• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

Shun

orphans2-kv.png

WHEN?
October 2, 2016

WHERE?

Broadcasting
MBS/TBS: Sundays @ 15:00 - 15:30

INTERNET?
BANDAI/YOUTUBE/dアニメストア: TBA

OPENING SONG?
RAGE OF DUST - SPYAIR

ENDING?
少年の果て - Granrodeo

since this is season two and you did not watch season one yet please refer to the original thread by yami4ct to catch up

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118034

WHAT WE KNOW?

It is the POST DISASTER ERA in this Gundam universe and it focuses on Tekkadan, a terrorist group of child soldiers who take contracts to undermine the current established world order, an economic alliance consisting of private companies and Ghallarjorn, the peace keeping force of this era.

Mika and Orga found Tekkadan, a private military zaibatsu who contracts military and security work out as a cover for their modus operandi which is to MURDER PEOPLE with hired CHILD SOLDIERS through familial conditioning. One brave soul stood up for human values and was against Tekkadan.

Biscuit Griffon
03.png

Sadly Orga caught wind of his discontent and arranged for his death to prevent a coup by placing him on the front lines to be killed on accident by the late CARTA ISSUE.

Biscuit sadly passed away from his wounds shortly after, on February 28th, International Biscuit day.

Tekkadan currently swindled a young politician known as Kudelia Bernstein and uses her as a figurehead and vehicle to justify their acts of terrorism. Their benefactor is McGillis Fareed, new head of Ghallarjorn, who used Tekkadan as a means to usurp power and take over Ghallarjorn, using Tekkadan as tools to fit his needs.

Because of Tekkadan, the current established order has collapsed and alliances have imposed sanctions on one another, causing a shift in power.

HOW THEY DO THIS?

Through the Gundam frames of the POST DISASTER ERA. These Gundam frames have a unique feature where they are modular and can receive constant upgrades as well as a docking mechanism. Each Gundam Frame has a ANIMAL MOTIF and a secret animal form transformation.

Gundam Barbatos originally had a bull form and motif in season 1

He now has upgraded Barbatos to add in a new animal motif, the Lupus. Barbatos now has a WOLF FORM, to accompany Mika's edgy murderer motif.
01.png

Gundam Gusion was originally motif as a TOAD FORM
11.png

but Tekkadan murdered the original company that owned them and remade Gusion into it's own image and gave it a...

HORSE FORM
Cq1vPT0WEAAEFcj.png
02.png

The currently missing in action Gaelio Bauduin's Gundam Kimaris is a unique Gundam as it was the few Gundam frames left with Ghallarjorn and is fitted with two unique forms, both a human form and a KENTAUROS FORM.

18be58ff.png
28b.png

The Gundam frames also have a special mechanism called GATTAI, where they are able to combine and dock into each other into a Super Gundam mode.

HOW COME ONLY TEKKADAN?

Because of their terrorist actions, the world knows Tekkadan now for their violence and their use of animal frames.

As a result, the rest of the world developed new mobile suit technology with more mechanized and humanoid motifs to combat these animal frames and differentiate from Tekkadan.

Many more mobile suits have more motifs, check out season one to learn more...

BUT WHY?
Well Tekkadan isn't really the protagonist of the series and the true protagonist, Gaelio Bauduin, is currently missing in action after being betrayed and left for dead by grade school loving McGillis, so Tekkadan, act as the main focus until Gaelio comes back.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS
MIKA
01.png

ORGA
02.png

MERRYBIT
18.png

KUDELIA
23.png

MCGILLIS + HIS WIFE
25.png
40.png

GAELIO
15.png

WHAT WILL SECOND SEASON 2 COVER?

Tekkadan came back to Mars to bathe in the money they make from their job. They plan out a new heist. Kudelia founded a startup company called the Admoss Company, named after her late friend Fumitan, once again hires Tekkadan to investigate into what is going with her shipments, anticipating conflict with new enemies. Gaelio is still missing in action.

Now you are refreshed on Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and is ready for SEASON 2.

For more information please refer to the previous thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118034

and visit the main website
http://g-tekketsu.com/2nd/

Thoraxes

Hopefully they make this half actually good.

I'll be watching it for the 2D mecha at any rate, but i'm not really expecting much else at all.

Apharmd

When the final episode of this season airs, know that I have predicted that Shun's OT would be more entertaining and would have less bullshit than the final battle.

duckroll

Is there any chance we'll see a Dolphin Form Gundam? I'm new to this franchise and don't watch cartoons much, but I really like animals.

Moaradin

Last season went in an... interesting direction at the end. I'm excited for this season just to see where the hell it goes lol

Rymuth

Wow, so soon.

Good OP, but I'd also liked to have seen you explain that how Orga is actually just a puppet and that Mika is really the one in control. :p

Is Gaelio seriously not confirmed dead after season 1 ending? I can only think that McGillis purposefully let him live and only capture him then. Probably locking him up in a dungeon and forced to watch video of McGillis wedding or something.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gaelio is going to be the masked man of the season. Mark my words!

Also, Mika will cap more fools.

pls don't be like 00 season 2

>.<

casiopao

Kudelia Milf factor is soo high lol.0_0

And choco Char is the best char lol. He actually fulfill his loli dream.^~^

Arex

I dropped this after 10 or so episodes in, but reading the wiki this mcgillis guy is a one backstabbing manipulative pedo bastard huh? lol

duckroll

So does anyone know what episode the Dolphin Gundam will appear in? It looks so cute! Thanks for keeping us all updated on the latest developments Shun!

Sonicbug

Excellent OP.

The more off the rails a Gundam gets, the better.

I want Gaelio back so bad...
(he got done dirty.)
I can't wait for this space soap opera to start back up.

Shun

So does anyone know what episode the Dolphin Gundam will appear in? It looks so cute! Thanks for keeping us all updated on the latest developments Shun!
I can only say so much before Bandai and Sunrise come for me.

6ln4u9L.jpg

Also Orca and Shark custom mobile suits.

110123w-1ed17.jpg

110123a.jpg

110123p-02b1d.jpg

I didn't even know about this, holy shit. Season one was great, definitely plan to watch this. It's not going to be on CR this time though? :/

Top Bottom