• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

kuYuri

I wonder if it's also possible to get a Nuke randomly with the Care Package? That would be funny. :lol

got2bekidding said:
I know it's anti-vehicle, it's specifically anti-tank. So there are tanks in MP? That's why I'm not sure why it's there. I wouldn't think you could shoot planes and helicopters with it. Just seems out of place for MP.

Being that this is a video game, it's likely they are modifying the Javelin to work on choppers and AC130s.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The Javelin should be able to shoot down anything that gives off a heat signature doesn't matter if it's a hummer/tank or heli :lol

J-Rzez

Kibbles said:
AK has less recoil now.

The recoil was way over-done in MW1. Hopefully it was toned down across the board, along with that damned autoaim. They just tried to hollywood the guns up though. If those guns kicked that much you wouldn't be able to hit shit past 25yards. Which as we know doesn't work, and you have people sniping via bursts from LMGs and their iron sights from across the map.

If this game does turn out poor at least it's only a short wait until Jan.

kuYuri

Kibbles said:
IW took down their "FAGS" video. :lol

fourzerotwo's Twitter said:
@MitchyD I agree. I think the core gag is great, the end is a bit too far from the intent of the joke & can appreciate the concerns. Pulled.

Damn, I wish I had that video saved. Maybe someone else has it.

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
Too bad they gave into the always offended population. Apparently they don't stop whining and crying until everyone has to conform to their standards. Good job guys!

?

Dude, that video was either just in poor taste or a really unfortunate coincidence.

Either way it's good that it is down.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Too bad they gave into the always offended population. Apparently they don't stop whining and crying until everyone has to conform to their standards. Good job guys!
It's their own decision if they give in.. What's your problem with this? People shouldn't have opinions?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
wmat said:
It's their own decision if they give in.. What's your problem with this? People shouldn't have opinions?

This seems to be it how it works on the internet for a lot of people. If anyone expresses a negative opinion about anything that other people may like or think is "cool" then the person with the opinion is merely "whining" or is "butthurt". Apparently no one can have a valid complaint about anything without being a butthurt whiner. Status quo for life!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
All the XBOX kids either leeching the game or watching the pirate streams - great customers! Way cooler crowd than the PC snobs, I reckon.

wmat said:
All the XBOX kids either leeching the game or watching the pirate streams - great customers! Way cooler crowd than the PC snobs, I reckon.

Well the stream I was watching was from a guy who got it from a manager friend. I don't see the problem. It's not like I don't have this set for release day delivery from Amazon. :D Hell, seeing the stream makes me want the game even more.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Well the stream I was watching was from a guy who got it from a manager friend. I don't see the problem. It's not like I don't have this set for release day delivery from Amazon. :D Hell, seeing the stream makes me want the game even more.
Oh, so he's got it from a manager friend, eh? Unlikely, but not impossible, I suppose..

Mikey Jr. said:
Wow, so the game is already leaked a week and a half before it's release? Is that early for a high profile game?
Gears of War 2 leaked pretty early as I recall, some Technicolor employee got caught and arrested IIRC.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much all 360 games get leaked over a week in advance.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Kibbles said:
IW took down their "FAGS" video. :lol

I do have to wonder how it go that far without anyone thinking it was stupid and offensive.

I mean the core joke is from Team America and it wasn't even funny then.

Mamesj

Banned

it's okay brah, the word is accepted, nay, encouraged in the warm confines of XBL, so use it to your heart's content!

Infinity Ward was just testing the waters to see if they could start using it in normal ad campaigns. Right now, they're in this catch-22 where the target audience's core beliefs go untapped by the Activision marketing department, yet are taboo to talk about in mainstream society, so they're finding ways to get over the barrier. They'll break through one day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cuyahoga said:
But recreating a scenario out of a Tom Clancy novel or an episode of 24 isn't exactly risk-taking or much of an attempt to tackle a serious issue.

I know this is over, but... :lol

I think the point is that this is being done in a mainstream game. Yeah, it's old news in other media, but in a medium and a genre that's all about generic "shoot things in the face" actions being repeated over and over again, it's relatively progressive.

Or, should I say... it's not that this is a revelatory experience. It's just that the bar has been set so fucking low by other developers that all IW had to do was fart out a "generic" (when it comes to Tom Clancy and 24) terrorist scene to be able to appear like gameplay visionaries.

Kibbles

doomed1 said:
no, of course not. that would be ridiculous. stop stirring shit up, Kibbles >:/
Robert Bowling's twitter. I interpreted this as Hardcore modes were only available in private matches not public playlists yet, but they could be in the future.
@Cokra You can play any mode in Hardcore via Private Match. Also, Public Playlists are dynamic, we can tweak daily, and those aren't final.

ZeroRay

Kibbles said:
Robert Bowling's twitter. I interpreted this as Hardcore modes were only available in private matches not public playlists yet, but they could be in the future.

Looks like you can just give a Hardcore variant to any game mode via private match settings just like COD4.

I'm sure they'll have the same, maybe new HC playlists in MW2.

Eric WK said:
ASSAULT RIFLES:
----------
M4A1
FAMAS
SCAR-H (Unlocked at Lvl9)
TAR-21 (Unlocked at Lvl20)
FAL (Unlocked at Lvl28)
M16A4 (Unlocked at Lvl40)
ACR (Unlocked at Lvl48)
F2000 (Unlocked at Lvl60)
AK-47 (Unlocked at Lvl70)

SMGS:
----------
MP5K
UMP45
Vector (Unlocked at Lvl12)
P90 (Unlocked at Lvl24)
Mini Uzi (Unlocked at Lvl44)

LMGS:
----------
L86LSW
RPD
M64 (Unlocked at Lvl16)
AUG HBAR (Unlocked at Lvl32)
M240 (Unlocked at Lvl52)

SNIPERS:
----------
INTERVENTION
BARRET .50 Cal
WA2000 (Unlocked at Lvl36)
M21 EER (Unkocked at Lvl56)

SECONDARY:
==========

Machine Pistols:
----------
PP2000
G10 (Unlocked at Lvl22)
M93 Raffica (Unlocked at Lvl38)
TMP (Unlocked at Lvl58)

SHOTGUNS:
----------
SPAS-12
AA-12 (Unlocked at Lvl18)
Striker (Unlocked at Lvl34)
Ranger (Unlocked at Lvl42)
M1014 (Unlocked at Lvl54)
Model 1887 (Unlocked at Lvl67)

LAUNHERS:
----------
AT4-HS
Thumper (Unlocked at Lvl14)
Stinger (Unlocked at Lvl30)
Javelin (Unlocked at Lvl50)
RPG7x2 (Unlocked at Lvl65)

HANDGUNS:
----------
USP .45
.44 Magnum (Unlocked at Lvl26)
M9 (Unlocked at Lvl46)
Desert Eagle (Unlocked at Lvl62)

EQUIPMENT:
---------
FRAG
SEMTEX
THROWING KNIVES (Unlocked at Lvl7)
Tactical Insertion (Unlocked at Lvl11)
Blast Shield (Unlocked at Lvl19)
Claymore (Unlocked at Lvl31)
C4 (Unlocked at Lvl43)
thanks

DuckRacer said:
Video of the nuke killstreak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m09NeDrZxPw

Can't believe they actually put this in the game :lol
:lol wow
Rez said:
what comes out in Jan?
MAG

Kibbles

AnEternalEnigma said:
Wait, people are actually complaining about multiplayer spoilers?

IT'S MULTIPLAYER.
This. Although I suppose it would be neat to be walking around and suddenly get nuked, not knowing wtf was going on. :lol

Mik2121

Can't wait for this game! But I've been on an almost full media blackout, except for the Nuke thing (not that I care that much, 25 kills in a row isn't that common)

Can anyone else who has watched the stream answer me this question about the Non E3 Snow Level
Did Price go bonkers and decide that launching a nuke and setting it to do an EMP blast was the beast way to blunt the invasion? I mean what was the goal of attacking the sub base?

J-Rzez

demolitio said:
Compact version of the MP5 designed for close-quarters.

Yeah, a compact SMG, like specifically for closets lol. But it's crazy how many variations of the MP5 there are. Kompact, Fixed stock, collapsible, SD (silenced from the factory)... And then there are all the trigger group options. Easily the most popular SMG ever. It's a shame the 10mm version never caught on and was discontinued, that was some serious firepower in a SMG, more than even the UMP packs in .45.

tHoMNZ

J-Rzez said:
The recoil was way over-done in MW1. Hopefully it was toned down across the board, along with that damned autoaim. They just tried to hollywood the guns up though. If those guns kicked that much you wouldn't be able to hit shit past 25yards. Which as we know doesn't work, and you have people sniping via bursts from LMGs and their iron sights from across the map.

If this game does turn out poor at least it's only a short wait until Jan.

You're kidding right, recoil has been non existent since cod2

Top Bottom