• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I have to say, I really want an Askren/Masvidal rematch. I was really interested in seeing how that one would have played out without the early ko

Very underwhelming card.
Dos Anjos vs Edwards looks way more exciting on paper. A lot of big boi fights.

Leon Edwards is a great prospect imo, if he beats RDA which I think is very possible it'll open up a match v Masvidal which could be a fight night main & lead to a title shot for the winner later in the year.

This Saturday

Check for other card & starting times in your area.

3uFgkFv.jpg

manfestival

Leon Edwards is a great prospect imo, if he beats RDA which I think is very possible it'll open up a match v Masvidal which could be a fight night main & lead to a title shot for the winner later in the year.

This Saturday

Check for other card & starting times in your area.

3uFgkFv.jpg
I find this card to be pretty stacked. Dan hooker has fallen from grace but I enjoyed his fights in the past. Ben vs Andrei is another battle of the oldies. I still hate Greg Hardy and it seems like the UFC is riding him really hard. He is getting higher placement than the fights on this screenshot below? Yeah... ok and the thing is that he is probably placed against another dud. Main and comain are solid fights. I want RDA to win but my common sense says that he is probably the underdog by a good chunk. FYI I want to be wrong about Juan Adams... I really do
Looks like Joe Rogans wish came true. This will be a great fight to watch.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Lol this fight... Roxanne has never looked like she has ben able to fight. Slop, slop, slop.

Anyone watching Contender Series? Any good? Any prospects?

Ornlu

Banned
Not sure how Caceres got that decision; he was backing up the whole fight, and got beaten on the ground 2 rounds.

Pennington hasn't been the same since the Nunes massacre. People applauded her corner for sending her back out for the 5th of a fight that was clearly out of her reach and I don't think she ever fully recovered from the damage she absorbed that night. Some athletes just don't recover from fights like that, some do.

Ornlu

Banned
Pennington hasn't been the same since the Nunes massacre. People applauded her corner for sending her back out for the 5th of a fight that was clearly out of her reach and I don't think she ever fully recovered from the damage she absorbed that night. Some athletes just don't recover from fights like that, some do.
I have a love/hate feeling toward "Wars" where both fighters take tons of damage. Careers are shortened and altered, but damn if it doesn't make for great fights.

Ornlu

Banned
Rothwell's striking defense has been dogshit even back in the IFL days. He wins be tanking damage and eventually forcing a TKO or knocking someone out. I'm not sure why he never evolved, but I've always watched him fight wondering if he is ever going to put it all together, or drop down to scrub tier.

The best thing Frankie has going for him against Max is the timing. Max coming off of a lot of punishment absorbed from Dustin at 155.

Will it be enough? I doubt it, I love Frankie to death but I think Max is a little too much for him at this stage of Frankie's career.

manfestival

not watching the card but I am following on sherdog. While Juan Adams was just another prop up fight for Greg Hardy(sure they learned hard from Sage Northcutt and that one WWE star guy that got wrecked by Mickey Gall), I think they need to finally place him against actual competition. Enough with this fighting for rank 20 while appearing in the main cards of events.

I want to see the Alex Caceres fight and all of the other fights from the main card. Seems like things are pretty good.

manfestival

I figured Edwards/Masvidal is the angle. Capitalize on the backstage tussle, let the Colby/Usman situation get figured out in the meantime.
That is the move for sure. However, Masvidal deserves the title shot. This situation with champs being out totally blows.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Masvidal reckons he’s not gonna fight till he gets his title shot. Dunno, I think he will fight if the money is right

I think it would be a good fight but my money is on Jorge beating Leon.

Would be a great fight but I have Leon ftw. Think he showed great maturity, had a plan & stuck to it, good reach & good hands.

what do you guys think? personally I think cejudo would beat her ass lol

He has more gold already, be pointless.

Last edited:
Schaub and Callen talk about JJ Strib Club Situation.

Schaub basically says "Jon needs to be smarter, due to his track record, but I need more facts, show me the footage."

Schaub got battered on Twitter for making a joke about the employees name (Cinnamon).

Last edited:
Top Bottom