• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 4 Promo Art Possibly Leaked

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job

nj127s83tam21.jpg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Hm. I hoped it would be more like cod 4 modern warfare. Looks a little futuristic from the look of the outfits

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Hm. I hoped it would be more like cod 4 modern warfare. Looks a little futuristic from the look of the outfits

The logo looks similar. Actually the naming is kinda messing with my mind...Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.....now Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

I just hope it’s not a bunch of boost jumping and sliding. That it doesn’t require insane amounts of sugar and caffeine to play.

It probably does tho.

The logo looks similar. Actually the naming is kinda messing with my mind...Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.....now Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

It took me a full minute to understand why this leak was even a thing. I went through the “this game is already out, sure they remastered it” to the self doubting stage “didn’t they?” Before realising.

Last edited:

Catphish

The nonsensical, ludicrous, DLC-driven circus-hell pageantry that has befallen CoD multiplayer is seriously dampening my enthusiasm for this, when that enthusiasm should be off the charts.

I want a solemn, realistic-looking (Dare I say tactical, or at least somewhat cerebral?) shooter. I don't want a fucking full-on Technicolor ocular assault that makes players look like the aftermath of an explosion at the clown store.

I know I won't get it, hence my dismay. 😞

TeamGhobad

Banned
MW3 had a very troubled development, vince and jason were fired mid dev, a new dev team was brought in. remember back then they only had 2 years as well.

Codes 208

And another one, and another one...

6b1.jpg
In cod’s defense there’s atleast a level of consistency. The only cods I don’t like I simply find below average (like AW and ghosts) rather than straight-up terrible or bad. I know what I’m getting into with each title in the same way people buy madden, forza and fifa every year.

Last edited:

Diddy X

In cod’s defense there’s atleast a level of consistency. The only cods I don’t like I simply find below average (like AW and ghosts) rather than straight-up terrible or bad. I know what I’m getting into with each title in the same way people buy madden, forza and fifa every year.

COD's MP are alright, they already nailed the formula, some are very good, some not as good but still worth it, campaigns on the other hand... most are absolute shit, they really never got to surpass Cod 4.

Last edited:

Codes 208

COD's MP are alright, they already nailed the formula, some are very good, some not as good but still worth it, campaigns on the other hand... most are absolute shit, they really never got to surpass Cod 4.
I can agree with that. And that’s why I stopped caring when Blops4 didn’t have a campaign. After blops1 if you play cod for campaign, you’re playing for the wrong reason.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Call of duty
Call of duty : Modern Warfare
Call of duty: World at War
Call of duty: Black ops
Call of Duty Ghost
Call of duty: Advance Warfare

Son of the fuck to Activision and Call of duty and their Subsagas.

dolabla

I'm very interested if it's not futuristic. That writing is similar to COD4. Hopefully (if this is true) that's a good sign

angelic

Banned
Said they were done at MW3. Franchise could not get any more morally bankrupt. I'm out for good now and this makes it easier.

Said they were done at MW3. Franchise could not get any more morally bankrupt. I'm out for good now and this makes it easier.
At the time they were done, but only because they had done 3 consecutive Modern Warfare games and wanted to do something new. People didn't go for them.

Kerotan

My wishlist that would earn a day 1 purchase.

Top notch campaign
Spec Ops online co op
Multiplayer similar to MW2/COD4
Battle Royale map made from mw1/2/3 maps.
Mw2 remastered co-op and online!

No battle royale please, just make 16-20 good MP maps, good netcode/hit registration, regular balance updates

and I will be in.

I'll reserve judgement for now. MW fans will go berzerk for a good reason and I love it when a fanbase gets hyped for a game they've been waiting for! Reminds me when I get giddy for a newly announced video game that I've been waiting for as well :messenger_crying:

Hmm wonder why they are milking that cow for so long...maybe its something to do with being one of the best selling titles EVERY YEAR for the past 15 years. I get it some people don't like COD, but cow milking doesn't apply here. They arent making games just to break even, thats milking it just to get some cash. They are earning BILLIONS a year. And they try to make a new game every year, thats why they have 3 different developers working on them. Yeah I would milk it as well.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
If it's something remotely close to CoD4 then I'm all into it. but if it's more like MW2 with its retarded perks, attachments, killstreaks etc. or later installments then gtfo. Don't get me wrong, MW2 was a blast to play, with one of the best maps in the series, but it was a double-edged sword kind of game, where you either run around with commando kit and getting the nukes, noobtubing entire map with OMA kit, launch multiple chopper gunner/AC130, OR you were on the opposite side and throw the controller into the wall from frustration. And later on they went with all those exo-suits and all the monkey jumping started. If MW4 is ever going to happen, I just pray they will go back to the roots, like they did with WW2, where everything is toned down, slower paced, without any retarded, over the top bullshit.

J-Roderton

Whatever it is, online spec ops would be excellent. I’ve grown more fond of co-op like scenarios in my old age.

Last edited:
Top Bottom