• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Carton

Dominant display of skills by Shevchenko.

As an aside, not a big fan of fighters being stood up in general, but especially so when we’ve endured a very slow pace on the feet. Heaven forbid we should see a couple of minutes on the ground and wait to see how it fleshes out.

Bullet was supreme in this and I don't see anyone in that division as well matching her. I use to prefer just slugfests but a good ground tussle at this high level is great, too bad the crowd didn't appreciate it.

Have any of you seen the ref cam that they have at pfl, its great seeing the refs POV, esp when making decisions. Would like to see it at the ufc, we need to see what herb sees.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I don't think there is a 125er that can beat her, right now. I am sure there will be eventually, but right now I don't see it happening for a long time. At 125, anyway.
Yeah, there just isn't one that can. Valentina is the Black Widow of the 125 division. Your gonna have to BEAT her, not just squeak out a fight. Valentina gave the first two rounds to Carmouche tonight but dominated the last 3.

Overall, other than the very first fight of the card and Oez putting on a clinic, a very modest night from everyone on the card. Overall pretty forgettable. Next week though, we are in for some fireworks.

DC gave a pretty candid interview today, especially concerning his thoughts on the first fight, how he thinks second fight will go, and his thoughts on Stipe sitting out since the last fight

Some interesting comments

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Fuck McGregor. I hope his career is over. He will be Bam Margera level in a few years time

KOMANI

KOMANI
McGregor has two kids now. Going into bars and hitting men 20 years his senior isn’t what he should be doing.

bronk

Banned
fI82C8e.jpg

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
connor is such a fucking disappointment, i tell you this as an irishman

complete fuck up
He just went crazy when he got that Mayweather money. He was always eccentric before, but he always reeled it in when it mattered. Post-Mayweather though, he went full crazy town. He just does not live on the planet earth. It's like the dude can't fathom why someone would not like him or disagree with him and it's pretty frustrating as a fan.

A matchup between two rising middleweight fighters has been added to UFC on ESPN 6.

Fresh off of a victory over Eric Spicely at UFC on ESPN+ 12, Deron Winn (6-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will take on Darren Stewart at 185 pounds.

Two people with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie of the booking. They wished to remain anonymous since the UFC has yet to make an official announcement. The Body Lock was the first to report the bout was in the works.

UFC on ESPN 6 will take place Oct. 18 at TD Garden. The entire card airs on ESPN 2.

A training partner of UFC champions Daniel Cormier and Khabib Nurmagomedov at American Kickboxing Academy, Winn has entered MMA with a strong wrestling background at Lindenwood University.

Despite his history in wrestling, the three-time All American stuck with his striking in his UFC debut against Spicely. A back-and-forth war saw the fighters land 276 significant strikes with no takedowns attempted from either competitor.

Conversely, Stewart got off to a rough start in the UFC as he lost his first three bouts with the promotion. The fourth time proved to be the charm, as he earned a “Performance of the Night” bonus for his efforts against Spicely at UFC Fight Night 130.

Following the bout with Spicely, Stewart knocked out Charles Byrd with an elbow at UFC 228. Stewart’s two-fight winning streak came to an end when he lost to a split decision to Edmen Shahbazyan at the TUF 28 Finale. In his last outing, the 28-year-old Englishman upset Bevon Lewis at UFC 238 in June.

The latest UFC on ESPN 6 lineup includes:

Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Calvin Kattar vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov Maycee Barber vs. Gillian Robertson Brendan Allen vs. Eric Spicely Darren Stewart vs. Deron Winn.

My Zabit news is off. Don't think he'll be upset, but a fight of the night & more Zabit is always good.

I watched the entire Conor interview twice and I am still not sure what to make of it. He appears sincere at moments. He almost comes off as desperate in others.

I was a huge fan of Conor, I thought the Conor Era was the most exciting the UFC has ever been. That magic feels long gone, though.

I don't think he's ever beating Khabib at this point. I think Max gives him a lot of trouble in a rematch. It would be a great story if he found a way to get back on top but I am not holding my breath.

Good for Till to move up, much more natural weight class for him. Now that fight IQ stuff, where to get it....

I like that he’s moving up. That’s a tough welcome to 185. Kelvin is a really tough out. Not saying Till should have been fed a cupcake or anything, just saying it’s a tough fight. Good matchup tho. Fun fight.

Dana is doing more scrums again recently and I dig it. Reminds me of the old days when he used to do a scrum every show and they were all must watch. Dude dropped some golden lines over the year (both good and bad).

Here he is

Talking Conor, PVZ, Rumble Johnson

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I saw footage of khalil rountree training with johnny walker in thailand, which is funny cause johnny walker smashing him in the ring is what made rountree go to thailand to up his game

I saw footage of khalil rountree training with johnny walker in thailand, which is funny cause johnny walker smashing him in the ring is what made rountree go to thailand to up his game
Training sessions are far from the real cage fight, you can see people go hard and be scary but when it come to the cage they crumble under pression, not the same persona & performance.

UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Zhang:
Date:Sat, 31 Aug, Check UFC link for times.
Venue:Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre.

b7sDWq9.jpg

Source, other cards and starting times in your area. It's in China, so Asia friendly times & very late for US.

Will watch before work on sat (so will be sober & grounded). I like Andrade, but Zhang know what she's doing and has reach advantage so will be close. I hope for a good match that gets into the championship rounds with minimal home cooking (it happens everywhere though).

I like these events, a chance to see new fighters & styles. So will watch whole event.

Top Bottom