• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 21 is coming to Game Pass on day 1 (April 20)

TheShocker

Game unlocked for me right at 11pm Central. Was able to mess around with my settings a play a quick 3-inning exhibition game before having to go to bed. It was weird seeing the game on Xbox, but it was also awesome at the same time.

I love the Show and would have bought it without the GP release, so all that nonsense is irrelevant to me.

Game plays and looks great. I’m excited to get into RTTS and Diamond Dynasty modes tonight.

AJUMP23

The game looks great on the field, but the create a character looks like ps3 level graphics in that area.

Over all I had fun playing one game, I am swinging to early though.

I have no clue about baseball, I never gave a single fuck about baseball...

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

Jaysen

Banned
This is why I never look at metacritic. Also, 2nd to last comment lol

IrUQQ6m.jpg
There used to be a guy on GAF years ago who was caught giving games zero ratings on metacritic. When called on it, he said he did it “to teach metacritic a lesson”, whatever the fuck that means. When people dug deeper, they found he only gave Xbox games zeroes and gave all PlayStation games tens. User scores are completely meaningless and fanboys are forever pathetic.

Having not played the “better” PlayStation only versions I’m pretty sure I won’t be aware of the failings of this “inferior” multiplat version and will enjoy it very much.

Waiting patiently here...
51127625278_410b0bf6db_o.jpg

I just realized I may have just triggered a bunch of folks with all the Game Pass imagery. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
maybe just maybe people were expecting a next-gen MLB game. but Nah its because is on Xbox this ps fanboy called forbes

Uh huh... the game has a range of real improvements over the prior year, even apparently improved pitching, but it's suddenly 20 points worse. We won't dwell on it, but what's happening is blatantly obvious lol.

SLB1904

Banned
Uh huh... the game has a range of real improvements over the prior year, even apparently improved pitching, but it's suddenly 20 points worse. We won't dwell on it, but what's happening is blatantly obvious lol.
if the improve pitching is enough to charge $70 go for it champion

and btw the game is review bad across the board but latch into that one review

Last edited:
if the improve pitching is enough to charge $70 go for it champion

and btw the game is review bad across the board but latch into that one review

I know exactly why it's reviewing worse across the board. You seem to be confused. I only just picked one to make a point. I'm done now. I'll go enjoy The Show for free. :)

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm stoked. I downloaded MLB:The Show from Game Pass just to see the novelty of Sony & PlayStation logos on my Series X, but then I decided to at least check out the game itself.

I ended up getting a 70pt gamer score achievement for a "quality game" only allowing 3 hits in a 9-inning game. Pretty cool - Go Dodgers!

Seems like a really nice game for people that love Baseball. For me, I'm heading back to the Mojave Wasteland for more FO: NV DLC.

Top Bottom