• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Pretty fun having a useable version of your childhood favorite player (Barry Larkin). Not much power from the right but he is batting over .300 for me.

Jacoby is a freaking animal at the top of my lineup. So happy I got this card. I raked with him in 16, and 17 is no different. I actually think he hits lefties better this year.

Pretty underwhelming ticket counter update

But I'll be buying those packs...

OMG seager got upgraded. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

I got
81 IV Sutter
86 IV Saberhagen
87 IV Winfield
88 IV Guidry
78 IV Bench
84 Rookie Larkin

30k down the drain!

Sale a 97 now!

It looks like Seager's attributes vs lefties is what went up. 83/76 now, though I don't know what it was before. Still, one of the best cards became more lethal!

Well my investment in Hand paid off, not so much in Kahnle or Andrus though.

Probably have to do the Tigers collection now since Miggy is going to plummet. Thought about buying Seaver yesterday and didn't pull the trigger because I'm an idiot.

Edit: Seager up 18k from what I would have paid yesterday. And they're adding new conquest rewards next week?

Rommel

Wow Bases Loaded packs treated me well today...

in 3 packs I got Tony Perez x2 and Fred McGriff... 3 for 3... time to hit Vegas!

Wow Bases Loaded packs treated me well today...

in 3 packs I got Tony Perez x2 and Fred McGriff... 3 for 3... time to hit Vegas!

the fuck

I'm getting owned by Arrieta right now. hmmmmmm

kershaw vs arrieta, it's tied 0-0 in the bottom 9, he had 2 men on base with one out, he attempted a steal and then retreated....now we're stuck in a freeze off. wooooooooooo

I actually don't care if I lose, I already hit ws. but this guy was a leadoff-happy douche so I'll make him wait this out...
he quit right after I typed that!

Told you guys!!!!! :)

DG_nWj6VwAAFTw6

Probably keep Gagne and try him. Probably sell the others.

I'm for sure going to sell Carew and keep Gagne, but Kiner's hitting looks too good to not at least give it a few whirls. I need some breakout homers anyways to finish that Nelson Cruz program for completionist's sake....

glad i bought seager for a little over 60k a couple days ago

why does that joe morgan in the ticket store look like his head was photoshopped on? the new tanaka kind of looks that way too

Sometimes, teams have a bad signing. It was just never meant to be.

Yadier Molina is one of them.

Serves you right. Put your CAP at catcher, buy him diamond catcher gear, and own the best catcher in the game.

I almost bought my CAP all full diamond gear and he is 99 everything excerpt for Steals. That's in the 80s.

Serves you right. Put your CAP at catcher, buy him diamond catcher gear, and own the best catcher in the game.

I almost bought my CAP all full diamond gear and he is 99 everything excerpt for Steals. That's in the 80s.

Hahaha---I almost did that the other day when my CAP was starting at pitcher and he blew out his arm in the first inning. His durability is 44, but that was the first time he got injured in a game.

Having him back at catcher was nice. I tried to not over think it with Molina....but something about him just never felt quite right to me. I always wondered "How the hell can people be bad with Cal Ripken Jr. and Hardware Cabrera?" well I now know what it's like to be on the other side of that.

If his defense was as good as advertised, I'd keep him around. But there are other catchers out there now and likely in the future, who can do what he does. This game's stealing is OP no matter who is behind the plate. That 99 arm strength is overrated because your chances of picking off or throwing out mostly depends on the lead they get and if you slide step, he won't wipe out any mistakes.

Still going to find a catcher somewhere though. I love having my CAP at starting pitcher too much.

And somehow, I'm like 30 fielding assists away from Brooks Robinson.

Still need 4 wins. Was too careless last night. But I bet people on the other side who win are thinking "hehehe I just denied him a spot in the WS" if they look at my record and rating, but naaaah bitches I got there weeks ago.

lol DAMN. I think my highest was 920s or so.

I've been slacking so hard. Need these wins, not acting like it during games. I'm literally taking half of my at bats off so I can hit a pipe or eat food, lol.

I think I'm going to try swapping Cal and Molina in the order. This will have Molina at 7 and Cal at 8. Maybe Molina isn't getting good pitches to hit since he always has the pitcher after him. I had Cal there yesterday when I put my CAP at catcher and he was the only one doing shit for me.

I think I hit better with him when I'm barely paying attention and don't realize he's at bat......lol

My team turned around once I put Jacoby Ellsbury at 1 and Larkin at 2 in the lineup. Then my CAP at 3 and Dawson at 4. Top 4 guys with great speed. Then the power of Harper, Zobrist, Votto behind them which all have the Bomber perk. I'm stealing more also. Anytime the top 3 guys get on, I'm stealing.

Also, when that speed gets on, the equals pitchers doing the sidestep motion, which equals more fastballs and more mistake pitches.

Working on the Brooks Robinson program and who should I plug in my lineup to get the triple in the 4 hits, 1 home run, 1 triple part of the program?

I would just plug in all the LS Orioles, most of them are really cheap silvers that you can probably buy at a really low price and get 50 stubs back for each of them.

Damn, Korupt, that is some elite shit right there. Well done.

I would just plug in all the LS Orioles, most of them are really cheap silvers that you can probably buy at a really low price and get 50 stubs back for each of them.

Damn, Korupt, that is some elite shit right there. Well done.

Thanks. The run I'm on right now is all thanks to this card.

DHPQy7OU0AAsNED

I'm betting that the reward for whatever this conquest II business is, is Dustin Pedroia. They said it's a former MVP so it's going to be some weak shit like that

I'm betting that the reward for whatever this conquest II business is, is Dustin Pedroia. They said it's a former MVP so it's going to be some weak shit like that

I was thinking about this yesterday and randomly came up with it being Joe Mauer. There aren't already any Mauer flashback cards, are there?

I was thinking about this yesterday and randomly came up with it being Joe Mauer. There aren't already any Mauer flashback cards, are there?

Not yet, he's probably going to get a hardware one, and I don't think it would be in conquest. He was one of the most desirable cards last year, his attributes were just stupid

Going to Giants-Marlins tonight. Have field access during BP n stuffs! Gonna ask Strickland if he greased up 1st base during the rain delay against Harper

:D

Yadi finally sold for 95k. So I get 85.5 for him and I had bought him at 71.

Good riddance bitch.

Turns out it was amazing timing to sell him for that much. Shakes, you called it---Joe Mauer is the conquest missions reward.
Since that was announced, Yadi's price is tanked so much #Blessed

Set 10 = 99 Schmidt and 99 Eckersley. Eck looks like trash, only a sinker/slider/fastball. Schmidt....I compare below.

World Series division pack:
Hardware Legend Tom Seaver (Diamond, 99 OVR SP)
Guaranteed Diamond Live Series player item (90-99 OVR)
Mystery Player (Diamond)
Mystery Player (Gold)
1 guaranteed Gold Live Series player items

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Too bad by the time that season is over, I'll be playing a lot of whatever else

vE4jVXD.png

hmmm. who looks better?

Yadi finally sold for 95k. So I get 85.5 for him and I had bought him at 71.

Good riddance bitch.

Turns out it was amazing timing to sell him for that much. Shakes, you called it---Joe Mauer is the conquest missions reward.
Since that was announced, Yadi's price is tanked so much #Blessed

Set 10 = 99 Schmidt and 99 Eckersley. Eck looks like trash, only a sinker/slider/fastball. Schmidt....I compare below.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Too bad by the time that season is over, I'll be playing a lot of whatever else

vE4jVXD.png

hmmm. who looks better?

Welp. I'm glad I was right and that Mauer will take care of my lack of a catcher.

Yep. Mauer was amazing last year and I anticipate the same this year.

Damn, there are so many good cards now, we're all getting spoiled. One thing they did really well this year is the "I like my team now....ooooo look a new shiny toy!" part of it.

I'm going to give Brooks a few whirls. That Schmidt is faster, but has bad vision and contact vs. Righties. They're both amazing defenders so Brook's advantage isn't that big I think.

Crazy to think this 99 Gagne can be got for 25k. And a few months ago I paid 125k for the BO one. SMH.

If I sell Chris Sale and Kiner and a few duplicate golds, I'll have about 350k to toy with. Nothing that appealing out there though....maybe Bagwell? But I like Miggy at first.

Top Bottom