• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

man i wish Nate diaz would come back already. And why the hell Chael still brings up Nick like he's returning i dont get. Nick hasn't fought in forever. And hasn't won in like a decade. He would get starched by some no-name kid if he stepped back in the octagon.

Also i know Dillashaw aint dropping down again. But i would luv Dillashaw vs. Figuieredo

GymWolf

man i wish Nate diaz would come back already. And why the hell Chael still brings up Nick like he's returning i dont get. Nick hasn't fought in forever. And hasn't won in like a decade. He would get starched by some no-name kid if he stepped back in the octagon.

Also i know Dillashaw aint dropping down again. But i would luv Dillashaw vs. Figuieredo
I would love to watch fige starching that cheater.

I would love to watch fige starching that cheater.
Fig/Moreno would give him a hard time. Petr Yan would be a great watch, Dill would get destroyed.
interested in the michel pereira fight his last one was pretty funny and he was pretty dominant same with the fight before that one

He's great unless fighting Woodley. He's always in the conversation, just hasn't pushed through.

Nate Diaz is a punchingbag with great stamina. After the shit that happened with Cub Swanson not being able to train at a bjj gym because he was fighting a flat earther Gracie destined for "greatness" lol. The toxicity in BJJ is crazy. Nate is a Gracie acolyte & delusional. He's funny though.

Edit: Not staying up till late AM but will watch in the morning. Pettis's better half better be there.

Last edited:

Was gonna come in for Tybura lol, he did well withstanding Hardys power & finished well. Some fun in that last event, Taila (brazilian) looked good & that "Swedish" lady as well.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
1a5d4fe6-84dd-4bb7-a5zjfq.jpeg

So do we reckon Pettis was pushed out? Dude made $350,000 the other night. Seems like damn good money to try his luck at another organisation
He's banking on his popularity & social clout it seems to get better paydays.

Never understood why PVZ wanted to continue fighting. Stick with Instagram I would've said, but I guess exposure will drive a lot more bare knuckle & fight fans. She knows what she's doing...

I have absolutely no knowledge about any MMA fights or fighters, just wanted to come and say that 2020 was the year I started martial arts - kickboxing specifically. Probably one of the best things I did in a number of years. Feeling incredible.

P.S. Low and middle kick can GTFO.
Welcome to the thread.

Peruse the thread at your leisure, ask and we'll try & answer. Not as knowledgeable as Sherdog, their enthusiasts & practitioners would benefit you more in the practical sense.

Watching mma we can help with, the members here have watched mma from Pride days to now. Some have experienced it, you'll speak to em hopefully. Kickboxing is fun to watch, Adesanya the current Champ is a kickboxer.

Kicks will be messy for you in MMA. They open you up to takedowns if you're kicking but are advantageous in a long fight. Thais can help you up your game. In a kickboxing match I've seen fighters with 250+ wins & 50+ losses at ONE Championship near Champ level. The fights & events are free on YouTube.

Event from a couple days ago. if you're geoblocked, some have used a vpn or TOR to be able watch.

Next is a Beijing event they're "premiering", its archived...

Happy New year all, hopefully we're all on the upturn.

Edit : correcting 2nd event desc.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Masvidal wants money fights with such a goat record... He's an entertaining sucker puncher & fake as fuck. Is he Cuban? Mexican? American? Christian?

He's a pussyo that got called out for fight week in Vegas, sucker punched the challenger, passed up a chance to fight him. Prefers fighting punching bags & bmf is a joke he's not in on.
masvidal waiting for mcgregor to call him out only to get nothing at mcgregor vs cowboy was the biggest cringe ive ever done

bronk

Banned
Masvidal wants money fights with such a goat record... He's an entertaining sucker puncher & fake as fuck. Is he Cuban? Mexican? American? Christian?

He's a pussyo that got called out for fight week in Vegas, sucker punched the challenger, passed up a chance to fight him. Prefers fighting punching bags & bmf is a joke he's not in on.
You explained my feelings for Masvidal perfectly. Add in when he started being a wanna be mcgregor with his outfits and all that. I can't stand the guy. Fake is perfect description. What the hell is he? 😂

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

Jan is gonna put him out. Izzy could barely handle the power of Gastelum, he's gonna get rocked in the lhw div.

All the luck though, mad respect for moving up after pretty much clearing the division. Lhw division kinda feels like a shadow of it's former self. There's just not that many exciting fighters in it like there used to be.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Jan is gonna put him out. Izzy could barely handle the power of Gastelum, he's gonna get rocked in the lhw div.

All the luck though, mad respect for moving up after pretty much clearing the division. Lhw division kinda feels like a shadow of it's former self. There's just not that many exciting fighters in it like there used to be.
Let’s hope Jan doesn’t freak out like Costa did though

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Let’s hope Jan doesn’t freak out like Costa did though
Good point, I would have sworn on my house that Costa was really gonna take it to Izzy and was shocked to see Izzy dismantle him like that. Izzy surprises me, he almost get's knocked out by Gastelum in FOTY, but then easily/boringly sweeps through Romero and Costa. I hate MMA math sometimes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom