• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Tenbatsu

14jnlzd.jpg

You can get out of this scene by throwing shit at Rathian.

markatisu

Can you beat Rathian in the demo? I finally got him to show up when I was close to taking out Kurupekko and got Rathians icon red but right near the end of the time limit he jumped on top of me and just raped me with attacks

Tenbatsu

markatisu said:
Can you beat Rathian in the demo? I finally got him to show up when I was close to taking out Kurupekko and got Rathians icon red but right near the end of the time limit he jumped on top of me and just raped me with attacks
I cant, its pretty hard, still trying thou. You can actually use shit to separate monsters if you dont want to fight them together. Also like what I mentioned above, you can use Shit to throw at Rathian if it jumped on top of you. Shit is super useful now:lol

Tenbatsu

Error said:
Bowguns can stun now? oooh. Unless that pic is misleading and the monster is stunned because of a flash bomb.
346t2pu.jpg

Yes Bowguns can stun now, in the demo there are certain bullets which have the ability to stun when you aim at the head of a monster.

In actual fact, all weapons can stun now.

Tenbatsu

In the new VJump, there's a new scan for MH3 showing a new collaboration Long Sword with the manga Inuyasha. Seems like the weapon got some special moves.

Wonder whats next? Bleach? One Piece? Naruto?

Edit:
Shit so many manga collaborations!
1. 週刊少年チャンピオン
- 武装戦線 (Armor)

2, JUMP
- Pirate J Axe

3. 週刊少年マガジン×月刊少年ライバル
- 真・轟断剣

4. Famitsu
- Gunlance type Weapon

http://getnews.jp/archives/12276

Tenbatsu

Release Date: 1st of August 2009

3 Editions
1. e-Capcom Limited Edition with Concert and Making of DVD + Alpha(?) 9440Yen
2. Classic Controller PRO Edition 8490Yen
3. Normal Edition

New volcano and a new monster is shown in this issue of famitsu.
Slash Axe is basically a transformable weapon which can turn into an Axe or a Sword.

Sad that there is no Wii bundled Edition.

God damn it looks really really good!

Sigh... I really wanted to avoid purchasing this for the Wii. And I don't even have a JP Wii to play it on. I could probably use home brew channel to play the JP version but I would not be able to play online due to needing the connectivity to the JP store. But the game looks so good compared to MHP2G.

Why could they have not just put this on the PS3! Arrgh! I don't buy their line about how it would having to cost more for the PS3. I hope something is in the works for HD consoles.

cvxfreak

Tenbatsu said:
Release Date: 1st of August 2009

3 Editions
2. Classic Controller PRO Edition 8490Yen
3. Normal Edition

New volcano and a new monster is shown in this issue of famitsu.
Slash Axe is basically a transformable weapon which can turn into an Axe or a Sword.

Sad that there is no Wii bundled Edition.

Well, there's still hope, because the Biohazard 5 bundles were announced a few weeks after the e-Capcom editions for that game...

Tenbatsu

ravien56 said:
so now that this is confirmed for NA, are they gonna be charging for online in NA?
Not sure, most likely no.

cvxfreak said:
Well, there's still hope, because the Biohazard 5 bundles were announced a few weeks after the e-Capcom editions for that game...
I certainly hope so, I really don't feel like purchasing another white Wii.....<prays hard>

ravien56

Tenbatsu said:
Not sure, most likely no.

I certainly hope so, I really don't feel like purchasing another white Wii.....<prays hard>
lol i hope so too, not gonna bother buying this if i gotta pay for online, i guess they can get away with it in japan.

markatisu

ravien56 said:
lol i hope so too, not gonna bother buying this if i gotta pay for online, i guess they can get away with it in japan.

Japan has never complained about paying for online, but since MH is not big at all in the US or EU I would doubt they would charge. Making people angry is not exactly the way to coerce them to come to the franchise

I am sooooooooo buying that, if for no other reason then to get the concert and making of

Tenbatsu

- There will be limited Monster Head figures for early birds.

- New Monster Uragan King
-> Replenish stamina by eating rocks
-> Can use its chin to slam the ground
-> Can shoot explosives from its body

- Cha Cha can join you in battle in single mode. (like cats)

- Slash Axe is basically a transformable weapon which can turn into an Axe (no guard) or a Sword (no guard?).
-> In Sword mode, you can unleash elemental attack
-> Looks fucking cool!

- Lance: You are able to use the shield to attack and you can do counters now. (wow zero counter!)

- Long Sword: You can do side step jump after a slash now plus a new roundhouse slash finisher.

- Bowguns: Light - able to side step after a shot, Middle - able to side row after a shot, Heavy - Auto block

markatisu

Tenbatsu said:
- Slash Axe is basically a transformable weapon which can turn into an Axe (no guard) or a Sword (no guard?).
-> In Sword mode, you can unleash elemental attack
-> Looks fucking cool!

That sounds awesome.

The volcano area is EPIC, I cannot wait to play around that!!

This looks so damn awesome, capgod strike again :D . I hope this is fairly popular in the west to can't wait to go online.

Already talked a group of 6 into getting it so far, can't wait.

Snaku

Banned
neo2046 said:
http://img.techpowerup.org/090514/Lv.1_up94089.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.techpowerup.org/090514/91.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.techpowerup.org/090514/92.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.techpowerup.org/090514/93.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Question for Monster Hunter fans.

I have only played MHF for PSP, never finished because I found the controls extremely uncomfortable and annoying. The general gameplay concept was fun(and rather challenging) though. Would you suggest I pick up one of the PS2 ones?

Klyka

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:

I have only played MHF for PSP, never finished because I found the controls extremely uncomfortable and annoying. The general gameplay concept was fun(and rather challenging) though. Would you suggest I pick up one of the PS2 ones?

If the only problem you had were the controls: YES pick one up.

markatisu

MvmntInGrn said:

Yes PS2 controls are far superior, PSP suffers from having to manage movement and camera with essentially the same hand.

PS2 and Wii (via Classic Controller) eliminate that problem by mapping the camera to the 2nd stick (but still allowing the d-pad to act as camera for diehard PSP addicts)

markatisu said:
Yes PS2 controls are far superior, PSP suffers from having to manage movement and camera with essentially the same hand.

PS2 and Wii (via Classic Controller) eliminate that problem by mapping the camera to the 2nd stick (but still allowing the d-pad to act as camera for diehard PSP addicts)
Someone never played PS2 MH.

Wehrwolf

No Classic controller included on the e-Capcom version. Parts of the DVD might be nice to watch once or twice, but considering how much I'll be *using* the controller, I'll go for the 'Classic Controller Pro Pack' instead (assuming the controller looks at least half as neat as the one that comes with the Monster hunter G 'starter pack').

Either way, the game looks great ^^

markatisu

Phife Dawg said:
Uh that volcano monster looks pretty stupid. Like the setting though.

Its kind of like a rock hippo that rolls around in a ball, how should it look? Also have you seen many of the MH monsters :lol

Unless its a dragon there are quite a few that look corny

markatisu said:
Its kind of like a rock hippo that rolls around in a ball, how should it look? Also have you seen many of the MH monsters :lol

Unless its a dragon there are quite a few that look corny
Less like a rock dude with a ginormous chin and more like a monster I guess.

sammy

MH Volcano environments have always been awesome and this one looks like they're movin' on up! nice

Phife Dawg said:
Less like a rock dude with a ginormous chin and more like a monster I guess.

apparently it uses its massive chin to smash/explode the ground near you. But yea, there's plenty of comical characters in the MH universe.

Top Bottom