• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Luke Thomas talks Till/Gastellum

I agree with Luke and echo my earlier sentiment:

Kelvin is a tough out for anyone. He’s a brutal matchup for first fight at 185. It’s a ballsy move by Till. Dana says they offered Till other 185ers but Till “insisted” on Kelvin.

It’s a risk but I kinda like it. Kelvin is obviously a smaller 185er and a win over him could put Till immediately in the Top 5/Top 8

Last edited:

GymWolf

Can someone ask to jarebear why he put me on ignore?
He send me a private message because he was thinking about me having a beef with him for a stupid joke and when i tried to explain myself he probably put me on ignore.

I like to talk mma with the guy and i have absolutely no problem with him...

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
Does UFC on Saturday start at 11am? I think I heard that. I wonder if my local bars will show it at that time

ITS FUCKIN HAPPENING

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GymWolf

And after the under publicised match between costa and romero, ufc continue with his crazy management...

How in the fuck you can make lewis vs ivanov co-main even and not a fucking banger like gastelum vs till?
Who the fuck organise these events? Brendan fucking schaub??

qoPcSxX.jpg

AtJ423Y.jpg

Quite a few decent scraps in there.

I think Gaethje has this one if it ends in the first few rounds. He's an interesting one in lightweight, has similarities with the champ & if he can mix up the wrestling in with his striking he could be champ material.

Ornlu

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa hold up hold up...Todd "The Duffman" fucking Duffee?!?! When the hell did he come back? He hasn't fought in 4 years! I'm hyped.

Main event should be a banger. Hall vs Shoeface is a good fight, good to see Duffee back.

I am leaning Justin over Cowboy

Also, I am very interested to find out what the "big fight news" with Jon Jones is, dose he have the balls to fight Stipe?

manfestival

finally got around to watching Paulo Costa vs Yoel Romero. MY GOODNESS WHAT A MONSTER CLASS. It felt like watching an anime about fighting like Baki the Grappler. Joe put it best though, Yoel is one of the most durable humans on the planet lol.

manfestival

Yeah man, fight was a buh buh banger. Neither guy truly loses, in my eyes, in a fight like that
There are a good amount of fights that live up to the hype and this one lived it and was up there. Definitely one of my personal favorites of the year despite Rich Homie Romero losing.

GymWolf

is it me or this card is kinda of a banger?
the main event obviously
we have glover
we have hall
and we have michel pereira that i' fucking curious to watch after his first fight...

Weigh-in results

UFC Fight Night 158 Main Card:

155 lbs.: Donald Cerrone (155.5) vs. Justin Gaethje (155.5)
205 lbs.: Nikita Krylov (205.5) vs. Glover Teixeira (204.5)
265 lbs.: Todd Duffee (244.5) vs. Jeff Hughes (251)
170 lbs.: Michel Pereira (172*) vs. Tristan Connelly (169.5)
185 lbs.: Antonio Carlos Junior (185.5) vs. Uriah Hall (184)
205 lbs.: Misha Cirkunov (205.5) vs. Jim Crute (205)

UFC Fight Night 158 ‘Prelims’ Card:

265 lbs.: Augusto Sakai (258) vs. Marcin Tybura (257.5)
135 lbs.: Miles Johns (135.5) vs. Cole Smith (135)
135 lbs.: Hunter Azure (135.5) vs. Brad Katona (135)
145 lbs.: Jordan Griffin (145) vs. Chas Skelly (146)
135 lbs.: Ryan MacDonald (135.5) vs. Louis Smolka (135.5)
155 lbs.: Austin Hubbard (156) vs. Kyle Prepolec (155)

*missed weight, fined 20-percent of purse

I haven't found an official reason, only that he is out of the Kattar fight on Oct 18th

I am assuming injury

Edit

Pretty gutted, was looking forward to it. Apparently an injury, hopefully it's a quick turnaround.

Main card time.

Great submission win for Cirkunov, first Peruvian necktie for me. Did he mean it? Or was he rolled into it..

Last edited:
Top Bottom