• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered to be available separately - Director of Raven David Pellas

Calm Mind

image.png

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good, i'll wait for the stand alone version. Hopefully its priced reasonably

Bizzquik

Any news yet on the "Variety Map Pack" DLC - Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek, & Killhouse...?

Those are some of my favorite CoD4 maps. Need them!

Awesome but after seeing MP gameplay I kind of no longer want it. I'm not keen on what they've done with the giant emblems everywhere and whatnot. It doesn't 'seem' like MW anymore, but time shall tell.

This is probably the most petty/nitpicky reason i've ever seen someone give for not wanting a game on this site. Congratulations.

oSoLucky

MWR and Stick of Truth Gen 8 port being locked behind purchases(at least temporarily) is the publisher tactic which has left the worst taste with me recently.

MWremastered will be a mid-year seller, they will make it stand alone for the summer holidays and get that extra money from doing so.

Rizific

cdkeys had (might still?) pre-orders or IW+COD4R available for $38, i thought that was pretty tempting. will most definitely wait this one out, who knows what kind of fuckery they pulled with the pc version.

cooldawn

This is all far-reaching for now. If you read the Gamereactor article he continues to say...
"The reason that we had to break them up like that is because when we originally got onto this project one of the first things that we did was try to define what the visual quality bar was going to be that was acceptable for us as fans. What would we expect of the visual upgrades? When we did that we were able to break up how much time we had left for this year and how many maps we had to do and it quickly became apparent that we weren't going to be able to hit that bar for every single map unless we shipped later or we reduced the number, and because we are, and have always been, considered a pack-in for Infinite Warfare, and a great bonus content there, we knew that we couldn't ship later, so Activision agreed 'yep, let's focus on the maps we think we can get done' as long as we maintain that quality bar, because the visuals are super important for us."
...so it's not quite done yet.

Gorillaz

$29.99 for standalone version.
LOL this game ain't launching lower then 40. Most asked for remaster and the reason people are dropping money on a deluxe version of a game they don't want. You think Activision out here not seeing the public opinion?

Expect either full 60 or 40 without all maps.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Anyone who seriously believed that MW would forever be tied to IW needs to go have a word with themselves. Of course it will be standalone at some point. They'll force people to buy IW to get it and when sales drop they will announce the standalone to get those people who avoided falling for it. If they were to keep it exclusive to IW then they'd lose money.

I'm not pre ordering but will be there day 1 because I am genuinely interested in IW, my first CoD since '10, and would love to return to MW.

This is probably the most petty/nitpicky reason i've ever seen someone give for not wanting a game on this site. Congratulations.

Didn't one of the devs say on twitter recently that they are reverting back to the original icons on screen. But yea people come up with the strangest reasons to not play a game they really seem to want to.

Any news yet on the "Variety Map Pack" DLC - Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek, & Killhouse...?

Those are some of my favorite CoD4 maps. Need them!

Maybe one each with Infinite Warfares 4 DLC packs?

I-hate-u

Wow. Is this indicative of how Activision internally thinks Infinitive Warfare can sell on it's own this holiday season?

Catvoca

Banned
I do think it'll eventually be separate, but the audio to the interview makes it sound more like this:

"Anyone who purchases Modern Warfare Remastered [comma] or a version of Infinite Warfare that comes with it [comma] theyre going to get all 16..."

As in: "Anyone who purchases Modern Warfare Remastered, or rather a version of Infinite Warfare that comes with it, theyre going to get all 16..."

This is all far-reaching for now. If you read the Gamereactor article he continues to say...

...so it's not quite done yet.

Yeah, I think this will go standalone but this interview doesn't prove anything.

lol it reminds me of Mewtwo's reveal in smash 4 when Nintendo didn't reveal that Mewtwo could be bought separately for weeks. lol

clubnintendo_offers.png

Daffy Duck

I'm not sure at all, I think it's going to be worded poorly on his part.

Doesn't clearly spell it out.

Incoming Activision clarification that you need to buy IW to get MW:R.

KingBroly

Banned
lol it reminds me of Mewtwo's reveal in smash 4 when Nintendo didn't reveal that Mewtwo could be bought separately for weeks. lol

The implication was always that Mewtwo could be bought separately. They said 'if you buy both, you get Mewtwo for free.' They didn't say 'you can only get Mewtwo if you buy both' like Activision did with this.

But everyone knew it'd be available separately later because Activision likes money and did the same for COD Classic.

Syncytia

I kind of doubt it will happen, until sales drop a lot/next years CoD comes out.

I don't want IW so I hope it does come standalone at some point but no way I'm paying $80 for a game I don't want to get a remaster...

We all knew it would go solo at some point. They just want to push sales of Infinite Warfare with some timed exclusivity. Much like they did with the COD1 port back in the day. At least the slip up will be better for those, who really thought Acti wouldnt.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. We all knew it would be, they'd be silly not to release it separately at some point.

I want both games, though.

Fractal

Banned
I'm sure the remaster will get a separate release eventually, but I wouldn't treat this as an official word... to me, sounds like the guy simply misspoke.

Even though I find this idea of locking away a remaster disagreeable, it's a smart business move on Activision's part. CoD is a huge name in the industry, and they can easily handle some negativity coming their way. After all, they're no stranger to an Internet backlash or two...

Hesh

Ehhh, I'm not really buying that line as a confirmation. Seems like grasping for straws. Besides, doesn't MWR launch from within Infinite Warfare, hence why you need to own IW to play MWR? This sort of decision seems to be out of Raven's hands, they're pretty much beholden to whatever Activision and Infinity Ward want to do and between the two options available, the one that cannibalizes the sales of the IW premium edition isn't going to be the option they choose.

Top Bottom