• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLG Pro Circuit 2011 Columbus - June 3-5, 2011 - Reach, Blops, SC2

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hope a full replay pack winzip/rar'ed comes out soon. I only seen one on TL atm with pool play and a few loser bracket games.

Deadly

nilbog21 said:
sory guys im kind of a noob.. but why did idra leave against MMA in that one game?
Apparently it's because when MMA did the drop on one of his bases he sent his drones to his extractor but when he checked back afterwards he didn't see them and thought he had lost them all. Plus he didn't know MMA had destroyed his own orbital.

Booshka

Thought he was behind on bases and thought MMA took the Gold, also may have thought all his drones died, when they were just stacked on his gas. Mostly, because he is Idra and overreacts to everything.

twofold

Great games everywhere. MMAs drop harass was incredible to watch.

It was also nice to see a MLG go off without a hitch. Blizzard needs to sort out the issue of spectators lagging players, though.

Now to see what Dreamhack are going to pull out of their hat to one up MLG.. ;D

Cipherr

Aaron said:
Still love the crowd reaction to MMA blowing up his CC. Good test of the booth sound proofing.

Definitely. Its hilarious to hear the howling after every tank splash. The crowd roars in disgust when a blast lands, then gets silent, then roars again at the next tank splash, hilarious. They were waiting for him to realize and cancel the attack order but that bitch went dooooooown, hilarious.

MMA: U realise

MMA: Most of my army

EgIdra: fuck off

MMA: Killed my orbital

MMA: LOL

MMA: just saying

MMA: u werent loss

Lol.

nilbog21

Banned
LOL @ IDRA'S GF!

can someone translate to me what she just said?

"how did you guys meet?"

"Oh my gawd! um, my friends played starcraft and they were fans of greg and tehy wanted me to get into starcraft and i didn't really get into it through dailies or anything else and i did through an interview with artosis, and him."

wat?

edit: she is hot as fuck tho....

Neki

nilbog21 said:
LOL @ IDRA'S GF!

can someone translate to me what she just said?

"how did you guys meet?"

"Oh my gawd! um, my friends played starcraft and they were fans of greg and tehy wanted me to get into starcraft and i didn't really get into it through dailies or anything else and i did through an interview with artosis, and him."

wat?

edit: she is hot as fuck tho....

She's a looker, but god damn, that made no sense.

Neki

Einbroch said:
Good lord. Idra just gained a hundred points for me.

He's only at negative ten million now!

he's gotta start somewhere. the more girls he steals, the more better he'll look in your eyes!

Haunted

Preliminary ranking for Anaheim - exact placement match results are yet to be published, so a few points could be off, and one or two players could switch places - but the Top 20 are clear:

Code:
Rank     Name      Points

1	NaNiwa      1850
2	IdrA 	    1400
3	MMA         1200
4	SLush       1190
5	KiWiKaKi    1110
6	SeleCT      1080
7	LosirA 	    1000
8	Ret          940
9	iNcontroL    910
10	MC           900
11	TLO          760
12	HayprO       710
13	Sjow         650
14	Socke        650
15	mOoNan       610
16	Moon         550*
17	Drewbie      540*
18	Machine      530*
19	Sheth        460
20	HuK          460

*Drewbie and Machine will most likely pass Moon in the final standings.

Top 16 + 4 new Koreans are seeded, included the Top 20 to see who can move up after some no-shows.

edit: after going 1-11 (3-22) over two MLGs, Gretorp finally misses a seeded spot by being 25th - just fyi :p

farnham

Banned
i hope idras new GF can speak some sense into him

loosing against mc is okay. he is just leaps and bounds beyond idra (even if he lost the first two games in the extended series)

but MMA in that one game would have lost if idra wasnt on tilt

farnham

Banned
im watching those interviews and man the translator guy is quite skilled

his korean aint really that great but he manages to memorize looooong answers and more importantly to translate them in a proper way

kudos to that guy

zlatko

Banned
Wallach said:
So I guess IdrA still won this MLG in the end. Hilarious story, holy shit.

Go look at the first page of this thread. I told everyone here Idra would win this MLG one way or another... I was not wrong.

farnham

Banned
Deadly said:
How did Idra win exactly?
well in a bizzaro world where loosing key matches due to a bad mental state is considered a win idras mlg columbus day 3 performance should be considered a bigger achievement then being a golden mouse winner

oh wait he has a girlfriend so that automatically makes him a golden mouse winner

farnham

Banned
Zzoram said:
Select lost every game he played. Not really an achievement beating Select in this condition.
select still is a great player even if he had a bad tournament

beating someone like him is always an achievement

zlatko

Banned
Deadly said:
How did Idra win exactly?

Among providing great games, he provided the most entertainment to the community in some way or another. Whether it was MMA Hadoukening him, MC doing throat cut motions to him, Idra saying "zerg isn't supposed to beat protoss", and then the other funny interviews you can find he definitely provided the most entertainment to me this weekend.

Oh, and let's not forget his early GG... like anyone could.

Zzoram

I wonder what he'll do next MLG.

This is twice in a row now that he's left a game he was likely about to win due to perceiving his opponent to be in better shape than they were. Maybe next time he'll learn his lesson. Or maybe next time people will go in with builds designed to trick Idra hoping to get him to quit early.

farnham

Banned
zlatko said:
Among providing great games, he provided the most entertainment to the community in some way or another. Whether it was MMA Hadoukening him, MC doing throat cut motions to him, Idra saying "zerg isn't supposed to beat protoss", and then the other funny interviews you can find he definitely provided the most entertainment to me this weekend.

his early gg or his underwhelming matches against mc (although he was against someone vastly superior to him) his qqing (losira won against mc didnt he) just makes him look so unprofessional.

Won

zlatko said:

Sounds more like the koreans won.

MC especially delivered a great show. If there is a "winner who didn't win" award, he should get it. :D

Haven't watched all the finals yet, but god MMA's drops are amazing. Can't wait to see more of him in future GSLs

With respect to Idra, I'm starting to get the impression all he cares about is remaining the best foreigner. He clearly went into the games against MMA and MC with a poor, unprofessional attitude that contributed to his losses. But at that point he had already secured the top foreigner spot of the tournament, and I just get the impression that's all he cares about.

He knows he's not dedicated enough to train as hard as Koreans do, and feels his current skills surpass that of other foreigners. At least in his mind - I'm sure Naniwa could destroy him in a tournament, as could Thorazain. I'm not saying Idra would have beaten MC if he tried his best, but it seemed obvious he went in with preconceived notions

Kettch

Haunted said:
edit: after going 1-11 (3-22) over two MLGs, Gretorp finally misses a seeded spot by being 25th - just fyi :p

It's good that Gretorp is finally out, but the MLG system is still a complete joke. Just looking at Incontrol for instance, who went 8-9 at Dallas (for 4th place) and then 5-9 (including a keyboard advantage win over Losira) at Columbus to keep his rank at #9. They really need to trash the whole thing.

Top Bottom