• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam MS Front 0079 (Wii) scan

Nice, much better scans than in the other thread.

I'm really happy to see some Blue Destiny in there with the dual wielding Efreet. I hope they throw in some White Dingo action, too.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Woah, umm..someone translate what it says about that sword combat. This may be the next best thing to lightsaber duels. Gundam plasma sword duels with decent wiimote control would make this an instant purchase. Graphics look pretty good too.

Edit: nevermind that shooting looked like sh*t which gives me no hope for sword combat. AI was non existant as well.

Wow this looks really good. Of course these are small scans but the models look good and the lighting looks good and the shadowing looks good. The only thing that seems kind of lackluster is the environments. Flat plains and walls? I hope they bump that up a little. When is the release date?

it will sell milliones'

mutsu

Looks interesting... I guess my only concern would be the pace of the game.

If it turns out to be good, I will definitely be getting this.

farnham

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Woah, umm..someone translate what it says about that sword combat. This may be the next best thing to lightsaber duels. Gundam plasma sword duels with decent wiimote control would make this an instant purchase. Graphics look pretty good too.
beam saber

not light saber.. and not plasma sword

Beam Saber

farnham

Banned
ive got

90130a.jpg

and the game was pretty lackluster

... but many japanese people claimed that Gundam GC was the best Gundam game last gen

so i dont have much hope for gundam games in general

S. L.

nice, with 8th MS team characters and MSs
but i doubt it can hold up to the awesomeness of gundam musou

farnham said:
ive got

90130a.jpg

and the game was pretty lackluster

... but many japanese people claimed that Gundam GC was the best Gundam game last gen

so i dont have much hope for gundam games in general
It was the best one, period. How far did you get into the game, btw?

Granted it does start off rather sluggish, it worked well with the leveling system you had with the pilot. Plus the space battles are probably the best represented in any mecha game where you actually felt like you were in space with the movement and physics. And reliving the last battle of the 08th MS team was great.

If the same team for that game is working on 0079 Wii, then I'm good to go.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shaheed79 said:
I don't care if they're called glow sticks. I just want a light sword game done right on Wii.

For that, I'm still waiting for my Jedi Knight game. Now that's one franchise that would be ideal for the system. Yet it's still not announced dagnabit

2 questions:

- Am i allowed to find this game looking great? :-/
- If i´d want to start watching the Gundam-anime...what´s the beginning?

MasterMFauli said:
2 questions:

1) If you own a Wii, then yes =P
2) First Gundam a.k.a. Mobile Suit Gundam

MasterMFauli said:
2 questions:

Go straight into Wing. Anything else is just your typical anime trash.

Kafel

Banned
I don't know at all the Gundam Universe but I'd be tempted to try this game if it was in shops here ( not going to happen : ( )

It's the only Gundam with the least annoying characters to me. They should take out Relena, make Duo the main character and it's almost perfect.

Looks OK I guess. Video is unimpressive. The models look pretty good from what you can see but the lack of dynamic lighting and the overall blandness of the enviroment makes this pretty meh as a whole package.

150.000 LTD is my guess.

Darunia said:
For that, I'm still waiting for my Jedi Knight game. Now that's one franchise that would be ideal for the system. Yet it's still not announced dagnabit
Yep, what better way to continue the Jedi Knight series than on Wii. Imagine the possibilities. Nunchuck for movement, Wiimote for aiming. Gestures for using the force (thrust Wiimote forward for force thrust). When whipping out the Lightsabre the camera locks on and you can have 1o1 control WiiSports Baseball style.

Make it happen!

S. L.

donkey show said:
seriously
if you are serious about gundam only watch the uc timeline (wit some smaller exceptions)

wing, seed, etc are pretty forgettable stuff geared towards younger folks

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
UC timeline or Turn A Gundam.

G Gundam if you like your super robots.

Wing is pretty mediocre.

Kyouji said:
UC timeline or Turn A Gundam.

G Gundam if you like your super robots.

Wing is pretty mediocre.
There's no need to spoiler that well-known fact.

You should also check out Gundam X, which is actually a well made series. Too bad it got slighted with the shorter season because I thought the story was better than most UC stories (yes, even better than Zeta IMO).

I am wondering about one thing on the scan though that mentions color change. It looks like it went into third person mode with the shiny gold Zaku. It's pretty hot like Hyaku Shiki hot.

X26

Banned
Looks...good!?

As for gundam series, UC timeline is great as well as..

TURN-A TURN TURN-A TURN TURN-AAAAAAAAAAAAA, G-Gundam, and Gundam X

Wing, Seed, and Seed Destiny are watchable, but overall pretty shitty

I met the director of G Gundam once, Imagawa.

The guy's ****ing nuts.

He said most of G Gundam was built around trying to mess with Bandai's action-figure division when all he wanted to do was make a geopolitical drama. So all the insane-ass gundam designs were just things he figured they couldn't make in to action figures, like poseable fingers or offensive stereotypes. Then it became crazy popular for some reason.

He also mentioned that he didn't think Japan should have lost WWII and he puts messages like that in to his works. o_O

ShockingAlberto said:
I met the director of G Gundam once, Imagawa.

The guy's ****ing nuts.

He said most of G Gundam was built around trying to mess with Bandai's action-figure division when all he wanted to do was make a geopolitical drama. So all the insane-ass gundam designs were just things he figured they couldn't make in to action figures, like poseable fingers or offensive stereotypes. Then it became crazy popular for some reason.

He also mentioned that he didn't think Japan should have lost WWII and he puts messages like that in to his works. o_O
That's why Neo-Japan is all badass in G Gundam and ends up ruling the world. Makes total sense. :lol

But I remember reading about him messing with the action figure division on the G Gundam dvd extras. You know, for a Gundam super robot show, he did a good job with the story. One of my faves in the Gundam universe. What else has he done that I should watch?

donkey show said:
That's why Neo-Japan is all badass in G Gundam and ends up ruling the world. Makes total sense. :lol

But I remember reading about him messing with the action figure division on the G Gundam dvd extras. You know, for a Gundam super robot show, he did a good job with the story. One of my faves in the Gundam universe. What else has he done that I should watch?
He did the Giant Robo OVAs, which took about ten years to make. They're 60s-style "kid with a watch summons a robot" style episodes, but I watched them when I was younger and loved them. My name on this board is the name of one of the characters in Giant Robo, actually.

But, uh, yeah. Wii Gundam. Looks good, but the perspective reminds me too much of that awful looking Wii Musou game.

wii_Sengoku-Musou-Wave.jpg

ShockingAlberto said:
He did the Giant Robo OVAs, which took about ten years to make. They're 60s-style "kid with a watch summons a robot" style episodes, but I watched them when I was younger and loved them. My name on this board is the name of one of the characters in Giant Robo, actually.

But, uh, yeah. Wii Gundam. Looks good, but the perspective reminds me too much of that awful looking Wii Musou game.

Oh shit it is. I haven't seen Giant Robo in years, but it was an awesome anime. Need to rewatch it again.

And I wish they did the view like in Gundam Side Story with the cockpit view instead of the current one they're using now. Looking at Musou Wave makes me sad in pants.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
chibcicylist said:
Go straight into Wing. Anything else is just your typical anime trash.

Wow. Most everything you say on these boards are wrong, but this brings it to a whole new level. This explains everything actually. Wow.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
SIC! canyons still look like crap, but i really want this now. hopefully the AI will be decent in the final build and those videos were just to give a better idea of whats going on. i really would like to see multiplayer as well, does anyone know if the scans mention it?

Aeris130

Sorry for being slow, but has this been confirmed as on/off-rails yet? Looks like a mecha-FPS judging from the video.

M3d10n

Aeris130 said:
Sorry for being slow, but has this been confirmed as on/off-rails yet? Looks like a mecha-FPS judging from the video.

Did you actually watch the videos? There's no way that's on-rails. Lots of strafing, like in all other 1st person Gundam games.

Top Bottom