• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 First Gameplay Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

FU1JUoxWUAofKuY
FU1JbROWQAwJlw8

FU1KZCnWUBI3gVK
FU1IbesWUBkvDmv

Last edited:
Anyone else finding the visuals a bit underwhelming? I thought MW2 was the start of "Next-Gen" COD with a new/upgraded engine yet I don't see any improvement from MW 2019.

sinnergy

Looks outstanding to be honest, I’ll might pick this up. Played MW to death on X360, MW2 not so much . Maybe it’s better on these consoles .

Very good looking game graphically. Hard to get excited about the gameplay when it looks exactly the same as MW2019. Hopefully the multiplayer looks a bit refreshed.

twilo99

Very good looking game graphically. Hard to get excited about the gameplay when it looks exactly the same as MW2019. Hopefully the multiplayer looks a bit refreshed.

Once you have gameplay that is as good as MW2019, substantial improvements from that starting point would be extremely difficult, I think even incremental improvements are a pretty big achievement.

Its like trying to improve on CS:GO or Quake 3... good luck with that.

Last edited:

Orpheum

I have to admit this looks quite good. I've been a sucker for modern warfare ever since the franchise started off i have to admit

-MD-

It's like the most basic, slow, predictable boring shooter you could imagine but somehow excites people.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
We say this but then at least CoD have put out consistently decent games. Just look at Battlefield to see how you can fuck up an easy win.

Yep. Everyone else is delaying their games to 2023, CoD ditched the paid map pack model so every player gets the same maps & guns, and we know we can count on a responsive, arcadey 60fps shooter with a high player population. Its not hard to see why folks will be buying this by the tens of millions.

Call of Duty is McDonalds. Its not fancy, its not homecooked, but its dependable.

DoomGyver

I’m still playing 2019 and having a blast. Cod and Demons souls is all i’ve really played in the last two years. Trailer looked okay but I was hoping for a improvement in graphics- xplay is a bummer. It’s the right choice atm unfortunately.

Sybrix

Haven't bought a COD game since MW2 in 2009 lol

I got bored of them then, this trailer looks about the same type of gameplay as then, pass.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Looks good. I'm not into COD multiplayer. I could never compete with the limited time I could invest in the game. But I really like jacking up the difficulty and playing through the single player campaign either alone or with a friend.

Laptop1991

The last COD i finished was MW1 in 2007, it did remind me of that, but that had a good SP campaign, there didn't seem to be anything different about this one.

SJRB

Gold Member
That looked and sounded as good as it was boring to watch.

Last edited:

flying_sq

I hope they actually use raytracing this time around. Last time I didn't notice a difference in all, then one map in MP dropped my FPS from like 180 to 30 in a random warehouse.

ZywyPL

Banned
It's like the most basic, slow, predictable boring shooter you could imagine but somehow excites people.

In times when everything is just another TPP open-world/cinematic melee-based copy-paste, it surely can.

I for one am very looking forward for this game, it's been about a decade since I played last CoD, I honestly miss the FPP view, I miss shooting, and proper shooting that is, because after that decade most games still don't get it right, the controls/recoil/bullet spread/guns feel are screwed up most of the time, I miss modern day setting with normal, modern guns. Just give me some MP info and footage and I'm most likely in.

Top Bottom