• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

iDFgL4WOc8BMR.jpg

I'll allow it

TheChits

Just back from my first training session in 9 months and right now the pain in my left ankle is like a meme. As in: Not sure if muscle soreness, or potentially-fatal blood clot.

Felt good getting back into action though. Hopefully I can resume training on a regular basis soon.

When is it? My girlfriend's away for the weekend so I need entertainme... I mean I like watching MMA at the weekend.

It starts at 7:00 east coast time I believe

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just back from my first training session in 9 months and right now the pain in my left ankle is like a meme. As in: Not sure if muscle soreness, or potentially-fatal blood clot.

Felt good getting back into action though. Hopefully I can resume training on a regular basis soon.

When is it? My girlfriend's away for the weekend so I need entertainme... I mean I like watching MMA at the weekend.

I've been dying to get back into training dude. This has to be the longest stretch i've been through without hitting something. It really fucking blows and I really think it has an effect on your mindset. I used to be calm as a hindu cow after training, but now im a fucking rabid asshole most of the time.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's WMMA law that all beautiful fighters eventually get exposed as the cans they are against superior but not as physically attractive fighters.

Also, I thought it was last night and not today due to the OP calendar. Even went into nerdchat and everything but no one was there. I might watch it today since I'm still somewhat sick and will probably stay home.

I've been dying to get back into training dude. This has to be the longest stretch i've been through without hitting something. It really fucking blows and I really think it has an effect on your mindset. I used to be calm as a hindu cow after training, but now im a fucking rabid asshole most of the time.

Are you saying you want to bang?

bone_and_sinew

Don't worry, you and indy can try to get into this year's K-1 tourney if they don't go out of business.

bone_and_sinew

Oh man, I completely forgot there was playoff football today until like 10 minutes ago. Sorry Invicta but you picked a terrible night for your event. Vikings-Packers is must watch for me.

bone_and_sinew

Alright fine, I'll watch both. This Texans-Bengals game is background noise status anyway.

Come to nerd chat you goons

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

DOMS has totally set in now. I've missed this feeling. But like I said, I hope it's DOMS and nothing else.

It seemed that their Saturdays were a beginner class so I got in at the right time. I pretty much have to build myself up from zero.

Heel

After pay-per-view plans go awry, Invicta FC still searching for answers

Give Knapp credit, though. When she saw that the paid streaming option wasn't working, she instructed USTREAM to take down the pay wall and promised refunds to those who had already paid. She essentially gave up on the pay-per-view option – the one that was supposed to give Invicta the data it needed to prove something to potential TV partners – midway through the event. Instead of holding out hope that USTREAM would get it figured out in time, Knapp decided to give it away for free and abort the whole pay-per-view mission after it had only just begun.

In that regard, Invicta made the best of a bad situation on Saturday night, but now what? Knapp still isn't sure, she said. The next event is targeted for April, and, Knapp said, "if we don't have a [TV] partner by then, we'll be streaming in some capacity, whether we're giving it away or not."

"But if you act in haste and align yourself with a bad situation," she added, "we've all seen what that does."

How does selling a PPV prove anything to TV partners more than a free stream would? You're not going to pay to watch it on TV. In any case, glad they were looking to TV all along. This PPV thing is going to kill their momentum whether it works or not.

Top Bottom