• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Money clip or wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramza

Banned
May 29, 2014
Wallet. I never carry cash anyways, so what little I do fits neatly in a wallet.

The Albatross

Apr 15, 2010
Wallet. I have nothing against money clips, but I prefer wallets. A wallet is one of the few acceptable accessories for men.

A few of my friends use money clips or some modern day slim metal equivalent.

Pankratous

Nov 12, 2013
Wallet. Why on earth would I carry that much cash and if I did, why on earth would I want to display that I am doing so.

Kraftwerk

Aug 1, 2009
Toronto
Get a money xlip only if you are a true baller and want to show off your stack of benjamins.

If you are a pleb, then just get a wallet so nobody can see your crusty $5 bills.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Jun 8, 2004
I just use a slim wallet in my front pocket. I usually don't carry much cash. Just my credit cards, drivers license, and health insurance card.

CarpeDeezNutz

Aug 24, 2012
I used to use a metal cigarette case as a wallet, lost it ages ago though. Made me look cool. Wallet is what I use now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jan 5, 2012
Netherlands
My wallet:

Contains my Debit- and Credit card, driver's license, car registration, health insurance and ID card.

Indrid Cold1

Dec 9, 2010
Slim wallet to keep my cards, driving licence, and cash in. Not baller enough to carry a money clip. Not peasant enough to carry one of those wallets that has a coin section either though.

Fuchsdh

Jan 14, 2012
USA
Wallets have far more utility, especially as I'm rarely carrying cash but need my driver's license, health insurance/car insurance cards, metro fare card, car registration all on me. I've never really understood money clips.

Josephl64

Jul 10, 2013
USA
Get a money xlip only if you are a true baller and want to show off your stack of benjamins.

If you are a pleb, then just get a wallet so nobody can see your crusty $5 bills.
pretty much, I use a wallet since all I have are $1s & mainly use card

Fliesen

Feb 18, 2014
since the smallest Euro bills are 5€, which means you use quite a lot of change if you use cash, a money clip is barely an option for many Europeans.

Mitch

Jun 26, 2013
Houston
Simple bi-fold wallet with a little clip inside, instead of a pocket for cash.

Debit, credit, DL, company Home Depot card, Best Buy rewards, AAA and health insurance. Only ever have cash once or twice a month.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Wallet. More convenient for having ID, credit cards, store reward/discount cards etc. in one place.

funkystudent

Apr 3, 2010
I dont know why but I feel the kind of person who would use a money clip would probably be a gigantic asshole.

ChrisD

May 5, 2014
At eighteen, I've only ever had two wallets. Not because I dislike them, but because they carry more sentimental value than the cash and cards inside. They are both gifts from my sister, and I don't intend on not using them any time soon.

Skellig Gra

Aug 24, 2007
Wallet, I have like 4 credit cards, ID's, multiple transit cards, health insurance cards, and like 5 bucks on me.

User 479360

Banned
Sep 9, 2014
I've never even touched a money clip. They don't interest me, or feel secure enough. It's also not my style.

I use a small wallet that carries about eight cards and money. That's pretty much all I need right now. It holds my few dollars and cards well.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Mar 17, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I tend to use a wallet during the winter when I wear a coat and can keep it in a coat pocket, and a clip during the summer when pocket space is at a premium.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Nov 29, 2006
Nothing. Living the free life. Don't like the bulkiness/weight of wallet or clip, plus it's easier just to keep it loose. CC, License and misc cards on one side, folded money in middle, work ID/pass on the opposite side.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
what do people with money clips do with the coins??

wallet for me
Huh? You put coins in your wallet?

Mine just go in a front pocket, and then in a water jug my fiancee and I put change in and take to a coinstar every few years.

Lourio

Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
Was rocking a slim wallet/money clip but have since went back to the traditional wallet. I like to have the extra room and have all my cards in one place rather than rotating cards in and out.

Edit:

From this

To something similar like this

Social

May 15, 2010
I've had the same small leather wallet for over 10 years now. Holds no coins but that doesn't bother me much. Wallet it is.

slit

Jun 3, 2009
Wallet, I don't carry much cash around with me anymore anyway, but even if I did why would I want to use a money clip? I still have to carry my drivers license, insurance cards, auto club cards, bus pass, credit cards, etc. I see no use for a money clip.

Charcoal

Feb 19, 2013
Florida
Got one of these:

Was Team Wallet for the longest time, but just got sick of it taking up so much pocket space.
I just can't see the point of clips like this. What happens if you need a certain card, and there's a huge line behind you? You have to thumb through 8-10 cards whereas you can pretty much see everything in a wallet at a glance

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Nov 10, 2004
Wallet. Feels more secure, and looks like there is less maintenance involved.

They can also hold spare change.

Status
Not open for further replies.