Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Jun 8, 2009
216
0
0
:lol @ "being frank" about wii's graphics and the wii-mote

And 0_o @ nintendo letting the dev team of MH3 deciding on important things (eg position of analogue stick) of the classic controller pro

And I'm quite interested in the new material that is used to make the black wii. The fact that 'the material that satisify the standard of nintendo didn't exist in the world' and they spent 2 years and a half to develope this new material makes me really curious...
 
Dec 9, 2008
5,849
0
0
Mugaaz said:
If you enjoy games like Demon Souls or King's Field then you'll enjoy playing this game solo as well (though you may not actually enjoy the game). Most people don't enjoy playing solo because the difficulty is very high (or more accurately the margin of error is very low due to limited resources and damage). A lot of people really enjoy the single player, but this is not normal for people that aren't hardcore. The biggest problem with solo play in MH is that the top tier monsters are typically online only and to face them online require you to complete most of the online content. So if you end up playing single player you finish all of the non epic bosses, have the second best tier of gear and are done unless you now go online and grind from bottom to top again without payoff until you reach the new content.

Also, there are no classes or even roles. Where is this stuff coming from? Some weapons require more skill to use without being killed, that's about it. On the low end of the skill spectrum is guns and SnS, then GS/Duals, then everything else. Don't take the word skill to deeply, I just mean that it's much easier to avoid getting hit with the lesser skill weapons, that's it. Usually the weapons on the lower skill end do less DPS in normal situations, but there are notable exceptions.
Thanks for the detailed information! I haven't played Demons Soul's or King's Field, so I can't compare (although I plan on purchasing Demons Soul's when it comes out for the PS3 later this year). I really do want to play MH3, it looks awesome. So do you build your character similar to like a MMORPG? Does it have RPG elements?
 
Jul 22, 2004
169
0
0
You can customize you character but it doesn't level up... well you gain new ranks but it will only unlock new quests, the whole game can be resumed to this:

Accept Quest > kill Monster > Carve Materials from monster > Make New Weapon & Armour > Repeat.
 

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
May 28, 2009
4,155
0
0
Hobbun said:
Thanks for the detailed information! I haven't played Demons Soul's or King's Field, so I can't compare (although I plan on purchasing Demons Soul's when it comes out for the PS3 later this year). I really do want to play MH3, it looks awesome. So do you build your character similar to like a MMORPG? Does it have RPG elements?
Your characters don't actually level up. Things like Health Increase and Stamina Increase are temporary and can last the entirety of one mission if at best through means such as eating meat, taking crafted potions, or eating a meal that specifically gives bonuses. It's not like an RPG where you can level up specific stats, as somebody mentioned prior, Monster Hunter is essentially an action game. The only thing that'll increase is your skill, and the equipment that you use.
 
May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore
marc1988 said:
Hey i'm new on this forum, but i've got a intresting question about that new classic controller.

It was rumored that the classic controller pro did have rumble, is that true? Also does it work with games that work with the original classic controller?
No rumble, and yes the game will work with the original classic controller.

More pics of the game package:
 

marc1988

Neo Member
Apr 25, 2009
9
0
0
Tenbatsu said:
No rumble, and yes the game will work with the original classic controller.

More pics of the game package:
mm strange that nintendo didnt go all the way and included rumble. Does the pro controller feel any better than the original? and could you post some more pics of it.

thanks in advance.
 
May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore
thefro said:
DQ9 was the first, this is the 2nd.
Playmaker was the first.

marc1988 said:
mm strange that nintendo didnt go all the way and included rumble. Does the pro controller feel any better than the original? and could you post some more pics of it.

thanks in advance.
This is not taken by me:(

Date: August 19th - 26th
Event: Famitsu Event quest.
Hunter Rank: HR18

You can get MH3 X Enterbrain gunlance type lance in this quest.
 

why is this going to take so long to translate! so cruel of Capcom Its not like theres even that much text.

Im half tempted to just buy it in Japanese and mash my way through having no idea what's going on :lol

The wii mote setup wasnt to bad when I played the demo as I dont have a GC one to try it but the new controller looks pretty nice might have to pick that up aswell.
 
Jan 13, 2009
110
0
0
Johnlenham said:

why is this going to take so long to translate! so cruel of Capcom Its not like theres even that much text.

Im half tempted to just buy it in Japanese and mash my way through having no idea what's going on :lol

The wii mote setup wasnt to bad when I played the demo as I dont have a GC one to try it but the new controller looks pretty nice might have to pick that up aswell.
I'm right there with you.

It's going to be agonizing waiting and watching vids for the next 6-8 months
 
May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore
MotherFan said:
Are there any rough translations of what was in the Iwata Asks section? I am really interested this.
Rough Summary
semiregular said:
:lol @ "being frank" about wii's graphics and the wii-mote

And 0_o @ nintendo letting the dev team of MH3 deciding on important things (eg position of analogue stick) of the classic controller pro

And I'm quite interested in the new material that is used to make the black wii. The fact that 'the material that satisify the standard of nintendo didn't exist in the world' and they spent 2 years and a half to develope this new material makes me really curious...
1 Fucking Day!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/movie4.html

Hunter Note Introduction
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/intro6.html
 
Johnlenham said:

why is this going to take so long to translate! so cruel of Capcom Its not like theres even that much text.

Im half tempted to just buy it in Japanese and mash my way through having no idea what's going on :lol
Seriously its not like it should take that long to translate the quest description screens. Hell even the Quest Completed, Quest Failed and other text is in English.

The wii mote setup wasnt to bad when I played the demo as I dont have a GC one to try it but the new controller looks pretty nice might have to pick that up aswell.
You are missing out if you do not play it with the classic controller, it is awesome that way.
 
Jun 17, 2004
1,020
0
0
Paris
semiregular said:
And I'm quite interested in the new material that is used to make the black wii. The fact that 'the material that satisify the standard of nintendo didn't exist in the world' and they spent 2 years and a half to develope this new material makes me really curious...
Gaf exclusive, Iwata's secret room at Nintendo's HQ :

 
Sep 14, 2006
2,502
0
0
Kotaku's running a story about freeze bugs, but I just went to Justin.tv where the story originated and spoke to the guys playing it for the stream, and who knows what was wrong with his Wii but he said his system was having boot-up failures and then freezing in game. So, it appears to be nothing to do with the game.
 
Aug 9, 2006
19,682
0
0
I saw the Black Wii display model (As well as CCP, Wiimote and Nunchaku) at Yodobashi today. MOTHER OF GOD they are sexy. I don't know what this new wonder plastic is but it's like looking into a solid oil slick. It's blacker then any piece of electronics I've ever seen and really shiny. Definately raises the bar on what good electronics should look like. It's one of those things that probably can't be completely brought out in pictures.
 
Jun 8, 2009
216
0
0
swerve said:
Kotaku's running a story about freeze bugs, but I just went to Justin.tv where the story originated and spoke to the guys playing it for the stream, and who knows what was wrong with his Wii but he said his system was having boot-up failures and then freezing in game. So, it appears to be nothing to do with the game.
I was reading a taiwanese message board, a bunch of them got the game early and are playing the game for a day already. No one mentioned anything about freezing at all, so that kinda confirms the game itself doesn't have this problem.
 
Somnid said:
I saw the Black Wii display model (As well as CCP, Wiimote and Nunchaku) at Yodobashi today. MOTHER OF GOD they are sexy. I don't know what this new wonder plastic is but it's like looking into a solid oil slick. It's blacker then any piece of electronics I've ever seen and really shiny. Definately raises the bar on what good electronics should look like. It's one of those things that probably can't be completely brought out in pictures.
Iwata said it took them like 2 years to develop that black plastic, wonder what is so different about it but it looks really nice!
 
Oct 6, 2008
2,580
0
0
markatisu said:
Iwata said it took them like 2 years to develop that black plastic, wonder what is so different about it but it looks really nice!
Wow 2 years to make that black plastic color???

I really cant wait to get one
so i can fill the urge to leave my finger prints on it
 
Oct 12, 2007
22,075
0
0
United States
Damn it, Capcom. Just feed the game through Google's translator and ship it to the States. We don't need a good translation - I just want the game.

EDIT: As for the 'Iwata Asks,' my Japanese is extremely base since leaving the country but ... this '笑' means 'laughs,' doesn't it?
 
May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore
Somnid said:
I saw the Black Wii display model (As well as CCP, Wiimote and Nunchaku) at Yodobashi today. MOTHER OF GOD they are sexy. I don't know what this new wonder plastic is but it's like looking into a solid oil slick. It's blacker then any piece of electronics I've ever seen and really shiny. Definately raises the bar on what good electronics should look like. It's one of those things that probably can't be completely brought out in pictures.
:O Cant wait to get mine on Monday!

Some new screens
 
Jun 7, 2004
6,007
0
0
semiregular said:
:lol @ "being frank" about wii's graphics and the wii-mote

And 0_o @ nintendo letting the dev team of MH3 deciding on important things (eg position of analogue stick) of the classic controller pro

And I'm quite interested in the new material that is used to make the black wii. The fact that 'the material that satisify the standard of nintendo didn't exist in the world' and they spent 2 years and a half to develope this new material makes me really curious...

What do they say about the graphics and wii-mote?
 

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Jan 4, 2007
9,256
0
0
Vinci said:
Damn it, Capcom. Just feed the game through Google's translator and ship it to the States. We don't need a good translation - I just want the game.

EDIT: As for the 'Iwata Asks,' my Japanese is extremely base since leaving the country but ... this '笑' means 'laughs,' doesn't it?
Yep. The "lol" variant is "www" (add or remove as many "w"'s as you like).
 
May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
May 28, 2009
4,155
0
0
Bizzyb said:
Quick question from someone who knows absolutely nothing about this series;

Is there a day/night system or is every area predetermined with time of day? Like in Phantasy Star Online?
Depending on the mission, the map may be at night or day. It's predetermined by the mission.
 
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
I hated the series until I put more time with MHFU so I'm pretty hyped for the game now. I still don't think that the game is great but for some reason I'm semi-addicted.

Can't wait to see the lines.
 
May 15, 2008
24,645
0
0
Wilmington, DE
Johnlenham said:

why is this going to take so long to translate! so cruel of Capcom Its not like theres even that much text.

Im half tempted to just buy it in Japanese and mash my way through having no idea what's going on :lol

The wii mote setup wasnt to bad when I played the demo as I dont have a GC one to try it but the new controller looks pretty nice might have to pick that up aswell.
Yep, it takes forever. Took 16 months for MHF: Unite, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
 
Jun 8, 2009
216
0
0
Bluemercury said:
What do they say about the graphics and wii-mote?
Basically they said the wii isn't exactly being known for great graphics, and they understand graphics plays a very important part in a MH player's experience, and a lot of people were doubting how MH would look on a wii. So they had to go the extra mile and tried very very hard. Their goal was to make MH3 to be the best looking game on wii.

Iwata then went on and told them the designers in nintendo were stimulated by how MH3 looks and especially the zelda team were under immense pressure.

The wii-mote part was quite funny. It started with Fujioka saying good things about the wii-mote, and then Iwata told him just be honest about it, so he said 'to start off, buttons...' and Iwata finished off his sentence with 'not enough of them' :lol

Tsujimoto then said they considered using motion control, but at last decided against it because hardcore MH players would spend a really lengthy time playing, and motion control would simply be too tiring.

They finished off mapping the controls just before TGS last year, they almost couldn't make it to the show. They have good response for the wii-mote control and Tsujimote's favourite comment was "I'm relieved"

And halfway though the development for the wii-mote, Nintendo suggested to sell the game with the new classic controller pro, and this is a first for Nintendo to collaborate with a third party for the development of a hardware. Even within Nintendo there were people asking 'are you really going to ask a third party about that?', but Iwata wanted previous MH players to enjoy the game without worrying.

Fujioka said he was thinking 'is it fine that we are deciding this?', like where to put the analog stick, and he said he had a great time doing all these.

There's still a lot more in the interview, but since neither japanese nor english is my first language, I'll leave it to somebody else to translate them :p
 
Jul 21, 2007
11,843
0
0
Bavaria, Germany
Oooh.
Man, that NPC helper thing is nice. Takes a lot of heat off of the player. Can it die?

It's annoying that the guy wasn't allowed to jump off that cliff in the "blubbersaur" (lizard thing with the yellow fat around its neck) hideout though, he had to go back and jump down on what seems to be the designated "jump down here kthx" spot.

Dude spent a lot of time trying to cut the tail off the blubbersaur. Makes me wonder... can you capture underwater? I mean, using a lightning trap in the same body of water you're swimming in seems like an incredibly bad idea, unless you want to make Hunter stew.

Taking things out of the box still takes ages. I don't understand why they spend so much time with that useless animation instead of allowing you to just take whatever and get on with the game. Oh well.
 

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
May 28, 2009
4,155
0
0
CTLance said:
Oooh.
Man, that NPC helper thing is nice. Takes a lot of heat off of the player. Can it die?

It's annoying that the guy wasn't allowed to jump off that cliff in the "blubbersaur" (lizard thing with the yellow fat around its neck) hideout though, he had to go back and jump down on what seems to be the designated "jump down here kthx" spot.

Dude spent a lot of time trying to cut the tail off the blubbersaur. Makes me wonder... can you capture underwater? I mean, using a lightning trap in the same body of water you're swimming in seems like an incredibly bad idea, unless you want to make Hunter stew.

Taking things out of the box still takes ages. I don't understand why they spend so much time with that useless animation instead of allowing you to just take whatever and get on with the game. Oh well.
If the helper is anything like the Felyne's in MHFU, the helpers can get knocked out when they run out of HP, but will eventually get back into the fray after a certain period of time.
 
Jul 21, 2007
11,843
0
0
Bavaria, Germany
Spiegel said:
Where is Tenbatsu?
I don't expect to see anyone in this thread for a while once all of jGAF gets the game. They'll make a beeline for the online forum thread and play the game until they're physically incapable of doing so anymore. Then, only after that, maybe, they will remember this forum and post impressions.