• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Jessica Eye is a good fighter, she's legit, but I just honestly feel like Valentina is going to fuck her up. I just think she is better everywhere.

Of course I said that about Woodley vs Usman and couldn't have been more wrong, so who knows.

Edit

Additional thought:

Bullet was an elite 135er and I feel is extremely difficult to beat at 125. I see her reigning for a long time. Eye was pretty good at 135 and has been solid at 125, so, let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Co-main over. Manuwa kicked in the face. Damn.

Shevchenko I think is top in her weight class without any serious challenge. I think she beat Nunes. Eye is not at that level yet.

Last edited:
How does everyone have this scored after 3?

edit

welp, doesn't matter

Good win for Smith, not the most inspiring performance from Gus.

Decent day of fights, nice timing as baseball games are gettin goin

Last edited:
Gus could've tipped him over, but as soon as he went down it was done. Gus imo is not top 3 atm in LHW, there are a few that should be above him. #5 or 6 maybe.

Good win for Smith, still needs cardio work. He always looked tired and not much combo work (too many haymakers).

Volkan v Latifi is a shame we had to miss. Average event altogether.

Missed this at the end to watch Champions League final.

Im not the biggest fan of Gus, but he was a good fighter and an inspiration in his region. I respect his decision and demeanour in delivering it.

Wasn't the only one retiring. Hein called it as well after a long career.

Onto 238.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
Gus almost beat Jones and almost beat DC. In the DC fight especially, had he just avoided in the dirty boxing uppercuts, he would have won. I don’t count the Rumble loss because of the headbutt that came before the tko. I think Gus’s main problem has always been his mentality. Or maybe it was his confidence.

manfestival

Finally got to see the main event of ufc 238 last night. Mad respect to Rivera and Yan. Fight could've really gone to both fighters. Rivera being such an underdog is disrespectful lol.

Valentina just doing valentina things. The most exciting female aside from Nunes.

Moraes vs Cejudo... was just meh to me. I will say that I find it weird that it seems like you have 2 tiny monster guys fighting each other just throwing loaded punches.

Cowboy vs Ferguson - What a fight from both fighters. Ferguson is a monster of a human. Such a relentless fighter and the dude must have some super heavy hands. He throws some weird and even sloppy looking punches but there is no denying the power behind each hit. You can see it in peoples reactions when they connect. Cowboy did some work but he would have benefited from a different gameplan. My personal fight of the night right there. Lots of respect between the two fighters. Even after that after the bell punch. I am not too sure what to think of it in the moment but the guys do respect each other. Both are warriors.

I dislike Dillon Danis. I never talked to the guy but I visited the gym where he trains in New York. The guy is an asshole and a bully, and I am not surprised he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. He "kicked" my training partner in the head ("fell into him") as revenge for bumping into him while sparring. Which happens. lots of people at Marcelos, everyone sort of roll into one another from time to time. I have never seen such douchery in a training environment. Obviously, he is amazing an grappler, but going after students? pfft. I hope this shithead gets wrecked.

Rooting Neiman Gracie instead. Will be interesting to see another Gracie besides Kron trying MMA.

Man, between UFC going to ESPN and Bellator going to DAZN, I have really fallen out of the MMA loop. Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like these were both terrible moves. I could be very wrong, though. I often am.

Francis is a midget.

D890LbLVAAABGzs.jpg

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'm really hopefull for Danis getting his ass knocked out tonight. Not confident that'll happen though. Been a good Bellator card so far.

Carton

Sonnen is a durable old wrestler, but I see him losing consciousness in this fight and perhaps also a tooth.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Sonnen is a durable old wrestler, but I see him losing consciousness in this fight and perhaps also a tooth.
I agree. Love Sonnen, but he just can't do it anymore. I do think this was an early stoppage, but Sonnen wasn't doing anything and the result would have been the same.

Top Bottom