• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

WarAdept

Yeah I managed to get a feel for the fight and could do 3* with no deaths with an organized group.

4* however, the damage output was too much for 2 Supports / Tank / DPS.

I feel like you need 2 sources of Wall per healer (assuming no supremes), because the amount of damage the DPS takes compared to everyone else to get a no death run.

4★ is probably doable without a supreme using the double Defender example I mentioned; that's how I ran my hosted match. Unfortunately, we ate it at the bombs because nobody had the right orbs/actions to take care of them (even though I felt we were equipped to do so). But before and after that, everything was fairly smooth.

It's actually not TOO bad, but you need VERY specific setups to get it done.

First of all, a Paladin is probably a must; light drive is essential. Unguard and Debarrier are essential. Paladin can cover both IF he's got Satellite Beam (although that gets in the way of light drive, slightly).

Healer should focus 100% on healing (and haste/quicken), let the attacker bring Faith; two sources of Esuna would be ideal. Lunafreya can help with earth and wind blasts if you are running Paladin only.

Attacker needs to be dark and juiced (or something else and REALLY juiced). Occultist is best, a properly tuned Solider can do it, Berserker is iffy, but possible. A slow and steady approach will not work as after about ten minutes insta-death Ultima happens.

Last slot can be anything but a Breaker (;_;). A seconder Defender that can drive earth and wind will shield you from all attacks. That on top of additional debuffs means this setup is pretty solid if you lack a supreme card (and the attacker can do the job before insta-death Ultima starts).

The bombs can be a problem. You can survive one (barely), but two is a full failure, even on 3★. Defenders should debuff what they can first (Unguard/Debarrier). Focus on A as the attacker likely has dark attacks. If anybody has an ultimate ready and the yellow gauge can be dealt with, try to break B, that's will kill it.

Light drive before the final attacks to help with Ultima.
Quoting for new page.

Celegus

Wow you went in on this HARD!!! Do you use elixirs for double mats or was that mostly just singles? I'll probably do a bunch next Sunday (mobius day for double elixirs)

I used stamina when I could, no elixirs, two level up refreshes.

Yeah, I just played a lot. This weekend is the start of my first full week off of work to myself since early 2016, so I am adamant on being a vegetable.

Celegus

Nice, sounds like a plan to me! Wife had surgery on Friday so it's been a lot of hospitals and taking care of her for me lately, but she's doing well so I'm a happy panda!

Celegus

Did 2 GAS summons to see if I had any birthday luck... was really hoping for Odin but got Bahamut XIV (fire mage) Lightforce 4* and Mythic Knight, so not too bad all things considered. RIP Odin. Maybe someday we'll get a decent fire mage!

Happy birthday, and send your wife my well wishes as well.

I dunno, these event cards don't seem quite worth it with pending anniversary shenanigans. I also don't play attacker in multiplayer so part of the draw isn't there for me (the standard -force cards still seem quite good).

White Mage is apparently a crazy fire mage, so much that he can legit be used as an attacker in multiplayer without the actual attacker bonus. Mythic Sage has fire bonus as well.

Celegus

Maybe I'll happen into Mythic Sage, forgot about him (even though I just got M Knight lol). Kind of a bummer to have this without Ignis, maybe I'll work on the mage AoE fire sicarius when that hits. I still have a pretty good stash for anniversary but really wanted that Odin. I did augment Darkforce recently and very happy to save the growstars on Lightforce at least! Highwind gonna be so good if/when I get him!

We crossed the 50,000 new and returning player mark already.

That means everyone will get a FREE Greater Ability Summon at the end of the month that provides one new (assuming non-dupe?) 5★ card fully maxed, one new job, 88 Ability Tickets and a Growstar (plus four more cards under normal gacha rules).

Celegus

Wow that was really fast. Wasn't sure how feasible the 50k mark was going to be but apparently pretty easy. Those are some pretty sweet prizes, especially the new job - anything to get those dang monk jobs out of the way of my Highwind!

I'm sure free Mobius Box for new and returning players was a draw, plus cross-promotion with XIV.

Square-Enix has "special announcement" for Mobius during tomorrow's E3 stream.

I also just completed Chapter V, yay, now to max level cards again (rargh).

I have a bit of trouble with deckbuilding in this game.

I'm not huge on multiplayer, so spare me the intricacies of that for now, just looking for strategies for building powerful single player decks.

I heavily prefer mage jobs at this time, and I think I have everything unlocked up till and including occultist. Scholar, Devout, Occultist are all 8*

I'm only missing one job on the pulls, I've been playing since launch with a small break here and there.

Here's my current 5* lineup:

Mage 5*:

Fire
Firaga
Blizzara
Blizzaga Impulse
Aero
Fatal Aeroga
Stonega
Flash Grenade
Teraspear

Support:

Debarrier
Weaken
Cure
Barrier
Faith
Haste
Boost
Teraheal
Echoing Regen

Notable 3-4* and other cards that might be worth investing time in:

All 4 Moogle-Debuffgas
Debarrier
Debrave
Unguard
Slow

All 6 Pupu's

Grenade Bomb
Tear Gas Grenade
Ray of Hope
Manafont
Aura
Supercharger
Service

L'Cie Brand
Blaze Rush
Sparkstream

Debrave
Unguard
Curse
Slow

Elemental Shifts and Forces

Thoughts?

Have you done any multiplayer? Cause my immediate suggestion is to tell you to jump in and get six Shiva Kisses before Shiva leaves tomorrow night so you can buy a 5★ Blue Jewel and get that L'Cie Brand to 5★.

Very little, what's the best fire mage job?
Oddly enough, White Mage (not counting legend jobs); he can legit be an attacker against Shiva without the actual attacker bonus.

I would take a Water Pupu with you if you decide to do that though, the 25% water resist will help with his low HP.

Looks like it's going to mostly be about the Final Fantasy XII event, coming out in July.

Okay, so that was pretty much nothing (on the Mobius side, at least).

Oddly enough, White Mage (not counting legend jobs); he can legit be an attacker against Shiva without the actual attacker bonus.

I would take a Water Pupu with you if you decide to do that though, the 25% water resist will help with his low HP.

Where do the kisses come from? What tier?

I have a bit of trouble with deckbuilding in this game.

Thoughts?

For single player story content you can just use a template of

A damaging card that is the job's favored element
This can be any card as long as it does damage and the job has an element bonus​
An AoE card that also applies an ailment (eg. Break Defense Down/Crit Defense Down)
You generally want a card that can quickly take down large waves of smaller enemies and the debuff is a nice bonus​
A support ability that helps the job
Faith, Barrier, etc. but it can also be a debuff your choice. Use your discretion​
A Haste-provider
Hermes or Cindy​

Then rinse and repeat for another job that has a different element selection and favored element.

For chaos vortex and ranking events, you'll need to make a plan for your setup. Usually this would mean making each job have a specific reason for use. So for an example, you can start the battle with Scholar to set up buffs and bring down the break gauge. Then once ready, use the Ultimate to break the enemy, and then swap to Occultist to nuke. Finally, swap back when you can and rinse and repeat. This is an easy and effective set up since Scholar is tanky and has a decent break, while also having a great Ultimate that breaks the enemy easily and applies Weaken. Occultist is a great wingman since he has a bonus to multiple elements and can work in multiple situations thanks to the prismatic shift from the Scholar's Ultimate.

Celegus

Looks like it's going to mostly be about the Final Fantasy XII event, coming out in July.

Yeah that was a whole lot of nothing. I was hoping it would be some Möbius x Exvius thing, not details everyone already knew about the FF XII stuff for each.

Yeah that was a whole lot of nothing. I was hoping it would be some Möbius x Exvius thing, not details everyone already knew about the FF XII stuff for each.
I guess to be fair, the average player/viewer probably isn't studying the Japanese schedule and such.

Still, to have a "Special Announcement" stream, they could've brought an actual surprise.

It also seemed a missed opportunity to announce some new tiers for the Welcome Back campaign since the current ones were already smashed.

Soo lttp but,long story short, is this worth playing ?
It's free and on mobile and PC, give it a try and judge for yourself; the few of us still here can guide you through your initial few days.

I love it, obviously, but it is a mobile game with a lottery ("gacha") system and other such trappings, so if you don't like that stuff I don't know if this will sway you.

HeelPower

It's free and on mobile and PC, give it a try and judge for yourself; the few of us still here can guide you through your initial few days.

I love it, obviously, but it is a mobile game with a lottery ("gacha") system and other such trappings, so if you don't like that stuff I don't know if this will sway you.

I thought this was a single player game with microtransactions and the option to buy a full version.

Lol

Ken

it was pretty much nothing on the exvius side as well

hooray for SE streams

--

i only dabbled in mobius for like 5 minutes but is gabranth going to be some 1% gacha pull?

i only dabbled in mobius for like 5 minutes but is gabranth going to be some 1% gacha pull?
I believe the current rate on the Greater Ability Summon banner to get a legend job is about 10%; however there will be six legend jobs in the pool when Judgemaster is added.

Celegus

Yeah the rate isn't horrible for legend jobs (10% sounds about right to me though I've gotten two in probably only 10 summons). Though you do have to be careful with your tickets/magicite as to when to summon, since you don't get a whole lot (maybe in August though) and event cards are far superior to the regular ability cards, so it's preferable to pull only during an event and hope for A) a good standard job, B) a 4* regular card, C) legend job, or D) legend job, to maximize your chances.

Ken

what would be my best course if i wanted to just play for the shallow reason of being gabranth

i also don't super understand why there seems to be two currencies for pulls but i'll read that later

Celegus

I guess reroll until you get him whenever it's released next month? Magicite is the premium currency (basically lapis in FFBE) - summon tickets you get in-game and are equivalent to 500 magicite that you can only use for card summons. The greater summon costs 3000 magicite or 6 tickets (or a combination of the two) so it's pretty expensive. You can upgrade slots, boost weapons, buy growstars, etc with magicite too but I just use all mine for summons.

The main way of obtaining magicite currently is the distiller which provides 4500 magicite per month (though you can also get 100 per day doing specific multiplayer games) but this system will be changing in August where you can apparently farm much more magicite just from doing battles and such. Which is the reason the summon system is going more towards gacha instead of guaranteed successes. The legend jobs aren't really even much more powerful than the standard jobs (yet), it's more just the nostalgia and awesome cosmetic touches.

There is a "welcome back campaign" with a pretty sweet free summon starting at the end of the month, but that will probably be over before the FFXII event starts.

Ragraghreh, there's a Break Power +5% Fractal tower award again, except it's Top 1000, so it MIGHT (???) be within my range.

The only setback could be my lack of a monk job (or monk cards).

I got up to 17 with trainee monk and without using any monk cards. Even though it's not listed anywhere in game, the different jobs still do have their respective lores. Pugilist has Mage Lore and Grappler has Ranger Lore. Given you've two palettes of elements for each, it should be doable.

Edit: Here's some inspiration

7912D8D808B3723EF8DF960EAA17A76DD2DF1EE7

Yeah, it felt weird dropping crystals on an onion job, but since I have like four hundred and tomorrow is Mobius Sunday, I guess it's not too bad.

I'm creeping towards the top thousand right now, but just ran out of stamina. I'll have to gauge over the next few days if it'll be worth it to keep fighting for a spot; Break 5% is my jam tho, but they can be got with maybe twenty to thirty green fractals (and again, tomorrow is Mobius Sunday).

WarAdept

Ugh I really don't want to use seeds/crystals on Apprentice Monk, but a 1* Monk isn't getting me to Level 10 in Inferno Arena.

Definitely not pulling for a Monk job that's for sure. All tickets must go towards Zidane/if Aerith Supreme comes back.

The timing of it stinks too, haha. The ranking period ends on the 23rd, and then everyone gets a free new job on the 26th, which will be a monk for most of us (early players).

Same.

This might be the last time I do it to such an extreme level, I didn't need the crystals (up to 446 now) so I was mostly going for weapon boosting and fractals and I didn't even get ONE Break Power +5% yesterday, so nuts to that. On the plus side, if I am doing my dirty math correctly, I'm just under three weeks away from having a Butterfly Edge with 200 Break.

Celegus

It finally happened... my first weapon with all 4 skill unlocks! Buster Sword you beautiful slab of metal! Truescale mod #27 is currently baking, maybe it's my lucky day and I'll get prismatic starter on that too!

Inferno Arena gets downright terrifying at level 20. Difficulty spike is super harsh, but at least we don't have to waste a ton of time auto-ing through 50 floors of easy stuff - this one ain't messing around!

I stopped thinking about potential weapon mods for weapons with over a hundred mods to them, you're just asking for heartburn there. I did get lucky with my Butterfly Edge though, its first "rare" mod was the Speed ★; fairly early on too. Meanwhile my Ozryel seems to be toying with the idea of saving Ultimate Booster for its final mod (only nine to go).

Speaking on Inferno Arena, someone on Reddit just posted news from the Taiwan version where the rewards have been cut to about a third of their original values. Sucks for anybody that fought through it, but without that sweet Break Fractal, I can unlock the last two chests and ignore the ranking.

On the other hand, the treasure portion of the map has early farming spots for area Critical Down cards, so it might be a good idea to max up the cards you have and bank some fodder the ones you don't since the next Exploration Zone is four or five months away.

Celegus

I mainly play warriors with a side of mages, and truescale is one of the better mage weapons even without prismatic. I'll ditch it if something drastically better comes along but so far I haven't seen much of a reason to. Mythic Knight weapon seems meh compared to Buster Sword since it's more focused on break damage and UB doesn't care too much about break, so I don't really have anything else to boost.

Just gonna try to stay in top 1000 this time around since my monk and rangers suck.

I just meant that it's futile to hope for a specific mod to pop for some of those weapons (like Butterfly Edge or Truescale Staff), since there is only about a 1% chance of getting it.

Yeah, I barely squeaked out the minimum 64 kills to unlock all the treasure chests (the last chest was just Ability Tickets, but still.. THE PRINCIPAL).

I was going to see if I could go one or two more somewhere, but there's no reason.

Also, the free summon on Monday has been upgraded again (no details yet) due to 200,000 new/returning players and we'll be getting three free Summon Tickets.

Got 972 and I don't think I've could've done better; 10 more kills to get to top 500 lol. I actually really like the idea of the tower, but I think the execution wasn't great. I think the best thing about it was the increased ramp up between each kill, so we don't end up with whales going beyond 1000 kills.

Celegus

Eww my free summon was Monk job, 5* warrior cone and 4 celestriads. Basically the worst possible outcome, at least that's one useless job out of the pool.

Got Earth Fist for the 5*, which is useless since I already have been working on Hashmal (also he's stronger at level 8...) and the Job I got was Devout which is meh. What a bad pull :(

Top Bottom