• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod transforms all Witcher 3 combat into Gwent Battles

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
953-0-1446654953.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/953/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMVQiDv62c

So...yeah. This mod replaces the combat system and all encounters, including out in the wild, with Gwent matches. Deck generation on enemies, deck building on Geralt. Basically The Witcher 3: Yu-Gi-Oh.

It's so ridiculous I made a thread.

AColdDay

My friends ask me why I play my games on a computer, and the fact that these things exist and I can experience them is why.

Hopeford

I never wanted to play this game until I saw that picture. Yugeralt looks amazing. Can you mod combat music in the game as well?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You just activated my Agni card?

I totally want this mod to hit the Witcher 1 so it's craptacular CLICK-CLICK-CLICKA combat could be removed. >_<

ShogunX

I love the combat in this game and i've never played 1 match of Gwent in 100plus hours

come at thy

Nobody needs to come at you. Just rather inform you that you are missing out on a very fun and addictive part of a great game. I'm not even a card game player in any way but still enjoyed Gwent immensely.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I wonder how long the playtime is with this mod installed. I'm guessing in the 500 hour range

Timeless

This will be incorporated into the main game with Witcher 3 2.0. Just like how Witcher 2 wasn't the great game we know it as until 2.0, Witcher 3 will finally be complete with 2.0.

If you could enlarge the cardpool to make it even more interesting that might be mildly interesting. But really this would just make the game excruciatingly long. Neat. But impractical.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder if CDP will do something with Gwent in the future. Maybe make a smaller Hearthstone-like game or something akin to the Konami Yugio games. Could be neat I think.
Or maybe I'm vastely overestimating Gwent's popularity.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I wonder if CDP will do something with Gwent in the future. Maybe make a smaller Hearthstone-like game or something akin to the Konami Yugio games. Could be neat I think.
Or maybe I'm vastely overestimating Gwent's popularity.

No, you aren't, but you are overestimating Gwent's depth as of right now. It would need some major overhauling as it stands.

Taruranto

Given the amount of trash-mobs the game has, this sounds like a nightmare.

Then again, I never did a single Gwen match, so what do I know.

Top Bottom