• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Ornlu

Banned
I was kinda flip flopping who I was rooting for then I saw his new hair

WhatsApp-Image-2020-08-07-at-20.26.14-1.jpeg

I'm sorry I can't root for someone that looks like that.

Sisqo learnt howta fight!

manfestival

I was kinda flip flopping who I was rooting for then I saw his new hair

WhatsApp-Image-2020-08-07-at-20.26.14-1.jpeg

I'm sorry I can't root for someone that looks like that.
What is this TRAVESTY. I initially thought maybe it was someone else so I looked it up and noooooooo

I always get hyped for Overeem fights for some reason. hes probably never going to get the title :messenger_loudly_crying: seems like a good guy

Despite the above pic, I am still hype for Israel vs Paolo. At least with Reem you know you are going to get entertainment at some point. Since he has that glass jaw, there is always a chance he is going to get knocked into Sunday.

Funny enough, I stumbled upon the link below while looking up more on the Woodley/Covington fight. I guess Colby and Tyron don't have to be so at odds anymore lol. Though the mention of this being a retirement party for Woodley is funny(from another article). Though I admit, I never truly bought into the Woodley hype.

GymWolf

Sorry bro; being hot in women's MMA usually correlates with getting your ass kicked. Sad but true.
i know that unfortunately.

the better the fighter, the more ugly or masculine they look.

Rose was one of the few exception (not my type but she was cute) but then she cut her hairs and now she look like a fucking boy.

manfestival

i know that unfortunately.

the better the fighter, the more ugly or masculine they look.

Rose was one of the few exception (not my type but she was cute) but then she cut her hairs and now she look like a fucking boy.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, agreed on everything. Especially about Rose. Was never my type but cutting that hair ruined what she had going for herself in my eyes

GymWolf

To be honest it feels like the co-main and the main event of tomorrow's event should be switched. The co-main is way more hype and Robbie Lawler is a bigger name than Anthony Smith.
not for me, lawler last fight was underwhelming on his part, colby did the heavy lifting, and magny is generally boring (at least the few fights i saw with him)

rakic is more exciting to me, i don't really give a fuck about smith after his pussy performance against jones tho.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I agree that Rose is beautiful.

One Championship event streamed earlier. I'm enjoying the Muay Thai & Stamp Fairtex is up there amongst top female world athletes, Rodrigues is a tough challenge though.

Rose? namajunas? it was cute with long hair, now it's a boyo (lack of tits and ass really doesn't help)

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Just watched some of the replays. looked like Rakic fukking dominated or maybe Smith is just not good? Kinda boring, but the stand up was nice. Same with the Magny vs Lawler :( Wish there was more stand up in that fight, but I guess that would've been to Lawler's advantage. Wish these fights had more stand up! Lamas fight was nice. Seemed pretty even until that last round. Didn't see any of the other fights.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Just watched some of the replays. looked like Rakic fukking dominated or maybe Smith is just not good? Kinda boring, but the stand up was nice. Same with the Magny vs Lawler :( Wish there was more stand up in that fight, but I guess that would've been to Lawler's advantage. Wish these fights had more stand up! Lamas fight was nice. Seemed pretty even until that last round. Didn't see any of the other fights.

Smith had a huge drop-off after the Gustaffson fight. I think I had also read somewhere recently that, statistically speaking, his striking defense is atrocious. Maybe it's catching up with him now.

manfestival

Hey so I didn't watch the last UFC event. How was it? I looked at the results since I am curious to see who wins and all. I mostly wanted to see Magny vs Lawler. Was that fight as good as it seemed on paper? Magny has made quite the comeback! Also how was Bruce Leeroy? I saw he won. He is coming back to being a gatekeeper?

GymWolf

Hey so I didn't watch the last UFC event. How was it? I looked at the results since I am curious to see who wins and all. I mostly wanted to see Magny vs Lawler. Was that fight as good as it seemed on paper? Magny has made quite the comeback! Also how was Bruce Leeroy? I saw he won. He is coming back to being a gatekeeper?
Leroy had a good won, 3 in a row if i remember well, he looked pretty good.

magny vs lawler was a letdown, lawler is a shadow of himself, it's almost cute.

manfestival

Leroy had a good won, 3 in a row if i remember well, he looked pretty good.

magny vs lawler was a letdown, lawler is a shadow of himself, it's almost cute.
Oh that is brutal to hear about Lawler. I have always loved Lawler. Dude hasn't been the same since RDA. Fortunately he has some of the most exciting matches in history.

GymWolf

Usman is probably helping gaetjie for the takedown defense and wrestling in general, do you think that he can simulate khabib in strenght and technique? before you answer keep in mind that rockhold has difficulty against khabib, a middle to light heavy fighter...

Usman is probably helping gaetjie for the takedown defense and wrestling in general, do you think that he can simulate khabib in strenght and technique? before you answer keep in mind that rockhold has difficulty against khabib, a middle to light heavy fighter...
Usman is a good wrestler, but not on khabibs level. Difficult to get an opponent with similar style who isn't dagestani. Chimaev could be an amazing sparring partner to try and get used to similar pressure. He loves khabib so could be a difficult get. If Gaethje can get a previous sambo championship winner in the camp then maybe add that to grappling defence and you have a chance. They know that though. Khabib spars with DC, so not sure if there are better or more challenging sparring partners especially for a Lightweight.

I know it won't happen, but I would watch Nate fight Nick. That's the only way I want to see a Diaz fight ever again.

This might be when we see Tesseract Tesseract cry. No thanks.

GymWolf

yeah the answer was predictable, but i think that at least in term of raw strenght the nigerian is probaby not inferior to khabib, that guy probably walk around 190-200 lb and he ragdolled everyone, even woodley.

mekes

Who woulda thought the next time Khabib and Tony were both on a card together they wouldn't be fighting each other. This is gonna be a big break for Islam, if he can take out RDA in impressive fashion then he's gonna start getting a lot more attention.

I really hope Tony comes back strong, it would be cool if he made a statement right before that main event.

Top Bottom