• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
hqdefault.jpg
fedor without steroids

Carton

Some pretty smooth BJJ from Chris! Akhmedov is tired, but I was anticipating him bullying a sluggish Weidman this round.

Recent training with Thompson, cornered by Longo, but that looked like lessons from Serra in the 3rd.

Last edited:

Carton

Why did Lewis get into a grappling match? Terrible strategy. Nice sambo from Oleinik, but extremely ambitious to think he can finish a neck crank on him

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
That's possibly the dumbest move made by anyone in the history of sports. Who wants to bet it ends up with her being a 'spokeswoman' for the organisation and not actually fighting

That's possibly the dumbest move made by anyone in the history of sports. Who wants to bet it ends up with her being a 'spokeswoman' for the organisation and not actually fighting
Apparently she's getting multiple millions of dollars. I think she like okay I'll take 3-4 ass kickings but I'm set for life after and can retire before people realize how ass I am.

Ornlu

Banned
Apparently she's getting multiple millions of dollars. I think she like okay I'll take 3-4 ass kickings but I'm set for life after and can retire before people realize how ass I am.

I mean it's also not hard to find some cans to beat up; most women's MMA isn't at a super competitive level. I wouldn't fault her for fighting some soccer moms twice a year and collecting a phat check.

Ornlu

Banned

Chandler potentially making the jump to the UFC. I don't think he cracks the top 5 though. 155 is deep as fuck.

Not a good career move, IMO...and he's probably gonna deflate physically within a year with the difference in drug testing. If I were him I'd stay a big fish in a smaller pond and keep collecting checks, unless he knows he's within 1-2 years of being done anyway. :pie_thinking:

If he wants to be done in a couple years...then sure! Swing for the fences and it's all good.

manfestival

Well the Jones thing is such a rollercoaster of emotion. I was a big fan watching him come up and I let his initial slip ups go since people deserve a second chance. He just kept taking that goodwill for granted from everyone. Then comes the article below about Rumble coming back... it almost feels like Rumble was dodging Jones for forever. Now with DC and Jones out of the picture he might get his desired belt. Still sad we never got to see Rumble Vs Bones. Though I remember seeing Rumble walk by at a UFC event. That is one guy that just has this aura of sheer power just walking around.

manfestival

Geez all of this news.
Well Anderson... you are a treasure but just STOP.
Zombie v Ortega will be fun.
Will be nice to see Lewis lay out Curtis.
Reyes v Blachowicz will be interesting but I would ultimately see Reyes as being the real winner here.

manfestival

Yeah, man. LHW used to be the prime weight division prior to Bones. Heavyweight recycles the same guys and the same fights over and over again. The lower classes is where the fire is at rightnow.
Yeah, funny enough they were airing all of the ultimate fighter seasons on Twitch and I was watching some of it. They showed good ol Bones in his "youth" and even Roy Jones vs Shaub

Top Bottom