• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLG Pro Circuit 2011 Columbus - June 3-5, 2011 - Reach, Blops, SC2

zlatko

Banned
StopMakingSense said:
Ohio v. Seoul, Korea internet infrastructure.

That's honestly the minor part of it... it's the fact that this is at a venue where their internet is coming from 2 vans outside the building.

They just can't handle the amount of internet they are soaking up in that place. I don't think GSL would handle it that well in Seoul either if it was at a similar venue with this many people using internet there.

zlatko said:
That's honestly the minor part of it... it's the fact that this is at a venue where their internet is coming from 2 vans outside the building.

They just can't handle the amount of internet they are soaking up in that place. I don't think GSL would handle it that well in Seoul either if it was at a similar venue with this many people using internet there.
The vans are for the stream only iirc

calder

It's also a function of the fact that GOM has a fixed studio, so no worries about creating temporary network infrastructure at random convention centres etc. And I'm sure bnet in Korea has a huge server presence in Seoul itself, so that helps too.

Xyphie

Satellite Internet has huge latency, it's for streams only. It's either some internal networking issue at the event or the players getting spammed by people.

Volodja

Oh no, my streams crossed, I now have 2 Red Streams, one with Day9 and DjWheat and one with Tastosis.
Waiting for the molecules in my body to explode at the speed of light any second now.

Top Bottom