• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

brentech

Nor is he throwing spinning kicks or having to worry about someone shooting on him. I'm not real sure that his gas tank will be the problem. Just like everyone else, it's going to come down to his ability to make contact with Floyd.

pixelation

If the sparring video that came out not long ago is any indication of his current boxing skills, he'd be lucky to get past Malignaggi. He's delussional, he is way to static, no head/waist movement, flat footed, stamina issues... boxing is a different game, power in your knuckles don't guarantee the W (add the extra padding on the boxing gloves to that).

Heel

If the sparring video that came out not long ago is any indication of his current boxing skills, he'd be lucky to get past Malignaggi. He's delussional, he is way to static, no head/waist movement, flat footed, stamina issues... boxing is a different game, power in your knuckles don't guarantee the W (add the extra padding on the boxing gloves to that).

When he steps foot in the ring he's made more money than 99% of boxers. I don't think he gives a shit.

BSsBrolly

Banned

I don't think he cares. It's about the $$$ and that's it.

Banglish

Regardless whether or not he gives a shit just because he's making millions.. that's quite a few assumptions. We have no idea what he's working on other than a 20 second clip of him doing some light sparring. I'm not saying he's going to win but the people acting like he has no chance in hell are assuming they know exactly how he will approach the fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He will approach the boxing match as a talented MMA fighter taking on the most talented boxer of his generation.

pixelation

When he steps foot in the ring he's made more money than 99% of boxers. I don't think he gives a shit.

I don't think he cares. It's about the $$$ and that's it.
I do think that he is in it if for the money first of all.
Regardless whether or not he gives a shit just because he's making millions.. that's quite a few assumptions. We have no idea what he's working on other than a 20 second clip of him doing some light sparring. I'm not saying he's going to win but the people acting like he has no chance in hell are assuming they know exactly how he will approach the fight.

I'm not saying that he has zero chances, just that they are slim and he is talking himself up like he is at the same level as the Mayweathers, Pacquiaos and Alis (boxing wise) when he's clearly not.

Chumley

Banned
I'm not saying that he has zero chances, just that they are slim and he is talking himself up like he is at the same level as the Mayweathers, Pacquiaos and Alis (boxing wise) when he's clearly not.

Uh, of course he's talking himself up like that. He believes he can beat anyone in the world. Wouldn't be where he is if he doubted himself.

Dysun

Bellator 180 PPV - MSG in June: Chael vs Wanderlei

I8kq0uJ.gif

Bellator made some strides lately in creating a compelling TV product, but they are in for a rude awakening if they think people are going to shell out PPV money to see their washed up, possibly rigged fights.

Spladam

Bellator made some strides lately in creating a compelling TV product, but they are in for a rude awakening if they think people are going to shell out PPV money to see their washed up, possibly rigged fights.

But I like that the sport has been legitimized enough that Bellator is hosted at MSG.

Hard to believe that took this long.

Spladam

Poor Mark Hunt, he's definitely got the short end of the stick a couple of times, though the guy will fight anyone you put in front of him.

Top Bottom