Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore
#1

◆ OFFICIAL SITE
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

Title Monster Hunter 3 Tri
Genre Hunting Action
Developer Capcom
Platform Wii
Release Date Set to release in 2009
Price TBA

◆ TOWNS - Desert Village (Online Lobby most probably) Water Village (Offline)


◆ NEW FIELD - Solitary Island


◆ NEW MONSTERS - Sea Dragon (Crocodile + Sea Serpent) and a new species (Dilophosaurus)


◆ GAME LOGO


◆ SCREENS







- High-res + New Screens here (Updated 3rd Oct 08, credits to Lee N and Endless)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13063509&posted=1#post13063509


◆ VIDEOS
Varous TGS 2008 Videos (Updated 11th Oct 08)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13164666#post13164666

- Nintendo Conference Video (Updated 2nd Oct 08)
Here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337288

Or Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exWWQ1KE5Qo

- Video (Updated 28th Sep 08)
http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13210_monster-hunter-3-tri-new-video.html

- Old Video and Screen
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26222.html
http://recensioni-videogiochi.dvd.it/images/Monster_Hunter_3_Wii/monster_hunter_3_wii-1-m.jpg

◆ CONTROLS (Updated 9th Oct 08)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13144609#post13144609
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/page08.html

◆ MISC
TGS 2008 Stuff (Updated 9th Oct 08)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335710&page=8

- Famitsu Interview Translation (Credits to Hero of Legend!)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12868600#post12868600

- Monster Hunter Unveiled - IGN
http://wii.ign.com/articles/910/910744p1.html

I will do all updates of MH3 Tri here, please don't troll in here thank you. Also do feel free to contribute:)

* New post are in red
 

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Nov 8, 2005
5,236
0
0
#10
Wow! :D With this and MadWorld I think 3rd party Wii games could be salvaged!

I can't wait for Tri... I don't care what system it's on, it's just I'm gonna have to convince a couple of mates to get Wiis. I wonder how multiplayer/online stuff will be handled...
 
Oct 18, 2007
6,102
0
0
#12
Ugh too many cool games on the horizon, they need to get here NOW D:
Tenbatsu said:
Its funny, 2ch people are predicting that MHP3 will be for the next DS....
2009 - MH3 Wii
2010 - MHP3 New DS
Bitter tears worse than TvC if true. But not quite DQ IX level probably.
 
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
#14
Looks very promising. One of my most wanted games for sure :D

Tenbatsu said:
Its funny, 2ch people are predicting that MHP3 will be for the next DS....
2009 - MH3 Wii
2010 - MHP3 New DS
The winner takes it all. ;)
2010 seems too early for Nintendos next handheld. Nintendo DS hardware sales are great so there´s no reason to (especially in USA and Europe). But I´m sure that Nintendos next handheld will get a Monster Hunter because there just isn´t a reason not to. That the next handheld might be a "portable Wii" in the graphic apartment so it would be easy-money to just port it over won´t hurt to greenlight such a project. In my opinion this would be a bit more likely
end 2009/march 2010 Monster Hunter 3 (Wii)
end 2011 Monster Hunter 3p (next handheld)
 
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
#20
Hive said:
that's what I'm waiting for! ^^
We know it's gonna' happen, and it's going to be unreal~

It depends if there´s a contract between Nintendo and Capcom for MH3 and what it says. At the moment it seems more likely that the PSP will get "SuperMH2turbo" next year or early 2010 before it gets to the next number.
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#21
Laguna said:
It depends if there´s a contract between Nintendo and Capcom for MH3 and what it says. At the moment it seems more likely that the PSP will get "SuperMH2turbo" next year or early 2010 before it gets to the next number.
If there is a MH DS, Capcom would have to change the controls due to lack of analog stick.

And no,most likely there won't be a iteration of MHP2G for next year or any year. Adding new monsters(most likely monsters from MHFrontier) won't just cut it.
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#26
Laguna said:
How about using the D-pad ;) It seems that you don´t know that 2chan were NOT talking about NintendoDS.
Don't know, don't care. I'm just making a what if statement. If they are were to use Dpad,then what would happen to the camera since it uses Dpad? If seems like you don't know monster hunter enough? ;)

Mdk7 said:
I'm still hoping for the lock-on to be put in game... That would make MH soooo much playable IMHO.
It would make the game unplayable and many would refused to play it, how are you gonna break monster parts or hit it's weak part with lock on?. Now fuck off with your dumb hopes.
 

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Feb 16, 2007
17,255
0
0
Silent Hill
www.jocchan.com
#28
Defuser said:
Don't know, don't care. I'm just making a what if statement. If they are were to use Dpad,then what would happen to the camera since it uses Dpad? If seems like you don't know monster hunter enough? ;)


It would make the game unplayable and many would refused to play it. Now fuck off with your dumb hopes.
Touch screen for camera movement. See? It's not that hard :p
Not that I'd like MH to have a DS iteration (PSP or new handhelds would fit it better), it's just to say there's always a way to port games to other hardware.
Always.
 

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Feb 16, 2007
17,255
0
0
Silent Hill
www.jocchan.com
#31
Defuser said:
You never play MH do you?
You didn't get my point: I wasn't arguing nothing in the gameplay would change (I also said MH wouldn't fit the DS and I'd rather have it on PSP or newer handhelds).
I was just saying there's always a way to adapt a game to another machine.
If you can't keep it the same, you change it to make it fit better (see Dead Rising for Wii, they obviously couldn't make it the same as the 360 version and they changed the whole gameplay
not accidentally, you meme lovers
).
 
May 4, 2008
3,863
2
785
#33
Tenbatsu said:
I will do all updates of MH3 Tri here, please don't troll in here thank you. Also do feel free to contribute:)
Cool!!! Sounds great!!

But uhh.. wouldn't that make this more like a MH3 "Catch all" type thread moreso than a "Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Up" one?

Not trying to be a wise-ass here, but I'm just saying...
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#35
MightyKAC said:
Cool!!! Sounds great!!

But uhh.. wouldn't that make this more like a MH3 "Catch all" type thread moreso than a "Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Up" one?

Not trying to be a wise-ass here, but I'm just saying...
Not really,any website updated related he would post it here while the rest of the info that got reveal in mags or events is posted in their respective mag/event threads. Same thing happened for MHP2G
 
Dec 4, 2006
8,066
0
0
#36
Defuser said:
It would make the game unplayable and many would refused to play it, how are you gonna break monster parts or hit it's weak part with lock on?. Now fuck off with your dumb hopes.
Well I haven't played MH but a lock-on could work like in MP3 - you just lock the camera, not the crosshair, that way you can still aim but don't have to worry about adjusting the camera.
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#38
Phife Dawg said:
Well I haven't played MH but a lock-on could work like in MP3 - you just lock the camera, not the crosshair, that way you can still aim but don't have to worry about adjusting the camera.
If they could that,they would have done it long time ago. Having a free camera is a good advantage for those who know how to use it. If they have lock a camera,how would players know whether there's a ledge nearby to escape or there's other monsters attacking you?

Not to be rude but if you never play then don't post things that make a fool out of yourself.
 
May 4, 2008
3,863
2
785
#39
Defuser said:
Not really,any website updated related he would post it here while the rest of the info that got reveal in mags or events is posted in their respective mag/event threads. Same thing happened for MHP2G

Ahhh.... gotcha. Thanks for the clear up.
 
Dec 4, 2006
8,066
0
0
#40
Defuser said:
If they could that,they would have done it long time ago. Having a free camera is a good advantage for those who know how to use it.

Not to be rude but if you never play then don't post things that make a fool out of yourself.
Uh, don't be so rude, you hurt me :lol . It was just food for thought, no need to get excited. But it seems you haven't played MP3. With traditional controls this wouldn't make sense of course, you'd also know that this is optional.
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#42
Phife Dawg said:
Uh, don't be so rude, you hurt me :lol . It was just food for thought, no need to get excited. But it seems you haven't played MP3. With traditional controls this wouldn't make sense of course, you'd also know that this is optional.
I'm just sick of people talking things about MH like they're masters when they never play before.

I know traditional controls can changed but not the camera since it gives lots of advantage. Having camera lock is not an option,that's just my take but I'm sure some MH players would share the same view.
 
Jun 5, 2004
15,259
0
0
#43
Still not sure how I feel about MH3 Wii. I mean, I'm still tempted to just wait for the inevitable MHF3 for PSP, as I can take that anywhere I go (horrible loading aside). I suppose it depends if Capcom actually has an online mode outside of Japan.

Of course, I'm absolutely positive there won't be local multiplayer (two people on the same Wii/TV). Which will really suck, as that is how I normally play MHF2.
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#45
Dragona Akehi said:
Still not sure how I feel about MH3 Wii. I mean, I'm still tempted to just wait for the inevitable MHF3 for PSP, as I can take that anywhere I go (horrible loading aside).
Get MHP2G,it has media install.Loads just as fast as a ISO running on the MS and you don't have to press select to view,it automatically loads it up for you to see right away.

solid2snake said:
gorgeous, just gorgeous. should be a mega-seller in nippon, but i hope Capcom will bring it to the west. will be my first MH :D
How about you watch some videos to prepare yourself on how to play the game.

My all time favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLi1oNJiyXk
 

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Apr 19, 2007
3,812
0
0
#46
Speaking of controls, I'm not sure what we should expect out of the underwater sections. If they add a 3rd degree of movement (up/down) and expect us to also handle the camera, it'll get pretty messy. I do expect some sort of auto-focus camera, at least in the underwater sections.
 
Jun 17, 2004
1,020
0
0
Paris
#47
solid2snake said:
gorgeous, just gorgeous. should be a mega-seller in nippon, but i hope Capcom will bring it to the west. will be my first MH :D
I read about the PSP versions huge successes, but was it a big hit on PS2? I have the feeling it will be like pokemon games, big on handhelds, not so much on home console : I don't think MH3 will be a million seller in japan....
 
Sep 23, 2006
22,394
0
0
Singapore
#50
Mojojo said:
I read about the PSP versions huge successes, but was it a big hit on PS2? I have the feeling it will be like pokemon games, big on handhelds, not so much on home console : I don't think MH3 will be a million seller in japan....
MH2 did around 500k which is quite good.
solid2snake said:
looks like Phantasy Star Online, but only the loading times are bad.
It may look like but this one actually requires skill,know where to hit a weak spot for massive damage or hit enough to cut a part off,you just can't blindy attack. Now you know why I make a big fuss about lock on because it's a stupid thing and nooby.