• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod.io, a cross-platform mod service & api by the moddb folks

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I didn't know this existed but it does and the awesome DUSK just got support for it too. It basically seems to be indie cross platform workshop (so you can have workshop style mods in your gog-bought DUSK!). It looks neat though I've not used it yet, nice view, search and filtering options.
It looks like it currently is supported by 29 games:
Mordhau
Totally Acurate Battle Simulator
Foundation
Descenders
Playcraft
0 A.D.
OpenXcom
Hypnospace Outlaw
ECO
DUSL
Meeple Station
Aground
Bridge! 3
Hard Times
Fromto: Toy Cars in Hell
Tabletop Playground
Dashpanel
Sinespace
9 Nations
Trains & Things
Holodance
Mondrian - Plastic Reality
Villages
Avis Rapida
Moe Kanojo
Tyler Presents: Mischief Night
Runner
Spoxel
Mosha Online

Last edited:

intenscia

Hey all - first time poster. Thanks for sharing this here Alexios Alexios i'm Scott co-founder of mod.io, ModDB and IndieDB. As you said, our goal is to build an open cross-platform Steam Workshop so we can see mods in more places like on console and mobile. Right now we are supporting a number of indie games, but the service is designed for AAA's too and we've got some big titles coming in 2020 and beyond.

Feel free to AMA.

Alexios

Sweet, thanks, sorry the nooblets here didn't bump this, it's a great project :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey all - first time poster. Thanks for sharing this here Alexios Alexios i'm Scott co-founder of mod.io, ModDB and IndieDB. As you said, our goal is to build an open cross-platform Steam Workshop so we can see mods in more places like on console and mobile. Right now we are supporting a number of indie games, but the service is designed for AAA's too and we've got some big titles coming in 2020 and beyond.

Feel free to AMA.
Hi Scott!

No questions from me, just wanted to say great job on this and your other projects! I'll be watching this with great interest.

giphy.gif

intenscia

Thanks jshackles jshackles - I suspect no bumps because backend services are pretty dull. People just want their sweet sweet mods and don't care how they got them.

That's fine by us, we've been running ModDB for 17 years now and felt a Workshop alternative was needed to push innovation forward!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Welcome to NeoGAF, Scott, and great work on Mod DB; I've used it a bunch of times over the years. Your account has been bumped to Member status so you'll have full access to the boards. Cheers.

Exentryk

This is an awesome idea. Hate when I buy games on GOG but the mods are only for the Steam version (via workshop or something else). This endeavor will make things better for more people.

So, all the best!

Reactions: GHG

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is really cool and will definitely come in handy. Especially buying games on both services. Thanks for the heads up!

Alexios

Just never be a sellout please, if you do all this indie cross platform work and then Epic swoops in with an enticing offer and we see you saying they now own it but you totally remain independent doing your thing as before and all that jazz, man, that'd suck :p

Just saying, love moddb and indiedb and visit them daily since I discovered them so I know you aint in it for the short term <3

Last edited:

GHG

This is an awesome idea. Hate when I buy games on GOG but the mods are only for the Steam version (via workshop or something else). This endeavor will make things better for more people.

So, all the best!

Yep, puts me off buying games on GOG in certain instances which is a shame.

This is a great idea.

intenscia

Yep, puts me off buying games on GOG in certain instances which is a shame.

This is a great idea.

If there are games on GOG that should be using mod.io give them a nudge or let me know and i'll reach out. Our Unity plugin for example takes literally minutes to get up and running with UI and everything built.

Alexios

After a year of non-stop growth we are delighted to announce that mod.io have closed a seed fundraising round led by Play Ventures - a group that share our passion for bringing UGC to more developers on all platforms and consoles.

Last edited:

intenscia

Thanks for sharing Al3x1s, we've had a big few months since this thread begun - and have even better news to come soon. Feels good making progress towards a more open UGC platform for game devs to consider as an alternative to Workshop

intenscia

Figured i'd share our latest news in the push towards creating a more open modding ecosystem with the launch of SnowRunner on Epic Games Store, Xbox and PS4. mod.io will be their cross-platform UGC partner (though PC only for now). Trialing other innovative things like rewarding the top creators each month which we are excited to get started. Details here: https://mod.io/blog/snowrunner-is-live

Top Bottom