Monolithsoft update coming soon?

#1
http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/job.html

A few days ago they added new available job postings, and state that they're urgently seeking a web designer to maintain and plan their homepage. Could this mean that they're planning to revamp it soon with actual content? This has been the most productive year for Monolithsoft ever, and the first productive year since Nintendo bought them over - by the end of this month Monolithsoft will have released 3 titles in Japan this year, meaning that every game previously announced will have been released. Time for major announcements maybe? :D
 
#9
Sadist said:
Come on epic rpg by Monolith...

Who owns the Baten Kaitos IP right now though?
Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are both Namco Bandai IPs. But SRW OG Saga was published by Namco Bandai too, so it's not like Monolithsoft is unable to continue working with them, even under Nintendo now. I'm sure it limits the systems they can support though.
 
#22
While I loved BKO, im not sure I would want a BK3. Aside from the dark brethren there isnt really anything left to do a story on in that world. If they try a BK3 the story would be completely pulled out of their ass :/
The battle system with the Wiimote would be cool though
 

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
#30
RaidenZR said:
Matsuno is definitely still there, right?

If so, whatever he's doing has me interested.
Matsuno was never confirmed to be at Monolith Soft, that was all rumors and speculation.
 
#32
RaidenZR said:
Matsuno is definitely still there, right?

If so, whatever he's doing has me interested.
We have absolutely no idea where Matsuno is. When Nintendo quoted him in 2006, they didn't mention a studio. And I believe we haven't heard or seen anything since.
 
#33
wsippel said:
We have absolutely no idea where Matsuno is. When Nintendo quoted him in 2006, they didn't mention a studio. And I believe we haven't heard or seen anything since.
Ah, crud. Well I hope he's still doing something significant somehwere. Was a damn shame that Square Enix gave him the boot after he gave them so many good products.
 
#34
I think at this point pretty much all Matsuno rumors have been some what proven wrong by time.

I mean no matter what he was working on (if he was working on anything), there would have been some type of news about it by now. This guy has pretty much fell off the face of the earth. FFXII really did a number on him.
 

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
#35
Jaded Alyx said:
How long have you been waiting to use that joke? :p
Believe it or not, it I just thought of it when I saw the comments about not knowing their next game. Believe me, I want to see something good from them and Nintendo, more in the traditional sense. :)



!!!

Please tell me this was released stateside!! ;__;
 
#37
vanguardian1 said:
Believe it or not, it I just thought of it when I saw the comments about not knowing their next game. Believe me, I want to see something good from them and Nintendo, more in the traditional sense. :)



!!!

Please tell me this was released stateside!! ;__;
Nope.

We'll never get it due to licensing issues.
 
#38
ccbfan said:
I think at this point pretty much all Matsuno rumors have been some what proven wrong by time.

I mean no matter what he was working on (if he was working on anything), there would have been some type of news about it by now. This guy has pretty much fell off the face of the earth. FFXII really did a number on him.
The bolded is actual a supporting point for him working at Nintendo. Cause Nintendo wont tell you shit about what he or any one is doing till it is revealed . . . and just look at how many games they have revealed to be coming in 09. . .
(Didn't he confirm himself to be "working on the Wii"? )

The best rumor I heard about him (from a rumor reporter guy who actually got some interesting stuff correct before he passed away) came about before Nintendo took on their new gameplan (and before D Day was delayed) which would explain the "rumor" being spun around on it's head.
 
#40
duckroll said:
Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are both Namco Bandai IPs. But SRW OG Saga was published by Namco Bandai too, so it's not like Monolithsoft is unable to continue working with them, even under Nintendo now. I'm sure it limits the systems they can support though.
While Namco retained a small shareholding in Monolith when they sold the majority to Nintendo, it was Nintendo which published Baten Kaitos 2 (aka Baten Kaitos Origins) even before they acquired Monolith. And Namco cancelled the development of Baten Kaitos DS (at that time being internally developed and not by Monolith) before selling the company.

I would hazard a guess that Monolith (in other words Nintendo) owns the Baten Kaitos IP? But surely there has to be an interview where this issue was addressed, seeing as the Baten Kaitos series has many fans and was very popular with those who bought it. So someone must have asked the question by now of who exactly owns the property.
 
#41
Boerseun said:
While Namco retained a small shareholding in Monolith when they sold the majority to Nintendo, it was Nintendo which published Baten Kaitos 2 (aka Baten Kaitos Origins) even before they acquired Monolith. And Namco cancelled the development of Baten Kaitos DS (at that time being internally developed and not by Monolith) before selling the company.

I would hazard a guess that Monolith (in other words Nintendo) owns the Baten Kaitos IP? But surely there has to be an interview where this issue was addressed, seeing as the Baten Kaitos series has many fans and was very popular with those who bought it. So someone must have asked the question by now of who exactly owns the property.
Nope. Namco Bandai owns the Baten Kaitos rights. It's very clear really. They own the copyright and the trademark on all related BK products, even BK2.

Edit: You can see it on the old BK2 official site here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gk4j/index.html
 
#42
duckroll said:
Nope. Namco Bandai owns the Baten Kaitos rights. It's very clear really. They own the copyright and the trademark on all related BK products, even BK2.
I'm not arguing with you; however, I think it's noteworthy to point out that Baten Kaitos Origins is listed under published Nintendo games in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, while titles that they've published but do not own the properties of - or no longer own the properties of - are not listed, such as: Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES), Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Perfect Dark, among others.