• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tenbatsu said:
Yes it is, its a lame port. MHG is one of my favourite in the series thou but am not going to play thru it again.

Meh, Capcom really expects this to sell well ? I mean if it was 2G or something MHG but with more updated graphics - but this ? oh capcom...

Tenbatsu

13 Pages Monster Hunter Special Scoop

MHG
- Cover is showing a hunter wearing Rathalos armor using Babel facing Azure Rathalos.
- Its basically a 100% port with no new content
- Wide screen support
- Support Classic Controller only (GC ?) and able to pick between traditional PS2 controls or PSP controls
- 6 Weapons: Big Sword, Small Sword & Shield, Lance, Hammer, Dual Sword and Light/Heavy bowguns
- Single and Network mode (Unknown if its pay-to-play)
- Includes features found in newer MH like sending items straight to item box (this is not included in MHG)
- 77% complete
- Spring release
- lame

MH3 Tri
- New area: Desert
├ Will have areas/caves that are inaccessible to sunlight.
├ Swordfish like monsters that attack in groups
└ Huge ants (seen in TGS video)

- New monster: Boruborosu
├ Lives in the desert
├ Will submerge in mud to protect from the intense heat (similar to Basarios/Gravios)
├ Breathe by sticking its nose above the mud
├ Will attack hunters that get close to it by a upward head thrust
├ Able to shake harden mud from body to attack players
├ Hunters get caught by the harden mud will be cover in mud. They are unable to attack and movement speed will be greatly decrease
└ When angry, it will use its 'bind voice' ability which will result in hunters covering their ears

- Rathian
├ New spitting fire move that will have a big area effect
├ New move by using its talons to trap a hunter and bite them
└ When stamina decreases, it will fall down during charge or there will be no fire when it is spitting

- Ragiakurusu
├ Have different movement on land/sea
├ Electric attack will stun players
└ Will rest underwater to regenerate health

- Once underwater gauge runs out, health will decrease. Regenerate by getting above water or air bubbles.

- New feature: Action Point, basically its just a shortcut to mining, catching bugs etc by pressing A

- 40% complete
- 2009 release

Tenbatsu

main.jpg

MHG website up
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/G/

TreIII

Hmm....

I guess in the end, I'll be with you. If it's not going to be anything new, I can just afford to save the money for Tri (which just looks all the more appealing with each new scoop).

Funny contradiction there.

You said it's a straight port with no new content, yet you then say they added in the ability to send items to your item box which wasn't in MHG.

Tsk tsk my friend. ;)

Defuser

Hero of Legend said:
Funny contradiction there.

You said it's a straight port with no new content, yet you then say they added in the ability to send items to your item box which wasn't in MHG.

Tsk tsk my friend. ;)
Overall it's still failure on Capcom's part.Of all the MH games they pick the game from the first series.At least they should port MH2 but noooooo it has to be MHG. And you know why? If MHG does well,they will have more excuse to put MH2 on the Wii thus more money.

bdouble

Defuser said:
Overall it's still failure on Capcom's part.Of all the MH games they pick the game from the first series.At least they should port MH2 but noooooo it has to be MHG. And you know why? If MHG does well,they will have more excuse to put MH2 on the Wii thus more money.

Your complaining that a business wants to make money? Might as well complain that the sun is bright. Not an excuse its a plan.

TreIII

bdouble said:
Your complaining that a business wants to make money? Might as well complain that the sun is bright.

Oh, we can do that too! :lol

But seriously, porting the first game is a good move, especially for the sake of new/Wii adopters who, for whatever reason, may be still on the fence about getting into the series.

So, while I can understand and accept that, it still doesn't displace the notion that it is what is. I just will elect not to support it.

ivysaur12

Banned
Defuser said:

It's not like Capcom that just keeps giving the Wii Resident Evil ports without a foreseeable *real* Wii Resident Evil in the future. Monster Hunter 3 is coming, this is just building up hype for it.

Tenbatsu said:
From 2ch:
Spring  MHGWii
Summer MH2Wii
Autumn MHP2GWii
Winter  MH3
:lol
Won't happen, but only because the inevitably tiny content "jump" from P2g to 3 would make them seem lazy. WAIT, SEEM????

I kid. Keep putting out the good stuff, you lazy SOBs.

I don't know Japanese, but that was obviously a joke about the fact that CAPCOM is porting a relatively early incarnation of a series in which every successive game has included essentially everything, content-wise, from every release that preceded it.

Just because some/most (all? really?) of you seem to have missed that utterly unsubtle point.

Man is Kutku going to have a field day. Hopefully!

Vinci

Danish
Will be playing this with the remote and nunchuk, at least for a while to see how it works. Get to localizing, Capcom.

Snaku

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
From 2ch:
Spring  MHGWii
Summer MH2Wii
Autumn MHP2GWii
Winter  MH3
:lol

Holy fucking shit. :eek: If the burn out after this doesn't kill the franchise, nothing will ever stop it. Capcom's putting it to the test!

sammy

interesting news ... well, if MHG makes it over to NA before MHTri I'm gonna' dive right in considering how ridiculously hyped i am for Tri. Capgod's bitch i am... gonna' miss the Tigrex though!

the new Tri shots look great as always, i get the impression Capcom knows that it's going to take its sweet time since they're building it from the ground up.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Smiles and Cries said:
what I have not been following did Capcom release media of MH wii-makes of is it just rumors?

Just for MHG, the others are just a rumour (not even that).
For now.

Tenbatsu

GhostSeed said:
I haven't been keeping up with news on this game has it always supported the classic controller or is this the first confirmation of that? Because that's a huge plus in my book.
MHG supports Classic controller only whereas MH3 supports both Wiiremote + Nunchuk and Classic Controller.

New Screens
mh301.jpg
mh302.jpg

mh303.jpg
mh304.jpg

mh305.jpg
mh306.jpg

mh307.jpg
mh308.jpg

mh309.jpg
mh310.jpg

mh311.jpg
mh312.jpg

mh313.jpg
mh314.jpg

mh315.jpg
mh316.jpg

mh317.jpg
mh318.jpg

mh319.jpg
mh320.jpg

mh321.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the sea dragon looks BADASS. I just wonder how will the fights underwater will play out, hopefully they won't be annoying.

bigswords

Teknoman said:
*Joins in prayer*

Please be Wii speak compatible and free to play for NA & EU.

Good thinking sir! Yes then it will be worth while to buy that Wii Speak thing as well~~
Ohh whatever gaming gods hears the prayers I will carve 1000 monster meat for you.

Gino

Teknoman said:
*Joins in prayer*

Please be Wii speak compatible and free to play for NA & EU.
I'll pay to play if it's good and has Wii Speak or atleast keyboard compatability.

I payed for PSO back in the day.

Tenbatsu

A portion of a Game Informer interview with Keiji Inafune…
GI: There are certain games like Monster Hunter, which is phenomenally successful in Japan, and doesn’t do quite as well in the United States. Is that a function of the game being available on platforms like the PSP, which aren’t quite as popular in the U.S. or is it something about the gameplay that maybe doesn’t attract Western gamers? And if it is something with the gameplay, is it worth tweaking that to make it more accessible to the West at the risk of potentially putting off Japanese gamers as well?

Inafune: I think there are lots of reasons why Monster Hunter hasn’t met with the same level of success overseas. It’s important to bear in mind that the game wasn’t initially a success in Japan. When it first came out, it still had people playing together cooperatively, but it was based online in a much more limited way compared to PSP. When it moved to the PSP and you could have four people sitting around together to play on an ad hoc network, that’s when it really took off in Japan. So you’d get friends playing together and get people of different skill levels and experience levels helping each other out and interacting that way. This plays a big part in why it was so successful in Japan—it’s a game that takes a long time to find interesting. There’s quite a long ramp to get to the point where you’re actually into the game. If you’re playing with four other people in that way, you’re much more likely to hit that point than if you’re by yourself. For the U.S., really, we need to convey how fun it is to play to people and to get to the point where you find the game interesting. Probably playing on infrastructure mode isn’t really the way to do that, that’s my feeling. It’s about getting people together and having them go through this experience together. That’s my feeling.

GI: Do you think putting the game on the Wii is going to help?

Inafune: Well, there’s certainly an opportunity, because it’ll give people a new way to look at Monster Hunter on a new platform, and it’ll contribute to the brand as well. I’m hoping that this could be the chance.
http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200901/N09.0113.1750.52602.htm?Page=1

robox

what inafune says about monster hunter is absolutely true. it is quite a hard game to get into. i spent hours at the outset getting into the game, learning the different systems, before i could start killing monsters. as well, the controls are very slow and deliberate and take some getting used to. i would've quit if i didn't have a friend egging me on.

so while i see the appeal of monster hunter, i'm still a little confounded by the amount of excitement people have for tri. but hey, i felt the same thing about phantasy star online and that was enjoyable and was pretty successful.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
the monsters look gorgeous really. The environments on the other hand, while large and spacious, look reaaaaaaaaally barren and a bit monotonous

Monster Hunter 3 looks really awesome. The various monsters are great and the environments look like they'd be interesting to explore. This is looking like a must-buy game. It's nice to see a third-party actually putting effort into a Wii game.

cw_sasuke

Just read about the new stamina system for monster in mh tri, sounds really nice. Attack paterns now changes depending on the stamina left for the monster. for example they won't be able to use skills fire breath if they fought already for a specific time. If they are low on stamina, they will try to regain their stamina by eating smaller creatures.

so awesome - can't wait for mh tri :D

Tenbatsu

cw_sasuke said:
Just read about the new stamina system for monster in mh tri, sounds really nice. Attack paterns now changes depending on the stamina left for the monster. for example they won't be able to use skills fire breath if they fought already for a specific time. If they are low on stamina, they will try to regain their stamina by eating smaller creatures.

so awesome - can't wait for mh tri :D
Yep, this is something new in the series which was shown during TGS. It is to make the ecosystem more realistic and complicated. I reckon that smaller creatures will not respawn anymore unlike past MH.
Here is the video:
http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/?71218810#top

Rawk Hawk

Can a game like this really be launched without Wii Speak or Keyboard chat? If there is no communtication I would have a hard time paying a monthly fee. I could just play single player games and have the same result.

cw_sasuke

Tenbatsu said:
Yep, this is something new in the series which was shown during TGS. It is to make the ecosystem more realistic and complicated. I reckon that smaller creatures will not respawn anymore unlike past MH.
Here is the video:
http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/?71218810#top

nice thx for the video :)

edit:
ah, this video...already saw it/ have it on my HDD

Top Bottom