• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

F

giphy.gif

Just give us Tony vs Khabib proper later this year

Ornlu

Banned
MMA shouldn't be a sport where you hope for your perfect matchup; if you are concerned that your pet fighter is gonna get fucked up by another fighter in the replacement fight? Then the replacement probably deserves a shot just as much.

:coffee:

TL;DR : GAETHJE FAST AS FUKK BOIIIII!!!

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
yeah although id rather see the khabib fight, I've gotta agree there. if he can't get through gaethje he shouldn't be fighting the champ anyway.

MMA shouldn't be a sport where you hope for your perfect matchup; if you are concerned that your pet fighter is gonna get fucked up by another fighter in the replacement fight? Then the replacement probably deserves a shot just as much.

:coffee:

TL;DR : GAETHJE FAST AS FUKK BOIIIII!!!
He doesn't have to get fucked up, he could break his hand and destroy Gaethje or fuck his leg up throwing a leg kick and then we don't get to see the Khabib fight for another year. Anything can happen in MMA.

The Khabib/Tony fight has been in the making for years and it should happen sooner rather than later, Tony is already 36.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Is there a more uninteresting fighter than kamaru usman? id rather watch literally any other guy in that division

mekes

Is there a more uninteresting fighter than kamaru usman? id rather watch literally any other guy in that division

I agree. Unfortunately for me he is a bit like watching paint dry. No charisma, I get the feeling he would have turned up for school with a briefcase. It’s a shame he came right after Woodley who spent his whole reign complaining.

Concerning Usman: The Colby fight was pretty awesome. A lot of that had to with Colby, but Usman showed a pretty solid striking game in that fight at least. When Usman destroyed Woodley, I mean, Woodley basically gave up in R4, that was just kinda pathetic.

Am really curious to see how Dom looks after so much time off. I know he came back from a long layoff before and dominated but he is getting up there, age wise. Cejudo ain't nothing to fuck with.

Last edited:
Concerning Usman: The Colby fight was pretty awesome. A lot of that had to with Colby, but Usman showed a pretty solid striking game in that fight at least. When Usman destroyed Woodley, I mean, Woodley basically gave up in R4, that was just kinda pathetic.

Am really curious to see how Dom looks after so much time off. I know he came back from a long layoff before and dominated but he is getting up there, age wise. Cejudo ain't nothing to fuck with.
I feel like Cruz is about to pick apart Cejudo. Cejudo had trouble dealing with Marlon's reach before he caught him off guard with those knees and the entire fight changed. Cruz has even longer reach and he knows how to stick and move.

SpiceRacz

I feel like Cruz is about to pick apart Cejudo. Cejudo had trouble dealing with Marlon's reach before he caught him off guard with those knees and the entire fight changed. Cruz has even longer reach and he knows how to stick and move.

He should also have a size advantage. My only concern is whether or not Cruz can keep a good pace for 5 rounds. I assume he's in fighting shape, but who fucking knows. He might come back looking better than ever from the extended layoff.

Top Bottom