• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Diego-Crowd.jpg

greatest walkout ever

giphy.gif

mekes

I had it for Felder too.

Hooker was not the man tonight. My estimation of him just went down the pan. He is too precious. Talked a good game but he wilted after Felder refused to back down. The only thing I can’t talk shit about on Hooker is his chin.

i had felder winning too, hoker was kinda of a bitch with that useless grappling.
liddel vs the russian was another good fight.

tukhhugov is a beast too.

I popped out for a smoke and heard that left hook from Tuk. Good card, Angela Hill won as well so nice. Main was good. Could've gone either way.

Aldo vs. Cejudo for 135 belt at UFC 250

He's looking for the money fight & Aldo in Brazil makes sense, with Nunes possibly fighting as co-main. He's underestimating Aldo which could be a mistake. Don't think he'll fight until Autumn after that, hopefully against Petr Yan (Russia?).

251 is in Aus so next Volkanoski fight definitely. Who though? Max deserves a rematch, Zabit or Zombie I'd love to see. Anyone but Ortega.

251 is in Aus so next Volkanoski fight definitely. Who though? Max deserves a rematch, Zabit or Zombie I'd love to see. Anyone but Ortega.

Zabit on a contender fight at 249, just waiting on contracts. Will be a top 5 fighter. Yair & Ortega have already ducked out of fights with him. A fight with Zombie would be an epic test.

I think Max at 251 makes sense in Aus and the winner of above fight in the Autumn for the belt.

Khabib v Tony still OK.

manfestival

greatest walkout ever

giphy.gif
Diego Sanchez is the GOAT. Maybe not in the same manner of Jones, Khabib, or Mighty Mouse but.... this man has his own space forever reserved for him.

Dude literally gets beaten down in wars all the time and the UFC keeps giving us more of him. He was losing that last and the gods of rogan said, NO MORE.

I really hope Aldo beats Triple CCCringe, but it probably won't happen.
Triple cringe ahahahahahah. I am with you, I want Aldo to turn the lights off on Cejudo. I know the UFC did MM dirty but I cannot stand how they are trying to prop this guy up cause he does what Dana wants him to do.

Zabit on a contender fight at 249, just waiting on contracts. Will be a top 5 fighter. Yair & Ortega have already ducked out of fights with him. A fight with Zombie would be an epic test.

I think Max at 251 makes sense in Aus and the winner of above fight in the Autumn for the belt.

Khabib v Tony still OK.

I absolutely love watching Zabit fight. I remember watching him on his UFC debut and being blown away by how technical he is.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned

Just got done watching this gold fight again. Honestly, the performance from both fighters was top notch.

What would you guys say the scariest division is? I think middleweight might be the scariest division. LHW and Welterweight have some classic killers but the guys in MW seem like the scariest of the monsters to me.

MW and WW are always going to have a larger pool to draw from. It's where most of the 'big' guys you see in everyday life would naturally fight at if they were in fighting shape. WW is where average height guys would probably fight at in fighting shape.

LHW and HW seem to always have a few guys who are big enough to be there naturally, and then a shitload of guys who just like to eat, or carry a bit extra around. Not taking anything away from them as athletes; there's just not that many men on Earth who naturally walk around at 230 in fighting shape, and cut down to 205. Doubly so for HW.

manfestival

MW and WW are always going to have a larger pool to draw from. It's where most of the 'big' guys you see in everyday life would naturally fight at if they were in fighting shape. WW is where average height guys would probably fight at in fighting shape.

LHW and HW seem to always have a few guys who are big enough to be there naturally, and then a shitload of guys who just like to eat, or carry a bit extra around. Not taking anything away from them as athletes; there's just not that many men on Earth who naturally walk around at 230 in fighting shape, and cut down to 205. Doubly so for HW.
Bruh, I was only asking which division people thought. I have common sense and deductive reasoning. Those things be obvious guy.

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling that Izzy is gonna win big and I know that sounds crazy but nobody wins big against Yoel (except a headkick KO pre-UFC) but I just have a feeling

Just got done watching this gold fight again. Honestly, the performance from both fighters was top notch.

What would you guys say the scariest division is? I think middleweight might be the scariest division. LHW and Welterweight have some classic killers but the guys in MW seem like the scariest of the monsters to me.

it changes year to year but right now I think the most stacked divisions are male 145 (FW) and 185 (MW)

women’s 115 is decent right now, when a fighter like Joanna is ranked #4 you know the top 5 is pretty loaded

top 5 at 155 and 170 are honorable mentions

just my opinions of course

Last edited:

manfestival

k

then you have your answer
How does an obvious assessment that everyone already knows answer a question asking people on what their thought is on the current scariest class? That is the same as asking what is your favorite sub compact car and going on the same pointless diatribe that sub compact cars aren't as fast as race cars.

Every division has killers, its why we have weight divisions. HW has Ngannou. He's the scariest collectively. Romero is a freak in MW, but is a teddy bear next to Ngannou.

Ornlu

Banned
How does an obvious assessment that everyone already knows answer a question asking people on what their thought is on the current scariest class? That is the same as asking what is your favorite sub compact car and going on the same pointless diatribe that sub compact cars aren't as fast as race cars.

Well, MW and WW will always have the scariest classes, just based on how many guys naturally fall into them. Does that make more sense? I don't understand why that rustled your jimmies. :messenger_open_mouth:

The best standup fight was stopped prematurely, he looked rocked but was doing the romero dance.

Some good scraps, Dumont was.. Yes.

You miss weight, you ain't the champ it's vacant still. If it happens again just move up. Wasn't the only one to miss weight at this event.

Womens Featherweight looks meh.

Khabib v Tony still good.

Top Bottom