• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

Calen

ergo said:
That just seems like there is no way to get out of being destroyed by that sort of thing. I can see that 25 kill streak nuke come easy with something like the AC130...
This might even possibly be true, if this was CoD4 and not MW2. Good thing we play the crap out of our own games, huh?

Spydy

Banned
Calen said:
This might even possibly be true, if this was CoD4 and not MW2. Good thing we play the crap out of our own games, huh?

Your only part of the DEV team. Geez. What the hell would you know about MW2?

GAF has spoken.

Any chance of some exclusive PS3 footage? :D

venom2124

Calen said:
So kill streaks do not contribute to further kill streaks within the same life? For example, if I call a predator strike however many kills I get will not help in getting the AC130 killstreak? I've heard conflicting info, so I just need some clarification.

Calen

venom2124 said:
So kill streaks do not contribute to further kill streaks within the same life? For example, if I call a predator strike however many kills I get will not help in getting the AC130 killstreak? I've heard conflicting info, so I just need some clarification.
All I am saying is that people should keep in mind that this is a different game with different rules than CoD4. There's no need to panic about certain killstreaks or other things because you can't see a way they'd have worked in CoD4 - they probably would not have, and that's okay!

Eric WK

If the controllable helicopter is anything like the Predator Missile, then you can kill the person operating it. And regardless, there are a half dozen ways to take aircraft down. I don't see what the big deal is.

Get upset about dual wielding sidearms, not the fact that players can control a gun in a helicopter.

venom2124

Eric WK said:
If the controllable helicopter is anything like the Predator Missile, then you can kill the person operating it. And regardless, there are a half dozen ways to take aircraft down. I don't see what the big deal is.

Get upset about dual wielding sidearms, not the fact that players can control a gun in a helicopter.
I absolutey agree with you. The killstreak operator can be killed because he is stationary on the map, hunched over a laptop. On top of that, there are plenty of weapons that can down user controlled killstreaks and perks that can keep you hidden. Your own killstreak rewards can even take down an enemy's chopper or plane so they shouldn't be too much of a problem to deal with.

The people in this thread bitching about being easily killed and screaming about "balance" are people who probably always got their ass kicked in Call of Duty 4. Sounds to me like a bunch of butthurt that Infinity Ward isn't pandering to them in their next game like Bungie did with their watered-down, noob-friendly Halo 2 and Halo 3. They're the same crowd who screamed about how the Halo 1 pistol was "unbalanced".

And I'm still laughing my ass off at the guy who predicted everyone would go back to CoD4 after a few months. Yeah, you keep living in that dream world. Modern Warfare 2 is going to be the top played game on Xbox Live until Halo: Reach comes out. If you don't like it, have fun playing Treyarch's garbage.

moai

on the other hand, piracy and game leaks are gettin out of hand on 360. nearly 70% of my friend list has modded consoles and plays pirated copies (here is almost the rule to do this, i'm looked as "stupid" for paying for games), but none where banned during the last wave.
Ms doesn't care or they can't do shit about this guys. i wonder which one is it.

The streams are godlike, are they all pirates though? It looks like at least 2000 people are playing the game early, the guy streaming it was 2000th on the leaderboards.

Vercingetorix said:
The streams are godlike, are they all pirates though? It looks like at least 2000 people are playing the game early, the guy streaming it was 2000th on the leaderboards.
I would highly doubt anyone playing it right now has a legit copy.

moai

Vercingetorix said:
Wouldn't this make it exceedingly easy for Microsoft to figure out who the remaining pirates are?

"remaining"? :lol
hardly anyone was banned in the last "wave".

Colocho

Banned
Couldn't pirates just play offline now and then when it's officially released download a "more legit" copy or give it a good stealth patch and not worry about getting banned?

Gilatif

Can anybody tell me how to post the spoiler cover, because I've got one for the single player campaign that I want someone to verify. And no, its not the airport.

Weenerz

Banned
Colocho said:
Couldn't pirates just play offline now and then when it's officially released download a "more legit" copy or give it a good stealth patch and not worry about getting banned?

The copy that is out now is "more legit" or "stealth patched" they are getting banned because it is obvious they have a leaked copy.

Dabanton

Colocho said:

Can't they check when things like achievements were unlocked?

Gilatif

Ok, I figured it out. I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread. Do not look at this if you don't want a major spoiler from the single player campaign. I was pretty surprised. There's a pic online that seems to confirm it.

Captain Price is alive, and he's a terrorist

Colocho

Banned
Weenerz said:
The copy that is out now is "more legit" or "stealth patched" they are getting banned because it is obvious they have a leaked copy.
Ok so, if they played offline till the 10th they shouldn't have problems (if they stayed offline till the 10h as well), right? seems like they need a better way to check after the game is released.

Gilatif said:
Can anybody tell me how to post the spoiler cover, because I've got one for the single player campaign that I want someone to verify. And no, its not the airport.

[/spoiler] - to close spoiler
- to start spoiler

Edit: dang figured it out before I could post,

did read your spoiler, if true, wow, doesn't make any sense

Dabanton

Gilatif said:
Ok, I figured it out. I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread. Do not look at this if you don't want a major spoiler from the single player campaign. I was pretty surprised. There's a pic online that seems to confirm it.

:lol I love it.

KareBear

Gilatif said:

Old and also not entirely true.

Dabanton

Colocho said:
Ok so, if they played offline till the 10th they shouldn't have problems (if they stayed offline till the 10h as well), right? seems like they need a better way to check after the game is released.

You seem to want to know a lot about how they track things like this. You haven't been a naughty boy and been on the high seas have you? :lol

cameltoe

just saw this on youtube....snapped a pic. 8900 kills 101 deaths! 495 streak...ugh!

Untitled-6.jpg

X26

Banned
Eric WK said:
402 just confirmed that they'll be reseting ranks just before launch. Good move.

Great. Was hoping I wouldn't have to play against a ton of people with all the perks/guns/streaks on day 1

moai

Dabanton said:
You seem to want to know a lot about how they track things like this. You haven't been a naughty boy and been on the high seas have you? :lol

i think that he is from the same region i am, going by his user name. boards in my country allow pirating talk, there are threads about firmwares, how to mod the 360, how to avoid bannings (playing without hd, disconnect cable, etc) and other things. they even create threads when a game "goes up" to let the board know it is available.
i think this is the only board where i can speak freely about being against piracy. doing it overthere is suicide.

Colocho

Banned
moai said:
i think that he is from the same region i am, going by his user name. boards in my country allow pirating talk, there are threads about firmwares, how to mod the 360, how to avoid bannings (playing without hd, disconnect cable, etc) and other things. they even create threads when a game "goes up" to let the board know it is available.
i think this is the only board where i can speak freely about being against piracy. doing it overthere is suicide.

Chile, right? I'm not a pirate myself I'm just discussing how the pirates will avoid the mass bannings that everyone is expecting are going to happen after release, do you really think I'd ask this board how to avoid getting banned when there are 1000s of other sites where I could do the same?

cresto

Calen said:
Your sarcasm is unnecessary. I don't know how it will all work out, I am only commenting on what i've seen. Maybe that isn't the way to go, but its my damn opinion. I am excited to see how it will all work out, I am just unsure what to expect with 80 million things happening at once. That is a shit load of balancing...

As far as the helicopter bitching, aren't their stinger missles now?

Hell in CoD4 people got good at shooting down a heli like 5 seconds after it appeared with small arms fire.

If anything this will probably become a low tier kill streak since the missles will be heat seaking.

All I care about is no dogs. I can live with a tactical nuke as long as there are no dogs.

Who gets a 25 kill streak anway?
I also can't wait to knife the guy sitting defenseless with a laptop.

Top Bottom