• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Money clip or wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which do you use/prefer?

Personally I use a money clip. Slim, quick access without having to dig through a wallet, fits nicely into my pocket

money-clip.jpg
01FJXB.jpg

Wallet. I have nothing against money clips, but I prefer wallets. A wallet is one of the few acceptable accessories for men.

A few of my friends use money clips or some modern day slim metal equivalent.

Wallet. Why on earth would I carry that much cash and if I did, why on earth would I want to display that I am doing so.

Kraftwerk

Get a money xlip only if you are a true baller and want to show off your stack of benjamins.

If you are a pleb, then just get a wallet so nobody can see your crusty $5 bills.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I just use a slim wallet in my front pocket. I usually don't carry much cash. Just my credit cards, drivers license, and health insurance card.

Aiii

So not worth it
My wallet:
clipboard01l4ubw.jpg

Contains my Debit- and Credit card, driver's license, car registration, health insurance and ID card.

Slim wallet to keep my cards, driving licence, and cash in. Not baller enough to carry a money clip. Not peasant enough to carry one of those wallets that has a coin section either though.

Fuchsdh

Wallets have far more utility, especially as I'm rarely carrying cash but need my driver's license, health insurance/car insurance cards, metro fare card, car registration all on me. I've never really understood money clips.

Fliesen

since the smallest Euro bills are 5€, which means you use quite a lot of change if you use cash, a money clip is barely an option for many Europeans.

Mitch

Banned
Simple bi-fold wallet with a little clip inside, instead of a pocket for cash.

Debit, credit, DL, company Home Depot card, Best Buy rewards, AAA and health insurance. Only ever have cash once or twice a month.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Wallet. More convenient for having ID, credit cards, store reward/discount cards etc. in one place.

ChrisD

At eighteen, I've only ever had two wallets. Not because I dislike them, but because they carry more sentimental value than the cash and cards inside. They are both gifts from my sister, and I don't intend on not using them any time soon.

I've never even touched a money clip. They don't interest me, or feel secure enough. It's also not my style.

I use a small wallet that carries about eight cards and money. That's pretty much all I need right now. It holds my few dollars and cards well.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I tend to use a wallet during the winter when I wear a coat and can keep it in a coat pocket, and a clip during the summer when pocket space is at a premium.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Nothing. Living the free life. Don't like the bulkiness/weight of wallet or clip, plus it's easier just to keep it loose. CC, License and misc cards on one side, folded money in middle, work ID/pass on the opposite side.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
what do people with money clips do with the coins??

wallet for me

Huh? You put coins in your wallet?

Mine just go in a front pocket, and then in a water jug my fiancee and I put change in and take to a coinstar every few years.

Lourio

Was rocking a slim wallet/money clip but have since went back to the traditional wallet. I like to have the extra room and have all my cards in one place rather than rotating cards in and out.

Edit:

From this
41V0e2N%2B8qL.jpg

To something similar like this
men-leather-wallet-small_3710.jpg

Social

I've had the same small leather wallet for over 10 years now. Holds no coins but that doesn't bother me much. Wallet it is.

slit

Wallet, I don't carry much cash around with me anymore anyway, but even if I did why would I want to use a money clip? I still have to carry my drivers license, insurance cards, auto club cards, bus pass, credit cards, etc. I see no use for a money clip.

Huh? You put coins in your wallet?

Mine just go in a front pocket, and then in a water jug my fiancee and I put change in and take to a coinstar every few years.

yeah, my wallet keeps everything that would go in my pockets like id, debit cards, emergency numbers, business cards, driver's licence, notes, and coins of course

Charcoal

Got one of these:

Was Team Wallet for the longest time, but just got sick of it taking up so much pocket space.
I just can't see the point of clips like this. What happens if you need a certain card, and there's a huge line behind you? You have to thumb through 8-10 cards whereas you can pretty much see everything in a wallet at a glance

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Wallet. Feels more secure, and looks like there is less maintenance involved.

They can also hold spare change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom