• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modnation beta thread of low framerate awesomeness

krae_man

Everyone should have signed up with multiple accounts.

I signed up with 4 accounts and 3 got codes:lol

Plus I'm a Qore subscriber:D

Cant wait to try this out tonight.

krae_man said:

any chance of a spare one? :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This decision to cancel qore is really starting to bite me in the ass. First I likely didn't get in the BFBC2 beta, and now nothing for ModNation. Damn I hate the new standard of paying for betas, because there is no way in hell anyone can convince me that qore is fairly priced by itself.

Thrakier

krae_man said:

And one of them is for me? :D

Fixed1979

I only had time to play for like 20minutes this morning before work. I love the online hub/menu system. It equates immediate immersion for me.

Loading and framerate are problems right now, however it is a beta so I'm not getting my panties in a bunch quite yet.

The player and cart design interface is easy to manouver and as we've seen from all the videos there will be lots and lots of variations for all the players and carts. Unfortunately most of it is locked right now, but you can still get a sense of how much will be available.

alba

Little is the new Big
If anyone has a spare code, I'd love to get one. So far from the stream the track editor looks really cool (minus some bugs, obviously). Hopefully we can grab one from Gamespot tomorrow. There're giving away code if I'm not mistaken? :O

krae_man

alba said:
If anyone has a spare code, I'd love to get one. So far from the stream the track editor looks really cool (minus some bugs, obviously). Hopefully we can grab one from Gamespot tomorrow. There're giving away code if I'm not mistaken? :O

Its today in like 2 hours.

Oneself

It would be more accurate if the thread was called:

"Modnation beta thread of low framerate awesomeness I can't see shit when I drive because the camera angle is horrible and shitty controls"

Mik2121

Oneself said:
It would be more accurate if the thread was called:

"Modnation beta thread of low framerate awesomeness I can't see shit when I drive because the camera angle is horrible and shitty controls"

Butthurt much?

The camera sucks, but shitty controls? More like shitty hands, amirite?..

I couldn't even care less about the substandard racing at the moment. Game could just be an avatar creator and car generator and I wouldn't mind :lol

1zvr6h3.jpg

z4bau.jpg

30m7drq.jpg

19nhgo.jpg

Gah, too much gaming this weekend! I'm gonna have to handle this when I get back from work for a few before I throw in FFXIII.

C'mon GAF Team Red Suns. =P

Oneself

Mik2121 said:
Butthurt much?

The camera sucks, but shitty controls? More like shitty hands, amirite?..

:lol No seriously, I bet you haven't played a lot of racing games in your life have you? Good controls in a kart racer = the original Crash Team Racing, Super Mario Kart & Diddy Kong Racing.
Modnation just doesn't feel right and it's in part because of the shitty camera.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Framerate's a big thing for me, especially considering the existence of the ultra-smooth Trackmania. Hope it's fixed up in time.

gibration

would anyone be kind enough to get me a gamespot code? because I'm not going to be anywhere near internet access when the countdown stops. thanks.

Glitchy as fuck, framerate sucks, disconnects me randomly from time to time, but it's SO.MUCH.FUN.

The creator is awesome, the Mod and Car creators are as well, shame that we don't have all the parts yet. I can't wait for it actually. It plays good, looks good, it's just a shame that it is as steady as an early alpha build :p

Mik2121

Oneself said:
:lol No seriously, I bet you haven't played a lot of racing games in your life have you? Good controls in a kart racer = the original Crash Team Racing, Super Mario Kart & Diddy Kong Racing.
Modnation just doesn't feel right and it's in part because of the shitty camera.

I have played a lot of kart games (mostly Mario Kart series), and how does you not being able to play a kart game, translate to me not having played many kart games?

Seriously, that doesn't make any sense. I can play both Mario Kart, Didy Kong Racing and whatever kart games you want, and also Modnation. Learn to play and stop whining.

slewis7

BattleMonkey said:
People complaining are doing so in the beta forums correct? You want the devs to really see this stuff.

I am in the beta and I haven't seen any announcement yet about a special beta forum or website. I am keeping my eye on the modnations.com website hoping one opens up soon.

Mik2121

Yeah, if there's one thing that blows my mind about the things to fix in this game, it's the camera. Seriously, they've been developing this game for months, and yet nobody thought "hey, the camera might be a bit TOO low?"

tzare

why most games do not allow you to choose the external position of the cam? Should be easy to do i guess.

Oneself

Mik2121 said:
I have played a lot of kart games (mostly Mario Kart series), and how does you not being able to play a kart game, translate to me not having played many kart games?

Seriously, that doesn't make any sense. I can play both Mario Kart, Didy Kong Racing and whatever kart games you want, and also Modnation. Learn to play and stop whining.

:lol It's a fucking BETA, they WANT us to whine. I want the game to be fucking perfect, I won't get used to substandard shit because I want to love that game.

Come on!

dsigns

Banned
I got in through Qore. Didnt have time last night to make a track but I did waste about an hour just making my kart & character. That alone was alot of fun. I also drove around the modspot a little bit doing jumps and the controls felt fine to me.

Top Bottom