• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft Kyoto opens separate website, twitter account

Grylvak

A quick google translate from the twitter/website makes it seems that the site is to hire people. I'm pretty excited honestly if true.

anaron

A quick google translate from the twitter/website makes it seems that the site is to hire people. I'm pretty excited honestly if true.
the twitter translate is pretty shitty but it said "website teaser" so here's hoping.

ETA: as translated horribly through Twitter Bing lol

"@(null): Monolith soft Kyoto Studios adopted a teaser site was opened (be ▽')-

Ōkami

Something like "Monolith Studios Kyoto recruitment teaser site released ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ"

Moe info coming in July apparently.

Vena

Ōkami;208284585 said:
Something like "Monolith Studios Kyoto recruitment teaser site released ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ"

Moe info coming in July apparently.

Moe is invading Monolith now too?

anaron

Ōkami;208285308 said:
Remember, the Kyoto team is the one who assists Nintendo's internal teams, they're yet to make a game on their own.
Well aware of their position hence the hesitation, but it seems different this time.

MomoQca

I love how the company continues to grow. I look forward to whatever they bring whether it's a new project or not. I'm also excited for the inevitable sequel to XCX from the main studio. ;)

anaron

It's a much bigger Zelda game than A Link Between Worlds!
seems odd to build up a new site, twitter and Facebook account to tease anything about working on a Zelda game that's already long into development.

where's duckroll to crush our dreams?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Ōkami;208285308 said:
Remember, the Kyoto team is the one who assists Nintendo's internal teams, they're yet to make a game on their own.

They are an asset studio that assists Nintendo and Monolith on the visual end. They are hiring - VERY CONSERVATIVELY. They have a small office and a dedicated agenda.

Ridley327

I wonder what the full website will look like then. A bit underwhelming if it's just a recruitment website.

How quickly we forget the last time they did recruitment for what wound up being asset assistance:
original.jpg

DJIzana

I *REALLY* hope this means we can see a teaser for the next Xenoblade X game or whatever game they choose to make, when they launch the NX. Would be a dream come true, for me.

TheMoon

Ōkami;208285308 said:

inb4 they post recruitment artwork and people refer to that as "omg where dat new MLS game at!!!" for years again -.-

Monolith expanding would be great.

MonolithSoft! Monolith are the guys in the US who made F.E.A.R. etc...^^

duckroll

?

are you being cryptic, are you trolling, or is there some kind of joke I don't understand? :(

Guy makes thread about something that probably isn't very interesting. Uses machine translation to get hyped up. Is told that it's just a recruitment site. Tries to hype himself up to believe there has to be more to it. Summons me to come and laugh at him. So I come... and laugh at him? Not sure it needs much explaining! :p

anaron

Guy makes thread about something that probably isn't very interesting. Uses machine translation to get hyped up. Is told that it's just a recruitment site. Tries to hype himself up to believe there has to be more to it. Summons me to come and laugh at him. So I come... and laugh at him? Not sure it needs much explaining! :p

pretty much. LOL

Yeah, just a recruitment site. Now, iirc, the Kyoto Team did some press a couple of years back on having strict rules about work hours -that is they had to go home at 5 or 6pm and have personal lives as opposed to ... most other Japanese companies. Other than that, they're just art, design, and assets for EAD or whatever it is now called, much like 1-UP Studio in Tokyo. Maybe if they started hiring programmers or something you could possibly be working on their own game, but their purpose seems pretty clear at this point.

Top Bottom