• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB the Show 21 a top PAID game on Xbox. PS5 store not listing MLB in pre-orders, featured, or what's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A comparison of MLB The Show 21 in both PS5 and Xbox stores on launch day. Despite being free via GP, it seems MLB has more sales activity on Xbox if the stores are tracking latest sales? If MLB ends up selling more on Xbox despite being on GP, this could be huge for the service going forward as 3rd party devs will take notice.

graywolf323

Gold Member
today isn't launch day though, the game launches tomorrow

not sure why it's disappeared on PS5 but it's still on the webstore, this just seems like a total bunk video

edit: it's on the front page of the web store even

also this channel has under <50 subscribers, how did you even stumble across this video OP when it has 3 views? is this your channel & you're self-promoting?

Last edited:
today isn't launch day though, the game launches tomorrow

not sure why it's disappeared on PS5 but it's still on the webstore, this just seems like a total bunk video

edit: it's on the front page of the web store even

also this channel has under <50 subscribers, how did you even stumble across this video OP when it has 3 views? is this your channel & you're self-promoting?

PS5 | Official PlayStation™Store US not showing here or on my PS5 console. It releases tonight at 9pm on west coast

We had this discussion with Outriders on Xbox too, and there were some weird other games on the chart that you’d never expect to be up there - only they were mostly on Game Pass too.

I suspect that this “top paid games” chart is in some way influenced by Gamepass downloads, not just sales.

Last edited:

Spitfire098

Despite being free via GP, it seems MLB has more sales activity on Xbox if the stores are tracking latest sales?

Is this a statement or question? Lol 10/10 analysis. Send cv to McKinsey.
Always Sunny Fx GIF

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Can we get something new outside of MLB, it's getting boooring. And I am double bored, because I am laying in hospital with wu-flu....I need some entertainment.

White-fire

Is this a troll thread? The game has been heavily marketed on the PS5 store for months. The PS5 store takes games off of the preorder tab before the games come out because guess what, the game launches tomorrow. It's pretty much getting the store ready for the release of the game. This thread is stupid.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Is this a troll thread? The game has been heavily marketed on the PS5 store for months. The PS5 store takes games off of the preorder tab before the games come out because guess what, the game launches tomorrow. It's pretty much getting the store ready for the release of the game. This thread is stupid.
It is already in the featured and new section even before the OP made the thread.
In New section there are both version.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Probably because they only want to advertise the “SuPeRiOR” version😎😎

lol im just shit posting for the sake of shit posting, post was not made sincerely

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Makes sense.

Not everyone has GP. And as I said in an old post, there hasnt been a legitimate baseball game in around 10 years (one of those old crappy 2k games). I'm not including $20 RBI Baseball or any weird indie baseball games in the mix (ya, there was a Creators Club baseball game for $5).

So Xbox gamers might be itching for a baseball game.

Zeeed

I hope I don't regret joining this thread...

But I own both consoles and I have been seeing MLB the show on PS5 for the past few weeks. First thing I see when I go into the store. Kept on seeing different editions of the game being advertised in big banners before getting to the list of games to browse.

I just checked now and it is in the PS Store "Must See" section which is basically the first row you see when you go into the store.

I just checked the MS Store (which I never go into because I have gamepass), and MLB the show isn't even the first thing I see, I scroll a page down and I still see no MLB the show, I have to scroll 4 pages down were it is advertised MLB the show is on my gamepass.

So, I go into gamepass to see how MS is advertising MLB the show there... I had to scroll down about 4-5 pages to the "coming soon" section of gamepass to see MLB the show for the first time.

Maybe Sony and MS has logic behind showing the user what they are interested in by their history or activity? Maybe it is different region by region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom