with friends. It also features custom audio, Ken Griffey Jr. commentary, and an 8-bit throwback pause menu, its just like being back in 1994. Except you never run out of quarters
- With expanded missions, exclusive rewards, and all new live content that responds quickly to real-life baseball events
- Test your deck building skills in all new Events, which challenge you to build a team based on specific event themes.
- Climb the leaderboard over and over again with new season-based Head to Head gameplay.
- Play quick 3-inning games on those days youre short on time.
- Track your Diamond Dynasty journey and unlock exclusive rewards with new Programs road maps that point to the best rewards through player-themed missions.
- Race the clock, beat the stats, travel back in time, and earn rewards in multiple parts of Diamond Dynasty with new expanded Missions.
Road to the Show:
- Take your character on an epic odyssey through the world of a professional MLB player.
- Control your career and write your own Hall of Fame story both on and off the field.
- Interact with coaches, managers, representatives and more as you make off-the-field decisions that can affect your career in unpredictable ways.
- Make your moves and plan your perfect strategy as you take control of an entire MLB franchise.
Choose what tactics to employ and where. Take over Coaching, Player Development, and GM duties. Or easily have your staff auto manage them with the flick of a toggle.
- FRANCHISE LAUNCH PAD: Puts you in control of how much time you spend playing and how you run your team
- Critical Situations prompts you to take the plate in late-inning, critical situations so you have a direct effect on the standings even without playing full games. Youll also get prompted to complete
statistically significant games like hitting for the cycle or no-hitters.
- QUICK MANAGE: puts you in complete control of all managerial decisions during a game, while finishing full games in a short amount of time. Jump back and forth
between gameplay and Quick Manage and only play in what you decide are the most important at-bats
- the updated Player Lock makes it easier than ever to pick a player on your team and play short Road to The Show style games in Franchise Mode
- Former MLB players and current MLB Network on-air talent Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac join the booth in MLB The Show 17
Gameplay Impreovements for 2017:
Diamond Dynasty 101:
Road to the Show 101:
"These Guys" TV ad:
And yeah, they finally did it; now this fella can rest in peace: