• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moments in sitcoms that are full fun for the writers

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I was re-watching some episodes from How I Met Your Mother yesterday, and I stepped into S06E04 - aka the episode that everyone runs with different methods to a place. Then we see this masterpiece:

Of course, the king of sitcom writing: Community. The buddycop thing with Troy and Abed always (ALWAYS) has greatness

#sixseaonsandamovie

Sitcom listing without Friends is not a good sitcom list. One of the most fun moments from the writers and actors are obviously the challenge to change apartments/get rid of the birds

Also, Chris Rock did so great with the "is she white?" thing that I'm glad is forever on TV

(they cut the video, but at the end of this scene, Rochelle says "and I hope that she is not white")

So, what great moments do you guys saw the we're just fun?

I don't know if it counts but some of that stuff with Urkel in family matters seems like they were having fun. I mean when he transforms into Bruce Lee, I lost it.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
This happens a lot in Only Fools and Horses. Honestly feels like they are just having fun. You can notice some actors breaking character because they are trying not to laugh. Great show.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Parks and Recreation is another one. I love when Aubrey Plaza is trying her best not to laugh at Chris Pratt. Just watch her here.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Parks and Recreation is another one. I love when Aubrey Plaza is trying her best not to laugh at Chris Pratt. Just watch her here.

I remember a presentation from the writers of Parks and Rec that one of them said "one of the best jokes ever was a improv from Chris Pratt, and as a writer I got mad that he did such a great joke that I din't think before" - referent to a line from Andy "I search your symptoms on the internet and it says that you may have internet connectivity problems"

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I remember a presentation from the writers of Parks and Rec that one of them said "one of the best jokes ever was a improv from Chris Pratt, and as a writer I got mad that he did such a great joke that I din't think before" - referent to a line from Andy "I search your symptoms on the internet and it says that you may have internet connectivity problems"
Andy is one of the best parts of the show. Apparently he was only meant to be a temporary character, but they liked Chris Pratt too much. He's great in that show. Just comes out with great lines, and has excellent delivery.

teezzy

Banned
The introduction, and handling, of Dawn Summers (Michelle Trachtenberg's character) on Buffy is the most brilliant instance of meta-commentary of the "Chuck Cunningham Syndrome" trope that I can think of. The way which she was weaved into the overall arc of the story as it continued is nothing short of a stroke of genius.

Without going into spoilers: they intentionally introduce a younger sibling for Buffy without acknowledging it in canon, she just sorta appeared and all the characters acted as though she had been there the whole time, until her sudden appearance becomes integral to the plot in further episodes.

I can't imagine a writers' room having more fun than that.

buffy__real_me_collage_by_chowfangirl12_d872fqx-fullview.jpg

Top Bottom