• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

The battle interface basically looks just like Xenoblade's.

As for not calling it Xenoblade 2, there could be multiple reasons. Spin-off. Prequel. Just dont want to go the boring #'d route.

ACTUAL XENOBLADE SPOILERS:

The fact that the Monado no longer exists? There no longer *is* a Xenoblade.

Conor 419

Banned
Actually, I think the splash of blood you see in the background comes from the second monster. The targetted monster is not only squashing you, but also the other monster. :eek:

We know Monsters can hurt eachother, the large one that performs the tail whip damages the smaller one, in that other scene.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
by copying skyrim, they meant the colour palette

I hope not. Like I said, it wouldn't bother me in another game, but here the lack of vibrancy bothers me the most. I hope it's just this trailer and not indicative of the game as a whole, but even if it is I won't cry about it.

IMBored

Jus noticed one thing, why don't they use the gamepad to put the huge chat log. Off-TV play is nice but really, in this situation, removing the minimap and chat log would be much better.

Woooooooo yeah!!!

There's tons of stuff happening in the trailers that I'm struggling to comprehend.

However I think I saw an "Aura" skill like the ones from Xenoblade somewhere in there.

Conor 419

Banned
I hope not. Like I said, it wouldn't bother me in another game, but here the lack of vibrancy bothers me the most. I hope it's just this trailer and not indicative of the game as a whole, but even if it is I won't cry about it.

It's likely just the trailer.

I really think it's Xenoblade sequel with optional co-op. Since the party attack is still in the game(which doesn't make sense for multiplayer).

8eesLrs.jpg

I really like the Xenoblade Icons better, the interface needs a change

How long have they been working on this game? And how long do you guys think they need to take it to Xenoblade quality without missing a level as the one the fans know about?

Also this world is dark, so the icons are dark but really Xenoblade's UI looks better

My take on this is this is Xenoblade 2 but thousands of years later I can see some rocks in the distance that look just like
"Bionis' Shoulder"
level in this trailer
Shulk being a God or Not could have lived that long and had to watch his loved ones die over the years, maybe that turned him dark / or maybe Shulk still lives in the same area we saw in the ending of Xenoblade but had to return to Bionis to fight off some new evil and this is what the dead Bionis looks like... less green less color

this is just my guess as a fan. At least we have a way to move around the world much faster now.

Sophia

It's already being localized, why would they show it on English Nintendo direct.

Might I remind people that Xenoblade was originally shown off at E3 with a tentative title too. :p

Not quite the same scenario anymore, but still, don't believe it completely until you see a release date.

I really like the Xenoblade Icons better, the interface needs a change

How long have they been working on this game? And how long do you guys think they need to take it to Xenoblade quality without missing a level as the one the fans know about?

Also this world is dark, so the icons are dark but really Xenoblade's UI looks better

My take on this is this is Xenoblade 2 but thousands of years later I can see some rocks in the distance that look just like
"Bionis' Shoulder"
level in this trailer
Shulk being a God or Not could have lived that long and had to watch his loved ones die over the years, maybe that turned him dark / or maybe Shulk still lives in the same area we saw in the ending of Xenoblade but had to return to Bionis to fight off some new evil and this is what the dead Bionis looks like... less green less color

this is just my guess as a fan. At least we have a way to move around the world much faster now.

The interface is definitely a placeholder.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Might I remind people that Xenoblade was originally shown off at E3 with a tentative title too. :p

Not quite the same scenario anymore, but still, don't believe it completely until you see a release date.

While I was thinking the same thing, it looks like they're putting more money into this game than Xenoblade. I would assume they're doing so because they're expecting to sell it in the west as well.

Not that I'm going to take any chances. Japanese Wii U and copy of the game for me.

AzaK

Is there any High Quality footage of this? I had to youtube it this morning when I got up and it's hard to see the visuals.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I had to look up Hiroyuki Sawano up and found out that he composed for Taiyou no Uta which had one of my favorite soundtracks for a TV Drama; are there any other standout examples of his work anyone could recommend?

skypunch

Banned
Another thing I noticed, at 0:45 when the dino stomps the ground, the player falls over and your teammate falls off the dino's back. So, looks like you might have to use a mixture of close range and far range attacks to defeat certain enemies. So much depth already! Love it.

Semajer

I was a bit worried that it would look kinda assy, like Xenoblade was in order to have such a huge world, and after hearing about how Japanese companies have struggled with HD development.

It looks fantastic. My wallet is already open to hand out whatever price they set for this.

Alrus

It wasn't really "shown". It was a trailer on their press site. Afaik there was nothing in the booths, or during their conference. Nothing like what was done for this game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I do hope they change in this game is the battle music transitioning. I didn't like that in Xenoblade it basically just abruptly changed from what was usually a nice field theme to the blah battle theme, then back. I'd rather the battle themes add a layer of intensity to the field themes that could fade in and out as battles start and end.

Would work a lot better especially for areas like the final dungeon, where the intensity was really hurt by the battle theme constantly breaking up the urgent area theme.

I can't wait for the steady stream of comments to discredit this being proof of anything

"Look how empty those fields are! Clearly the Wii U wasn't strong enough to support more!"
"Lol, only a single mech on screen? Obviously the CPU couldn't handle more"

flyover

Can we get some armor that doesn't look like complete shit in this one? I felt like, whenever I got new armor in Xenoblade, I groaned every single time. Somehow they looked dumber and dumber with each upgrade.

Stupid sexy Speed Armor.

(Seriously, though... While I didn't mind some of the silly armor, the gratuitous boob exposure and jiggle physics -- while not unique to this game -- were embarrassing. Probably my biggest complaint about what otherwise may be my favorite game of all time.)

All over my manboobs. Now the waiting game begins. I don't regret getting a Wii U launch as much now after Nintendo Direct. But this won't be out for a while...

Forget the character's face designs.

Can we get some armor that doesn't look like complete shit in this one? I felt like, whenever I got new armor in Xenoblade, I groaned every single time. Somehow they looked dumber and dumber with each upgrade.

You mean you didn't like the armor designs that looked like someone drank several paint cans and vomited on the models?

Xenoblade has to be the weirdest mix in design I've ever seen. Characters and armor were just simply disgustingly bad. A nonsensical and tasteless mix of awfull, but on the other hand some of the Mech and natural designs, areas and backdrop designs were masterfully done, both from aknowledging the Wiis technical limitations, as well as from a purely visionary point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom