• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

manfestival

Shouldn't have let DJ go, we did get Askren though...

DJ is a national treasure. Glad he is doing work in ONE. This tweet is hilarious and true. Henry is just doing the Conor McGregor where he wears 2 titles and defends none.

Crazy that Figueiredo forfeited his right to the title because of his weight. I wonder how frustrated he is with himself today since he has had some time to reflect.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
sle9n18lzak41.jpg

o _O

Amanda Nunes will defend her 145 title against Felicia Spencer at UFC 250

Spencer famously lasted 3 rounds against Cyborg, losing a mostly one sided decision, getting pretty beat up but showing an iron chin and toughness in the process.

she just won her last fight via first round TKO last weekend

Spencer is tough as hell and has solid grappling, I suspect this will be a 25 minute beatdown from Nunes though

Nunes is just too powerful

If I learned one thing in the Zhang, Joanna fight is that Zhang misses a lot of the punches she throws, I noticed it early on and thought she was gonna gas out fast like that but she was able to keep the pressure on the entire fight. Never seen anyone swing for the fences, miss that much and maintain that pressure for 5 rounds. That was insane.

It seems like when she punches she just throws the combos shes been practicing when hitting pads with her coaches. She doesn't deviate away from that at all. That's a big problem, she can't adapt to her opponent in the middle of a fight.

Last edited:

UFC Brasilia will be at an empty stadium and will apparently run 2 hours early. Double check just in case.

Other fight nights moved to UFC Apex Institute. London UFC might have a crowd, but anything can change in a week. They've postponed the football there and this'll probably be cordoned off, hopefully not.

Khabib v Tony still OK... New York has a 500 person limit for events, most likely in empty stadium but might be able to squeeze in a few people. Don't care as long as fight goes through.

GymWolf

so for european people (italy if you feel particularly useful today), what is a good time to stop watching youtube to not spoiling the ufc brasilia fights results considering they are even 2 hours early? i'm the worst with calculating different time zones...

like normally i stop watching youtube at 00:00 or a little later for normal event in american cities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom