• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered to be available separately - Director of Raven David Pellas

Eggbok

January 2017, 39.99 USD

January is too early imo, IW will still be selling like crazy and MWR will be one of those reasons for sure. Maybe April-June it will be released by itself. By that time most of the people who want to play MW that badly will have already bought IW and releasing the standalone won't interupt the next CoD release.

Gears

I think I will end up buying the bundle and just beating and selling IW afterwards, though the campaign looks neat. Unless I cant trade the game in? I havent looked into this games release at all

People want it, so of course it will be available on its own, give it a month or two after IW sales have died off a bit and then they will release it and oh and I'd put money on it being a full price release too.

I bet people will complain about that then.

JP

It's obviously going to happen at some point but I don't see anything at all being confirmed in that interview.

EDIT:
I wouldn't be too surprised to see Modern Warfare 2 being released alongside whatever Call of Duty launches November 2017.

Matticers

Of course it will be available separately in 2017. This is Activision we're talking about here. They will not leave money on the table.

Bolivar687

Banned
It'll be released before or around the first Infinite Warfare DLC pack.

Activision is smart, they do focus testing, and the one and only reason MWR exists in the first place is because they know for a fact this would otherwise be another massive down year for CoD. The same applies for digital revenue and we'll likely see MWR's standalone release and add-on DLC throughout the year to offset the low enthusiasm for IW.

Overboost

January is too early imo, IW will still be selling like crazy and MWR will be one of those reasons for sure. Maybe April-June it will be released by itself.
This. I'd expect 5-6 months after IW launches for sure. Not convinced this interview "proves" anything either, just seems like there should be some commas in the quote that makes everything seem normal anyway.

I've been waiting YEARS to play MW in HD and Infinite Warfare looks incredible, so day 1 for me. Five games in one $80 package really. (IW MP/Campaign/Zombies and MWR Campaign/MP)

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'll pay pretty much anything. Even if it ends up being more than the Legacy IW version. That's how much I don't want IW.

Brb, going to cancel my IW preorder.
You guys can just sell Infinite Warfare afterwards. Better yet, play and finish the campaign and THEN sell it. Flood the used games market with it, multiple people ejoying it and Activision only sees that cash once. 👍

Top Bottom