• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 21 announcement trailer. Confirmed PS5 & 4. Xbox One and Series S & X

levyjl1988

Banned
Very interesting. On Xbox website:

Published by​

MLB

Copyright​

©2021 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. ™/© 2021 MLB. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc.

Developed by​

San Diego Studio (Sony Interactive Entertainment America)

FrankWza

will this be as good as MVP Baseball 2005 is my only question.
I still haven't played a good baseball game since the PS2 era
Never. we would have been better off if they had some competition. Looks like they rested once again with gradual “improvement”
The fact that this PAR system is coming because of user feedback is pretty ridiculous. It’s been needed for years.

Zeroing

Banned
If there was a game by Sony that needed to be in every platform it is this one. The studio really deserves to have more people to play it. Interesting, we see Sony opening up to other platforms while MS is doing the opposite.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
If there was a game by Sony that needed to be in every platform it is this one. The studio really deserves to have more people to play it. Interesting, we see Sony opening up to other platforms while MS is doing the opposite.

they probably had no choice if they wanted the exclusive mlb license

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
they probably had no choice if they wanted the exclusive mlb license
they had it for a long long time, unless they renew the contract then yeah might be.
The only one that had the exclusive 3rd party license was 2K and they gave up on it. Sony had an a license for 1st party. Any other company could have purchased a 1st party license like Nintendo or MS (which they also own the High Heat license but vaulted that game, destroying the franchise in a favor to EA back when EA was balking at Live, but let's not get into that), but they choose not to.

The license was up for renewal, so MLB probably offered them up the third party and seeing how their DD mode is taking off like MUT/FUT, they probably both saw a mutual revenue stream going 3rd party with it, instead of losing that out to EA if they ever felt inclined to make a MVPUT third party, Sony jumped.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

this looks last gen as fuck. zero visual next gen upgrades. what a shitty studio.

When EA and Take2 devs who long have a history of ripping off their customers provide more next gen enhancements than a first party studio with six extra months of dev time, you know something is off.

Simply unacceptable.

REDRZA MWS

my favorite baseball game of all time. been playing MLB the show games since 07 and it still hasnt captured that feeling.
Opinions are like........ well you know the rest. Liged MVP 05 myself. But MLBTS year in year out is the best sports sim representing its sport bar none.

Counting days till April 16th. Got the Jackie Robinson edition pre order for both my XBSX and PS5.

FrankWza

The only one that had the exclusive 3rd party license was 2K and they gave up on it. Sony had an a license for 1st party. Any other company could have purchased a 1st party license like Nintendo or MS (which they also own the High Heat license but vaulted that game, destroying the franchise in a favor to EA back when EA was balking at Live, but let's not get into that), but they choose not to.

The license was up for renewal, so MLB probably offered them up the third party and seeing how their DD mode is taking off like MUT/FUT, they probably both saw a mutual revenue stream going 3rd party with it, instead of losing that out to EA if they ever felt inclined to make a MVPUT third party, Sony jumped.
Exactly. Truth is, SD needs a push from EA at this point.

This is first current gen footage. Looks better than the tech test.
this looks last gen as fuck
Above vid is better representation
my favorite baseball game of all time.
It was the perfect feeling baseball game. Legendary

Haven't played a Baseball game since the PS2 but have been playing the closed tech test for this like every day on Xbox Series X. Day 1 purchase for sure.

Alright

Banned
How come the xbox is described as

"Xbox Series S/X and xbox one"

Where's the love for the Xbox One X? Its a beast of a console

Wizz-Art

You can save this post. If The show ends up on gamepass i will eat a sock and show the video. Can you imagine a sony game being on gamepass? The gaming world would have a meltdown.

Hd Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Kagey K

Banned
Well, just read this news lol. I'll get to it and post a video after the weekend. But in seriousness wow, The Show being on gamepass is amazing. Will download day one.
That doesn’t get you out of eating the sock.

I hope you had your fiber.

Maybe don’t say such dumb shit that can backfire on you.

Uh, what? Microsoft owns Minecraft but those games still come to PS and Switch. Ori 2 is on Switch, same with Cuphead, and MS helped fund (I believe) both of them. And they're still letting games like ESO and F'76 persist on PS. Heck, Doom VR is a PS console-exclusive atm.

You invented a false narrative for whatever reason.

Well, just read this news lol. I'll get to it and post a video after the weekend. But in seriousness wow, The Show being on gamepass is amazing. Will download day one.

Onlyfans?

How come the xbox is described as

"Xbox Series S/X and xbox one"

Where's the love for the Xbox One X? Its a beast of a console

No point advertising for a system that's been discontinued.

Last edited:
Top Bottom