• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Leon didn't press charges when he got sucker punched. Are we surprised they called the police?

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

even after they fought I still thought this colby/masvidal beef was fake & played up, but I guess not ??? colby kept making posts of highlights of his fight with masvidal on instagram since the fight, but now they stopped since the incident so maybe the beef is real now

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
even after they fought I still thought this colby/masvidal beef was fake & played up, but I guess not ??? colby kept making posts of highlights of his fight with masvidal on instagram since the fight, but now they stopped since the incident so maybe the beef is real now
Na, it's always been real. Granted 8/10 of all the "beef" you see before a fight is manufactured, but then you'll get genuine shit like Masvidal/Covington or Jones/Cormier or Wanderlei Silva/Sanity.

Last edited:
Na, it's always been real. Granted 8/10 of all the "beef" you see before a fight is manufactured, but then you'll get genuine shit like Masvidal/Covington or Jones/Cormier or Wanderlei Silva/Sanity.
It has a little of the McGregor / Khabib beef flavour. I suspect the broth has Alcohol/Charlie aspects which can escalate a situation which would normally resolve itself.
I could be wrong.

Entertaining event. I enjoyed the grappling events. 1 x 12 minute round & only way to win is a submission otherwise a draw. Kickboxing & mma were pretty good.
The DJ/Rodtang match was very interesting. Its part of a PPV, but its posted on youtube.

manfestival

Glad to see Khazat prevail. He truly proved himself worthy of the hype. Always happy to see someone that actually rises above.

Also my predictions were pretty much on the money despite getting the Chimaev fight wrong. It was a toss up in my eyes and based on the end result... close match.

Only Usman v Edwards announced on that card so far.

Sterling v Dillashaw rumoured for 279. Could be interesting...

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
salt lake city's altitude is 4,226 feet according to wikipedia hope Edwards does some conditioning in the mountains since Usman does some training in Colorado and stands to benefit fighting at a higher altitude

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I think oliveira's going to be getting his ppv points still good luck to both really unsure how the fight is going to go, but my gut is telling me Makhachev is getting the belt hopefully it'll be a war

Top Bottom