• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 leak

DMZ maps have different biomes (forest, desert town)

20-35 players

They’re pouring a lot of resources into DMZ, as many as MP.

DMZ takes a lot from EFT, cuts the clunkiness out. Attachments, ammo types and armor matters.

Weather systems, day/night cycles and modular/prefab areas on maps create dynamic gameplay.

Gunsmith refined. Ex. Folding stock has the ability in-game to fold/unfold at the press of a button, similar to fire select switch.

NinjaBoiX

Next gen only or what?
Hopefully, but I doubt it.

I think the enormous budget of these games wouldn’t be covered by next gen only sales a few months from now unfortunately.

This will hopefully be the last mainline CoD that is cross-gen, I fully expect Warzone 2 to also be cross-gen.

Shmunter

Hopefully, but I doubt it.

I think the enormous budget of these games wouldn’t be covered by next gen only sales a few months from now unfortunately.

This will hopefully be the last mainline CoD that is cross-gen, I fully expect Warzone 2 to also be cross-gen.
You’re probably right.

I love playing Black Ops ps5 version, and then ‘waiting on other player’s’ prompt each and every time because my map has loaded a minute before the cross gen players.

Last edited:

kikkis

Wasnt most of horizon sales on new gen? I think going new gen only would have made sense financially, given the new two year life cycle. By end of the year console base is going to be better and it would have gained more traction from being pretty much the only new gen shooter. Now at least some of the players are not going to be as excited and skip the game entirely.

Huh, never seen a thread from a banned person before. It even shows they are banned on the main thread page. Pretty cool.

I don’t know what these acronyms are. I mean I know what DMZ is but how does it relate to MW2? EFT?

DonJorginho

Banned
CRAIG COME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

Fake

"Blame last gen". MW2 is also being released on PS4 and XBO?

Next gen excuse.

Being a crossgen never was an excuse. There are good looking crossgen and 'not so great' next gen games out there.

Money will always speak first.

Don’t expect a huge graphical leap like we saw with MW19. Blame last gen

Fine, you go ahead and be a lazy dev. Then I'll just spend my fucking money on something else. Last gen is NOT an excuse.

At least Cold War did it somewhat right with 120fps mode, High Res 4K textures for Single Player AND Multuplayer, Raytracing etc...

If MW2 looks like MW2019, please hard delete the source code NOW and start over.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Don’t expect a huge graphical leap like we saw with MW19. Blame last gen

Fine, you go ahead and be a lazy dev. Then I'll just spend my fucking money on something else. Last gen is NOT an excuse.

At least Cold War did it somewhat right with 120fps mode, High Res 4K textures for Single Player AND Multuplayer, Raytracing etc...

If MW2 looks like MW2019, please hard delete the source code NOW and start over.
Calm down, its a fake. did you not read this massive thread?

Dibils2k

what the hell is DMZ, googling just comes out with demilitarized zone but that doesnt make much sense to me

nikos

Pretty sure Warzone 2 will be PC and current-gen only. If MW2 is also on last-gen, it'll be interesting to see how integration between MW/WZ will work in the future.

They never expected Warzone to be as popular as it has become, and admitted that there's way more going on with the game than its engine was made to handle.

Droxcy

Trying to imagine the point of getting weapons, attachments etc within a CoD engine TTK etc guess I'll have to see it and play it first before talking down on it.

If they do this right they could have the next big thing, imo. Escape From Tarkov is a fantastic concept, it gives you lots of very tense gameplay, but the barrier to entry is almost impossible to penetrate.

By example: when I started playing EFT I hid somewhere in a building, heard 2 men entering. After 5 minutes of creeping around I finally had them in my sights and when I emerged from the corner, pulled the trigger and heard a loud CLICK: apparently I put in the wrong ammo in the magazine and the gun didn't fire. I didn't survive that.
It never told me that it was the wrong ammo when I loaded that clip into the gun or anything. There's also no map, so you have to have a second monitor up with a wiki so you see where the extract locations are (until you learn them by heart).
Etcetera etcetera.

So, just trim the fat down and you have a winner.

JackSparr0w

Banned
Haven't bought any COD since World at War. Not planning to break that streak unless it's on gamepass then I might try it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Haven't bought any COD since World at War. Not planning to break that streak unless it's on gamepass then I might try it.
The best games IMO were that era.

The games look better now, they got more modes, they got battle royale. But endless mtx and the games and maps play a lot more hectic and rat mazy. Also unlike the old era of COD, they made SMGs like lasers. I played World at War a lot. It's hard to kill someone with a Thompson or MP40 from distance. But SMGs for the past 10 years are similar in accuracy to ARs of old CODs. Really noobish since the PS4/One gen started. You hardly get snipers or shotgunners anymore because a lot of people now use SMGs. So the player gameplay isnt so varied anymore. You do get snipers in BR mode though as it makes sense due to the map size but in standard matches and maps not much.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The best games IMO were that era.

The games look better now, they got more modes, they got battle royale. But endless mtx and the games and maps play a lot more hectic and rat mazy. Also unlike the old era of COD, they made SMGs like lasers. I played World at War a lot. It's hard to kill someone with a Thompson or MP40 from distance. But SMGs for the past 10 years are similar in accuracy to ARs of old CODs. Really noobish since the PS4/One gen started. You hardly get snipers or shotgunners anymore because a lot of people now use SMGs. So the player gameplay isnt so varied anymore.
No lies detected.
MW/WaW/BO were peak COD for me.

Though admittedly the campaigns have gotten alot better.

Still gonna try MW2 in case the Tarkov mode is actually good.
I like Tarkov but since leaving the US im too far from really active servers.
COD is popular world wide, a Tarkov esc game is bound to have active servers close enough for me to need to aim 10 days into the future.

jorgejjvr

No lies detected.
MW/WaW/BO were peak COD for me.

Though admittedly the campaigns have gotten alot better.

Still gonna try MW2 in case the Tarkov mode is actually good.
I like Tarkov but since leaving the US im too far from really active servers.
COD is popular world wide, a Tarkov esc game is bound to have active servers close enough for me to need to aim 10 days into the future.
BO2 is my favorite of all the games

DMZ maps have different biomes (forest, desert town)

20-35 players

They’re pouring a lot of resources into DMZ, as many as MP.

DMZ takes a lot from EFT, cuts the clunkiness out. Attachments, ammo types and armor matters.

Weather systems, day/night cycles and modular/prefab areas on maps create dynamic gameplay.

Gunsmith refined. Ex. Folding stock has the ability in-game to fold/unfold at the press of a button, similar to fire select switch.

I just want cyber attack back.

twilo99

"Dont expect a huge graphical leap".

Bruh. Thats literally what had me the most hype for this game. Im so fucking sick of unimpressive looking cross gen crap at 60fps and calling it next gen just because its 60fps.

Pretty sure the game will run 120fps on current generation consoles and obviously no cap on PC..

Top Bottom