• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft 3DS concept art revealed

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
trees look like something out of Mortal Kombat.

They look a bit friendly for that:

mortal_kombat_living_5furg.png

Looks intriguing. What was the last game from this particular team, btw?

This is the Kyoto team. They are brand new (18 months old) and have yet to release a game. Honne is there (he drew the artwork), while Takahashi stayed at Tokyo.

Where does it say its related to 3DS?

The Kyoto team was specifically said to be developing a 3DS project from their inception. It's just an assumption as this is an ad for designers for the Kyoto team.

This is the Kyoto team. They are brand new (18 months old) and have yet to release a game. Honne is there (he drew the artwork), while Takahashi stayed at Tokyo.

The Kyoto team was specifically said to be developing a 3DS project from their inception. It's just an assumption as this is an ad for designers for the Kyoto team.

Yeah, that's what I thought. So this is a new project from Honne (Baten Kaitos) then?

Is it possible that both of Honne's art pieces are from the same game? Could show a different location so one is more fairy tale-esc, another that's more fantasy?

Aeana

Is it possible that both of Honne's art pieces are from the same game? Could show a different location so one is more fairy tale-esc, another that's more fantasy?

It's possible that it isn't for a game at all, but rather just to draw in interested parties for the position.

That kind of fantasy is something I would love to see on 3DS.

It seems Nintendo is giving a lot more credibility to Monolith, and this makes me happy, because I have the feeling that with the right resourse they could really deliver.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Looks neat. Hope it releases outside of Japan. Didn't Nintendo say they were planning to release more titles world wide rather than just Japan?

Zenaku

Well someone made project cross zone, so I assume they can carry out three projects at once.

Probably more. They began working on Xenoblade early 2007, while still working on Soma Bringer and Disaster, with Soma Bringer and Mugen Frontier launching early 2008. Now they have an extra team in Kyoto they should be able to work on at least 4, assuming they're not moving resources over to X.

Top Bottom